The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jesse Ventura

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    For the first couple of years, while the bloom was still on the rosebush, and then he began the childish behavior that had his cred drop like a stone off a bridge.

The way he handled his kid partying at the mansion was just one of many major cock-ups he mishandled. What he did do was make it almost immpossible for an independant to be taken seriously in the future. Tom Horner would have been a good choice for Gov, but he didin't have a chance because of the residual fallout from Jesse.

The current crop of elected officials leaves me less than inspired about our future Regards
    Everybody makes mistakes. I think that Jesse would at least call some of these career politicians out for acting like children instead of saying the "politically correct" thing. He would call a spade a spade and that's what we need. Maybe a little public chastising of these people by the President would make them step up and do something rather than pout because they are not geting their way. If you look into every politician's past, I am quite sure there are skeletons in the closet somewhere, or some youthful indiscretion. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Everybody makes mistakes. I think that Jesse would at least call some of these career politicians out for acting like children instead of saying the "politically correct" thing. He would call a spade a spade and that's what we need. Maybe a little public chastising of these people by the President would make them step up and do something rather than pout because they are not geting their way. If you look into every politician's past, I am quite sure there are skeletons in the closet somewhere, or some youthful indiscretion. JMHO

Murral, that was his downfall. When he was called out on events or actions, he was the one who pouted and gave us his signiture line about all reporters are " jackals". When the " Jackals" reporting suited him all was well, but if they reported on his actions..............another story.

I expected more backbone from him Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

isnt Ventura one of those that believe that 9-11 was an "inside job" and part of some govt conspiracy
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    isnt Ventura one of those that believe that 9-11 was an "inside job" and part of some govt conspiracy
    Many in the world believe the Kennedy assasination was an inside job too. I just think that he won't sugar coat anything, good or bad, and would do a better job than any in recent history. He would've focused on the people responsible for 9/11 not going into Iraq, which was not a threat. Just my .02

Many in the world believe the Kennedy assasination was an inside job too. I just think that he won't sugar coat anything, good or bad, and would do a better job than any in recent history. He would've focused on the people responsible for 9/11 not going into Iraq, which was not a threat. Just my .02
    Keep the change.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Keep the change.
    What does that mean?

What does that mean?
    From your $.02
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Yes, big time. A buddy in Minneapolis idolizes him for it.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    From your $.02
    You should watch "Bambi". Remember what Thumper's mother said. "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." HA HA HA