RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

What is your interest in buying an RTF hat?

• Yes, I'd be interested.

Votes: 143 82.2%
  • No thanks. I have enough hats

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I'd be intrested, but I'm outside North America. It will require a higher freight charge.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, here is my comment.

Votes: 7 4.0%

RTF Handler's Caps are In... Are you interested?

18K views 79 replies 48 participants last post by  MooseGooser 
#1 ·
Cap Clothing Baseball cap Headgear Fashion accessory

Special Thanks are in order to David Carrington, a good friend to myself and RTF at Avery Sporting Dogs.

David had put this project together quite a while ago. I've had these in my possession for several weeks. It is a cooperative effort in cooperation with Avery Sporting Dog and RTF.

I'm still figuring out the best way to distribute these to folks who are interested. The inventory is already here. I'm just running this poll to get an idea of how many folks would be interested in buying one and having it shipped. The response will gauge how I do this, if at all.

A few folks already have one, as I've taken a few to some recent events.

Please feel free to click a poll option, if you care to. No obligation here...just a rough gauge of interest.

Price would be $12.50 per cap, plus shipping and handling. If there's enough response, I'll likely set up a "buy it now" link E-bay style with a PayPal option.

Thanks, Chris

See less See more
#3 ·
Wide Brim - especially for guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 ·
I've got enough hats, but what the heck, there's always room for another one. :)

#30 ·
I would not want people to confuse me with an ATF officer. I do like the colors, the font could be a bit misleading to the folks in my neighborhood though.
http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?78156-RTF-Hat!!&highlight=hat

I have credited Stan B, aka "Road Kill" with the idea for the hat design. Now that I go back and re-read the thread, I realize I may have been off a little.

The fact is that this handler's cap was indeed an artistic interpretation of a hat that may somewhat resemble that of another institution not known for retrievers.

I'd suggest NOT wearing an RTF hat into a late night party in an area not populated with retriever folk....

It looks like if the response is serious, I may need to ask David to make me another run of caps!

Chris

#6 ·
Brother Chris, Hook me up!

Wally

#8 ·
Are they made in the US?

JS

#10 ·
Chris where do you sign up to pay? I want one NOW !!

#11 ·
Love the back of hat with "website" and Avery Sporting Dog logo.
Maybe put the letters "RTF" on one side just above ear.
Spell out Retriever Training Forum on front of cap. Maybe in an arc. Fancy up the text/font.

I agree with the other post to plain on front and could be confusing to some that are not familar with our sport.

Just some thoughts

#14 ·
Gooser, like Henry Ford said, you can have any color you like, as long as it is black.

J.S. the handers' caps were not made in the USA. I don't know if I own a cap made in the last several years that was made in our country. I did vote today..... :cool:

The caps are already made and are as they appear in the pictures. Alterations won't be made.

JHenion, I did have a petite and lovely lady try one a few weeks ago and it was indeed a bit too big for her.

I don't know yet how the distribution will be done. I'm using this poll to gauge interest.

Thanks, Chris

#16 ·
Pink would be cool...I must be sick, agreeing with Gooser <sigh> ;)

#17 ·
They look nice but no thanks. I am VERY superstitious in regards to hats when I am trialing - I would never dare to run with a different hat! I am still debating whether to retire my hat from the Canadian National or see if it will be lucky for weekend trials!;)

#21 ·
I've heard that camo 5 gallon "Handlers Buckets" with a logo have been on the "wish list" for a while too.

#29 ·
I voted yes.

I am guessing you will sell out, and will then get some of the other options, like camo, pink, dark green, etc.

I personally don't care for white linings, but, only cause it ends up brown rimmed, and a thumb area out on the bill.... Just a dirty old man, I guess... ;)

#31 ·
Put me in for one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.