The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: How long will it take the Obama Administration to turn the economy around?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • 18 Months

0 0%
  • 19 - 24 Months

1 2.44%
  • 25 - 36 Months

9 21.95%
  • Greater than 36 Months

4 9.76%
  • Greater than 48 Months

2 4.88%
  • It just won't happen

25 60.98%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turing It All Around

Default Turing It All Around

Taking a que from my good friend KG, thought I'd start a poll...it's a poliltical thing to do, you know.

So...how long will it take #44 to turn the economy around and why that long?

It's my first poll, so be gentle cause ya'll are kind and caring.

Political Regards,

Joe S.
    Last edited by Joe S.; 11-09-2008 at 05:26 PM.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

At a minimum 3 + years. Too many major financial hurdles to overcome in less time than that. The core industries need to get back on track before any significant economic change will occur. Heck, 3M just announced another 1500 to be layed off and they had a good year. Just like a cold, it will get worse before it gets better and we will hurt in the meantime.

Recession regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

I voted 2-3 years, but it's not clear what a recovery will look like. Our economy has been based on credit to an extent that can't (and shouldn't) be replicated. The big challenge is to get growth started again without such a heavy reliance on perpetually growing debt. Of necessity that will result in a lower standard of living for an extended period.

It all depends on how many of his campaign promises he delivers on.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Since when has the government done anything good for the American economy and when was the last time a politician made a positive difference for the American economy?

They're all a bunch of bums and if you're sitting at home waiting for the latest one to make a difference you're wasting your time. He's no different than the one he's replacing. He's not going to buy your gas and he's not going to pay your mortgage. That's up to you...not some sleezy lawmaker in Washingon DC. They couldn't care less about you.

Look in the mirror and you'll see the one responsible for making a difference. You're responsible...not some low-life politician who's only in it for the power and prestige.

We're in this mess because of politicians like Obama. They've driven this country into the dirt and it will stay there as long as we continue to believe they have the answer.

They don't.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Until they throw those crooks like Barney Frank and Chris Dodd out of the Congress it ain't gonna happen
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

I didn’t answer because I am not sure what his actions will be that will directly effect the economy in a positive way. Could you identify specific actions that he will enact that will have a direct effect on the economy?

Attempting to learn about economic issues from any that want to provide real economic information.

Edbuck

One place he is already helping the economy is guns sales. The Bass Pro I work at is up 700% this week.

I will say that it will take as long as is required for people to shed some of the loans they have, getting their debt/income level down to a level where someone will feel comfortable giving them a loan for a car etc. For many I would bet on a 3-5 year timeframe - if they don't default in the meantime that is...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    So...how long will it take #44 to turn the economy around and why that long? Joe S.
    This depends on who he chooses in his cabinet & inner circle. I would be comfortable with Larry (not politically correct) Summers at Treasury & Paul (sound dollar) Volcker in his inner circle of economic advisers. I believe it too early to vote, & won't, until we see some flesh on his machine.

There are already 2 things that have happened that are cause for concern - David Axelrod is known for excellent campaigns & candidates with mediocre results & is now one of his WH advisors - & his potential decision to rescind the Bush executive order on domestic drilling, there is no logistical way to Alternative Energy this situation into economic progress. We are too far behind on infrastructure to accomplish economic recovery without slow phase out of the present system. Just look at the burden caused by the ethanol boondoggle,

I for one hope he shows a modicum of success so we can get the we don't get a chance crowd on the sidelines & just judge performance based on success or lack thereof. Some of my favorite coaches are minorities & I am able to look beyond their color to the successful programs they create.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!