The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 78

Thread: Challenge: Accepted

  1. #51
    Senior Member Sue Kiefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clintonville,Wi
    Posts
    1,836

    Default

    Rest assured Marvin MY Kids work very hard for what they get. Daughter Soph. yr. HS top 10% in her class(taking advanced classes -Algebra and English) AND she is active in sports and helps at the kennel. She has dreams(She wants to become a Vet.)
    My youngster (5th grade) test scores on recent state testing is at the hightest level.
    He wants to play Hockey for the Pittsburgh Penguins and built me a house near the rink so that I can watch him play.
    yes he's 10rs. old and allowed to dream big
    Not looking for anything that they don't work for .
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

    "Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kiefer View Post
    Rest assured Marvin MY Kids work very hard for what they get. Daughter Soph. yr. HS top 10% in her class(taking advanced classes -Algebra and English) AND she is active in sports and helps at the kennel. She has dreams(She wants to become a Vet.)
    My youngster (5th grade) test scores on recent state testing is at the hightest level.
    He wants to play Hockey for the Pittsburgh Penguins and built me a house near the rink so that I can watch him play.
    yes he's 10rs. old and allowed to dream big
    Not looking for anything that they don't work for .
    Sue
    Not casting any reflection on your children, just saying if you have your hand out you are sending the wrong message . I've been through all those stages with the Children & Grand Children, fortunately they have been able to live life on their terms. They are all proud of being self sufficient, today .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Actually it is " you breed it you feed it". Absolutely no reason the taxpayers should be forced to pay for the iresponsible actions of others.
    You honestly think that someone choosing to have children is irresponsible, or am I missing something here?

  4. #54
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    You honestly think that someone choosing to have children is irresponsible, or am I missing something here?
    If they can't afford the child without leaching off the taxpayers then yes of course!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    If they can't afford the child without leaching off the taxpayers then yes of course!
    Would you say that if some life changing event occurred after they had children that they are still leeches? Car accident, work accident, illness to name a few. I get the feeling that you don't like children. Might be reading you wrong though.

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Would you say that if some life changing event occurred after they had children that they are still leeches? Car accident, work accident, illness to name a few. I get the feeling that you don't like children. Might be reading you wrong though.
    You shouldn't have children if you aren't prepared for life. Pregnancy isn't a magic spell we know what causes it...

  7. #57
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    You honestly think that someone choosing to have children is irresponsible, or am I missing something here?
    First, I would say that many children aren't born because the parents "chose" to have them, and second, yes, choosing to have children is very often extremely irresponsible. There are many, many, many, many people out there that have NO business having children, either because they are in no position financially to raise them, or because they are mentally, or constitutionally not suited. (just as not everyone should own a dog)

    There are also plenty of folks in the world who don't really enjoy children. Up to this point, I have never regretted CHOOSING not to procreate.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  8. #58
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,144

    Default

    Under certain conditions having children can be the most irresponsible thing one can do.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    You honestly think that someone choosing to have children is irresponsible, or am I missing something here?
    YES ! For some people it is highly so. I see those people with their children every time I go to a store. I used to volunteer at a school and there are lots of parents who haven't a clue about being a good parent. A young family member is baby sitting a tiny child at this time and the mother of that child should never have had a child. NEVER !
    charly

    There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

  10. #60
    Senior Member Golddogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    YES ! For some people it is highly so. I see those people with their children every time I go to a store. I used to volunteer at a school and there are lots of parents who haven't a clue about being a good parent. A young family member is baby sitting a tiny child at this time and the mother of that child should never have had a child. NEVER !
    That poster child of the south, Honey Boo Boo comes to mind.

    Should need permit to breed Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •