RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Last frozen semen of Gentle Ben

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Richard Finch 
#1 ·
Sunday afternoon I had the privilege of observing the final breeding of GRHRCH Gator Point's Magnum Gentle Ben MH QAA to GRHRCH Baby Blue's One Hot Moma MH "Diva" at Greene, Lewis and Associates in Folsom, La. Dr. Barry Strickland did the surgery and placed one half of the thawed semen into each of Diva's rosey pink uterine horns. This is the almost exact procedure from last year, using GRHRCH Dakota's Cajun Roux's frozen semen that produced 13 beautiful pups.

Ben has produced so many talented Chocolate dogs over the years and it saddens me that this will be the last of his breedings. I had this privilege as Mandy Cieslinski, Diva's owner, was running Cajun HRC's test that weekend and she allowed me to take care of the breeding. Diva is one of the most talented dogs that Ben has been bred to and is a love of a house guest to boot!

Mandy's taking over the Gator Point name and blood line gives Cleo and me so much pleasure in continuing the program that we spent the last 31 years building. Mandy is so dedicated and talented and we know she will take the line to even greater heights.

#3 ·
That is neat that you were able to be there! Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.