The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Challenge: Accepted

Rest assured Marvin MY Kids work very hard for what they get. Daughter Soph. yr. HS top 10% in her class(taking advanced classes -Algebra and English) AND she is active in sports and helps at the kennel. She has dreams(She wants to become a Vet.)
    My youngster (5th grade) test scores on recent state testing is at the hightest level.
    He wants to play Hockey for the Pittsburgh Penguins and built me a house near the rink so that I can watch him play.
    yes he's 10rs. old and allowed to dream big
    Not looking for anything that they don't work for .
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kiefer View Post
    Rest assured Marvin MY Kids work very hard for what they get. Daughter Soph. yr. HS top 10% in her class(taking advanced classes -Algebra and English) AND she is active in sports and helps at the kennel. She has dreams(She wants to become a Vet.)
    My youngster (5th grade) test scores on recent state testing is at the hightest level.
    He wants to play Hockey for the Pittsburgh Penguins and built me a house near the rink so that I can watch him play.
    yes he's 10rs. old and allowed to dream big
    Not looking for anything that they don't work for .
    Sue
    Not casting any reflection on your children, just saying if you have your hand out you are sending the wrong message . I've been through all those stages with the Children & Grand Children, fortunately they have been able to live life on their terms. They are all proud of being self sufficient, today .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Actually it is " you breed it you feed it". Absolutely no reason the taxpayers should be forced to pay for the iresponsible actions of others.
    You honestly think that someone choosing to have children is irresponsible, or am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    You honestly think that someone choosing to have children is irresponsible, or am I missing something here?
    If they can't afford the child without leaching off the taxpayers then yes of course!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    If they can't afford the child without leaching off the taxpayers then yes of course!
    Would you say that if some life changing event occurred after they had children that they are still leeches? Car accident, work accident, illness to name a few. I get the feeling that you don't like children. Might be reading you wrong though.

Would you say that if some life changing event occurred after they had children that they are still leeches? Car accident, work accident, illness to name a few. I get the feeling that you don't like children. Might be reading you wrong though.
    You shouldn't have children if you aren't prepared for life. Pregnancy isn't a magic spell we know what causes it...

First, I would say that many children aren't born because the parents "chose" to have them, and second, yes, choosing to have children is very often extremely irresponsible. There are many, many, many, many people out there that have NO business having children, either because they are in no position financially to raise them, or because they are mentally, or constitutionally not suited. (just as not everyone should own a dog)

There are also plenty of folks in the world who don't really enjoy children. Up to this point, I have never regretted CHOOSING not to procreate.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Under certain conditions having children can be the most irresponsible thing one can do.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

YES ! For some people it is highly so. I see those people with their children every time I go to a store. I used to volunteer at a school and there are lots of parents who haven't a clue about being a good parent. A young family member is baby sitting a tiny child at this time and the mother of that child should never have had a child. NEVER !
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    YES ! For some people it is highly so. I see those people with their children every time I go to a store. I used to volunteer at a school and there are lots of parents who haven't a clue about being a good parent. A young family member is baby sitting a tiny child at this time and the mother of that child should never have had a child. NEVER !
    That poster child of the south, Honey Boo Boo comes to mind.

Should need permit to breed Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!