The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: More Scary Black People

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    loi·ter
    We have signs that say its against the law to do this at a polling place. I guess thats why he opens the door no one could get in without his help. . Was he hired? I think not

to linger aimlessly or as if aimless in or about a place: to loiter around the bus terminal.

Did you notice the clip I posted in this thread that I got from the Fox News Website? They found out after they did their on air story that the guy is actually an official poll worker this time around. So, in fact, he was not loitering. He was working in his official capacity. I guess he decided to go legit.

I still don't understand how you all feel that an African American would be intimidating standing outside the polls in an African American community. Please explain.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Good Lord, I'll try and remember to call them socioeconomically challenged neighborhoods from now on. But I will tell you, there is just no way you could call them "good." Around Detroit we just called them bad neighborhoods.

Where is there an "all white" state?
    I suppose it would be a matter of degree, but I suspect both Dakotas of being overwhelmingly caucasian, along with utah and some of the tiny states on the east coast perhaps.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

[QUOTEWould you like him standing outside of your house opening the door for your wife? I didn't think so.][/QUOTE]

He is on a public sidewalk. And yes he could open the door for my wife in a public place any time he felt like it. I had a blast at the poles today. Our town has 2 booths well kinda booths (3 sided cardboard cut outs) and paper handouts. There were 10 or 12 people at the same time this morning. So We had a non private voting area,,,where we lined up on bench seats and copied each others answers We talked duck hunting and set blind times for my neighbors granddaughter. We would make that black dude feel right at home.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Pete, you and Buzz don't get it. It's more about appearance than anything else. He is wearing traditional "Black Panther" garb. He is presenting himself as a Black Panther. If I stood outside a polling station wearing a KKK robe, would that be ok? Do you think anyone would have a problem with it if I was polite and opened doors for people? If he is an "official" poll worker, he shouldn't be wearing a Black Panther beret and military insignia. Go ahead and spin this any way you want but it is what it is. The double standards in today's society are ridiculous, especially when it comes to race. Terry Bradshaw makes an inside joke about fried chicken when Reggie Bush scored a touchdown and everybody screams racism. His joke was between him and another commentator and had nothing to do with racism or Reggie Bush but that's not how the liberal media made it sound. Yet, a Black Panther can stand outside a polling station during a Presidential election and it's ok.
    Last edited by Brian Cockfield; 11-06-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell.

Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

You call it ok, I call it the same as it was in 2008, Intimidation. He is making a statement by wearing his black panther clothes.

I.am glad to hear that he is legit, but they should not allow him to dress that way if he's a poll worker
    Last edited by gmhr1; 11-06-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    You call it ok, I call it the same it was in 2008, Intimidation. He is making a statement by wearing his black panther clothes.
    That's exactly what it is.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell.

Pete, you and Buzz don't get it. It's more about appearance than anything else. He is wearing traditional "Black Panther" garb. He is presenting himself as a Black Panther. If I stood outside a polling station wearing a KKK robe, would that be ok? Do you think anyone would have a problem with it if I was polite and opened doors for people? If he is an "official" poll worker, he shouldn't be wearing a Black Panther beret and military insignia. Go ahead and spin this any way you want but it is what it is. The double standards in today's society are ridiculous, especially when it comes to race. Terry Bradshaw makes an inside joke about fried chicken when Reggie Bush scored a touchdown and everybody screams racism. His joke was between him and another commentator and had nothing to do with racism or Reggie Bush but that's not how the liberal media made it sound. Yet, a Black Panther can stand outside a polling station during a Presidential election and it's ok.

Brian
    I am not spinning any thing. for starters all I saw was a black guy wearing a barea and opening a door for people. I have read nothing into the video. . I have no idea if he is a black panther or an x green barea. If indeed he is a black panther,,,he has every right to hate white people just as the KKK has the right to hate black people. As long as they don't do harm ,,,who gives a rats ass what they believe. He appeared very harmless to me in the video. As long as he remains harmless he can dress and do what he chooses. Personally that would not intimidate me or my wife.

I also understand the double standard and where you guys are coming from. But fox news is kin with cnc,,same mother different father or same father different mothers.
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 11-06-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

He wouldn't intimidate me either Pete but in an election where every single vote makes a difference, he should not be there. Period. Just because he doesn't intimidate me doesn't mean he wouldn't intimidate my mother or wife. The Black Panthers are a hate group and it's sad that a member of hate group is allowed to stand outside of a polling station. I don't give a rat's a$$ how nice he is.