The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with ecollar

3labs

Default help with ecollar

I am looking for some help on my purchase of an ecollar...I am looking at the dogtra 2000 nc and the TT pro 100...I am trying to determine what everyone likes or dislikes about these units? price isn't the concern. I am buying a 2 dog unit...my innotek has shot craps and I have been kicking myself for buying that unit anyway ....I have 2 labs that are in training.. thanks for your help

kevin

3labs,

Take a look at the sportDOG Brand SD-1200. It has 3/4 mile range, 2 dog capability, 16 levels of correction 8 on nick and 8 on continous, rechargable receiver, lifetime warranty, and about half the price.
    Gotta Kill'em Before Ya Grill'em

www.sportdogbrand.com

3labs I do not have a ton of experience with collars but I do have the dogtra 2000 NC and have had no problems with it. The group I train with all have dogtra so that is what I got. I can't compare to the TT100 but again I really like the dogtra that I have.

FWIW, I bought a 1 dog TT pro 200, had it modified to a two dog system and now wish, for versatility and advanced training, I had the TT Pro 500. for the extra few $'s I would go with the Pro 500. I will eventually.

Steve
    Quote to wife after dating several years....."The dogs were here when you got here and they will be here when you are long gone"

3labs

sportdogboy

in regards to the 2400 that has been introduced lately how does it hold up to rain? I believe that it says it is weather proof/resistant but not waterproof....I am considering it and using the used one I got as an emergency....also considering dt systems 7100....it has waterproof trans for $50....

thanks
    kevin

I had my 2400 transmitter in my back pocket about two months ago when I fell in a training pond. It wasn't under water long but it was under water. It never missed a beat and is still working.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

I also have aSPort Dog and it works awsome. I switched from TT to the SportDog. You will not go wrong with this product. The customer service and warranty is the best on the market.

Ed

Does anybody have a link to a website for these sport dog collars? Or can I get them from dogs afield.

SportDog.net

Go with the TT PRO 500, I have the 2 dog model, gives you a lot of options for a little extra money. TT is great with customer service.
    Doug

Dogs are not my whole life, they just make my life whole.