Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Challenge: Accepted

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Nope not at all.
    So you are ok with Octomom?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    To you as I posted to Stan and another member. Let's not get personal.
    Well, whereas I agree in principle, I'm not sure that there was any real alternative there. It really doesn't appear that your initial question was well thought out if thought out at all. I'm not saying that you personally are cognitively challenged, but it really seems to me that had you given the question much thought, you could easily have realized that indeed, from many people's perspective, it certainly can be very irresponsible to choose to have children.
    Last edited by HPL; 11-13-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Well, whereas I agree in principle, I'm not sure that there was any real alternative there. It really doesn't appear that your initial question was well thought out if thought out at all. I'm not saying that you personally are cognitively challenged, but it really seems to me that had you given the question much thought, you could easily realized that indeed, from many people's perspective, it certainly can be very irresponsible to choose to have children.
    I'll check with JD and see if he still has the step ladder.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    The South does not have proprietary rights on stupid people. Idiots like that can live anywhere... ever watch Jersey Shore?
    Nope, I just need to go to Wal Mart to see ummmm, people like that. Only saw a few of the Jersey ummmmmmmmmmmm people on Leno or Letterman. There parents must be so proud.

And I see that the drunk one, wait I need to be more specific, The drunk girl, no wait, Snoopy has just had her very own baby. Wonder if there are any lingering alcohol related problems on the horizen.

Still think they should have a permit to Breed Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Well, whereas I agree in principle, I'm not sure that there was any real alternative there. It really doesn't appear that your initial question was well thought out if thought out at all. I'm not saying that you personally are cognitively challenged, but it really seems to me that had you given the question much thought, you could easily realized that indeed, from many people's perspective, it certainly can be very irresponsible to choose to have children.
    At this point in the game I would not choose to have children. Young people make mistakes in their judgement. I don't condone having kids just to get more govt money in any way shape or form. I don't begrudge anyone that may fall upon hard times to get help. Have any of you that have the views you have ever made a youthful mistake? It appears to me that some here have never made a bad decision, or ever made a mistake. These people must surely walk on water by their self righteous posts. A coach of mine said to us once, "if you've never made a mistake. You've never made a decision."

Honey Boo Boo and her family are all about the money. They are riding the money train right now and the mom is investing the money for all the kid's future needs. She was offered a bigger house, but refused. Seems she is smart enough to know that one day the ride will end. Unlike some of the athletes that by the time they are forty are dead broke because all they did was spend on cars and houses that need a consistent cash flow to maintain.
    Terri

Actually, Murral, my life has been one bad decision after another, but none that have so far caused the suffering of an innocent child, nor have I yet had to accept money from the government, except, of course the social security and veteran's survivor benefits which I received due to the death of my father when I was only six. That did make it much easier for me to go to college, although, since my dad was an electrical engineer with Standard Oil, had he not been killed on the hwy, by the time I was of college age, I believe that my family would have probably had sufficient means to at least assist with my college education. My mistakes have mostly been financial and career in nature, nothing that would get me in trouble with the law or even society at large (no drugs, no alcohol, no murder, etc., just mostly overeating and under-achieving). I have chosen my friends wisely, none have really gone down the wrong road (although some will have a beer or two now and then). My wife was one of the truly good choices. We were at a highschool reunion (40th) a few weeks ago and I really realized what an unusual lot my crowd is. All but one still married to original spice (plural of spouse around my house), none in jail, all with at least some college, most with at least a BS (and mostly BS as opposed to BA), and a fair number with advanced degrees. It's the all still married to original spouses that really knocks me out!! Also most (but not all) with kids, but none with a litter.

I don't begrudge the truly needy help, and people who start out right and have something bad and beyond their control happen should be helped, but NO ONE should have half a dozen kids, and no one who is already on public assistance should be having children. I am also opposed to just giving assistance to folks who are suffering from self inflicted wounds (drug addicts, drop-outs, etc.) Those folks need to work for their upkeep (clean streets, erase graffiti, scrape up gum, mow grass, clean toilets, or whatever needs to be done) They can paint houses and work in yards for folks who are actually unable to care for themselves or whatever, but I am really opposed to just giving stuff to able bodied people. They also need to get their food from a pretty restricted list of approved items (dried beans, rice, powdered milk, surplus cheese, and a whole chicken now and then, and a few fresh veggies). I don't want to see anyone paying for groceries with food stamps (or the equivalent) and then paying cash for cigarettes and beer. Just galls me. I was going to buy some ground beef and make a meat loaf last night, but lean ground beef is $4.80+/lb!!! Forget steak!! Ended up buying ground chicken (still about $3.00/lb). Put lots of beans, hominy, and oatmeal in the mix to stretch it out. Am beginning to think about the neighborhood cats . Wonder what sparrow tastes like (they are about the only no season/no limit bird in Texas).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Wonder what sparrow tastes like (they are about the only no season/no limit bird in Texas).

I found that the Crowe has a little more flavor and is meatier. I too have to strech my money to eat.
    Home To

HRCH Bluesky's Rollin Thunder MH
    Bluesky's Hot Bunn's Ellie
    SHR Saddiehawkins of Summer Bird 1998-2011
    SHR Bluesky's Some like em Hot 2009-2010 Left too soon