RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Duck hunting guide in the midwest

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Bartona500 
#1 ·
I am wanting to go on a duck hunting trip to possibly Arkansas but I am always open to other places. Does anyone have any recommendations? I would also like to bring my dog with me on trip.

Thanks

#2 ·
So which state have you decided to hunt in? If you're hunting in Arkansas let me know and i can maybe help point you in the right direction.

Most outfits will let you bring your dog to hunt with, just be sure your dog is under control. I can't tell you how many times i've seen sports bring a dog with them out to the field that was an untrained monster. It will absolutely kill an enjoyable hunt.

#3 ·
Arkansas isn't exactly the mid-west... if you're talking about the popular places to hunt in the state (the areas with the most guides), you will be in the deep south near the MS River delta. If you truly want to go to the midwest duck hunting, then check out Tim West's place in Oklahoma (www.duckclubofoklahoma.com). I will be hunting with Tim this December right before Christmas. I'm also hunting a few days with Prairie Thunder Outfitters in Central Kansas. Haven't hunted with them before, so I'm not sure how it will go.

Either way, if you're going to hunt in midwest, you better start doing a rain dance. I'm afraid our trip is going to be a total bust, not enough water to hold birds right now.

#7 ·
Barton, don't worry. We had a drought last year as bad or worse than this one. We whacked em. We have a spring fed marsh, a pond that is 40 feet deep when it's down and other places gleaned through 17 years of guiding. And that's just the water....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.