The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Permanent Majority........

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Again, look at the popular vote. Although they are no longer showing it on CNN.com, last I saw Obama only had a very slight edge there and actually lost ground in some areas, including the black vote (only by a couple of points, but that is something). The independent vote was also still won by the dems, but by only 4 points, a twelve point swing from 2008. IF we make it two more years, perhaps we'll retake the senate. Repubs need to smarten up and quit shooting our candidates in the foot by insisting on making them take hard positions on the really decisive issues and concentrate on the conservative position of smaller government and more freedom. Those should be the positions Republicans should espouse and let everything else fall into place. It was basically the women's vote (read abortion rights) and the latino vote (read immigration issues) that cost us the election. Both very obvious 3rd rail issues which no smart republican should insist a candidate be vetted on.
    I absolutely agree with you on why the Republicans lost the election. When women make up more than half the electorate and some candidates are basically saying you are the governments property and we can do with you what we want then their is going to be a serious price to pay.

Same things for the Latinos, being openly hostile to what their concerns are will not win you any friends. Some estimates I have read have say that Latinos will make up 40% of the vote in 25 years.

For those saying Romney lost because he was not Conservative enough, I think you have it wrong, going farther to the right is going to make getting the women and latino vote that much harder.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    For those saying Romney lost because he was not Conservative enough, I think you have it wrong, going farther to the right is going to make getting the women and latino vote that much harder.
    Since it is the MODERATES (folks in the middle) who actually determine the final outcome, it is just stupid to pander to the fringe (base). I am convinced that is what cost G. H. W. Bush his second term. In response to Clinton's portrayal of himself as a moderate, bush moved to the right to give the voters a clear choice. I always thought that he should have walked up that hill and pushed Clinton off the middle.

I think the real problem is in the primaries where the reactionary members of the party seem to be able to force candidates to "prove" their worthiness to be considered Republicans and where the candidates must play to the base. This actually almost guarantees that we end up with a candidate that is LESS likely to appeal to the moderate voters in the country. Putting Palin on the ticket to appeal to the BASE cost the repubs my vote in 2008 (voted libertarian). I have to believe that the republican values of self reliance, less govt interference, etc., still ring true with the American people, but unfortunately the party has allowed itself to by hijacked by the extreme right and now focuses on distracting social issues like what folks do in their bedrooms. It has proven to be a losing strategy and really pisses me off.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    I absolutely agree with you on why the Republicans lost the election. When women make up more than half the electorate and some candidates are basically saying you are the governments property and we can do with you what we want then their is going to be a serious price to pay. I can give any woman all the FREE birth control she wants, gaurunteed to work, 100%, and she has COMPLTETE/TOTAL control over her body!!!

Same things for the Latinos, being openly hostile to what their concerns are will not win you any friends. Some estimates I have read have say that Latinos will make up 40% of the vote in 25 years. This is absurd, show the "openly hostile" attitude towards Latinos by conservatives
    What nonsense..........
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Same things for the Latinos, being openly hostile to what their concerns are will not win you any friends. Some estimates I have read have say that Latinos will make up 40% of the vote in 25 years.
    [COLOR=#0000CD
    This is absurd, show the "openly hostile" attitude towards Latinos by conservatives[/COLOR]
    road kill;1031218]What nonsense..........

You must be kidding!!! Just how many Mexicans do you actually know? Are there any in Wisconsin? How many folks do you know who speak Spanish as their first language? I grew up ON the border (Brownsville, Tx.) I went to a highschool with a graduating class of 760+ in which there were probably less than 100 of us anglos (and believe me we stuck out). My teachers, classmates, friends, and girls I dated had last names like, Garcia, Castillo, Ramirez, etc. I had no idea how many blonds there were in the world until I went away to college.

Most citizens with brown skin are aware that one can't really tell the difference between a legal and an illegal just by looking at them so they are, I think legitimately, concerned by the fairly aggressive rhetoric coming from many members of the republican party. Illegal immigration is a problem in this country. I'm not sure how to address it and at the same time not appear racist. That is going to be an ongoing problem for the republicans. We must find a way to address it. In our area (less than 120 miles from the border) the party ran a campaign with hispanic republicans explaining how they became republican. We had a number of hispanic republicans on the local and state ballots.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

There is just no hope for you guys on the far right!

Funny you should say that, because I was thinking the same thing about you atheists with no soul.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

One interesting stat i heard while following along the coverage, there was a claim that 1/5 of the voters claimed no religious attachment. Boy that ran several things through my mind...
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    You must be kidding!!! Just how many Mexicans do you actually know? Are there any in Wisconsin? How many folks do you know who speak Spanish as their first language? I grew up ON the border (Brownsville, Tx.) I went to a highschool with a graduating class of 760+ in which there were probably less than 100 of us anglos (and believe me we stuck out). My teachers, classmates, friends, and girls I dated had last names like, Garcia, Castillo, Ramirez, etc. I had no idea how many blonds there were in the world until I went away to college.

Most citizens with brown skin are aware that one can't really tell the difference between a legal and an illegal just by looking at them so they are, I think legitimately, concerned by the fairly aggressive rhetoric coming from many members of the republican party. Illegal immigration is a problem in this country. I'm not sure how to address it and at the same time not appear racist. That is going to be an ongoing problem for the republicans. We must find a way to address it. In our area (less than 120 miles from the border) the party ran a campaign with hispanic republicans explaining how they became republican. We had a number of hispanic republicans on the local and state ballots.
    I couldn't agree more.

Interesting how the Hispanic vote turned away from Romney especially after the way Bush and Raegan pandered to them. No doubt it was Romney's early stance on illegals that turned many of them away. When he flip flopped on the issue, it was too late.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

Interesting how the Hispanic vote turned away from Romney especially after the way Bush and Raegan pandered to them. No doubt it was Romney's early stance on illegals that turned many of them away. When he flip flopped on the issue, it was too late.
    My Mother was a WW2 bride.

She was British. You couldnt look at her and tell if she was legal or Illegal either... She had white skin..
    She came here,, never became a citizen. Had a green card all the 50 yrs she was here.She always worked. and paid taxes, SS..
    ect She never voted...

There are folks that come here now that DEMAND care, benifts,, jobs,, and Rights garunteed by the constitution of the United states..... many vote illegally.. many get paid illegally under the table..

I dont believe the country SHOULD pander to them... If they follow laws,, and become a citizen ,, then thats a different story...

I will not vote to reward illegal (criminal) people.

I will not allow contrators who do work at my home, to have undocumented workers at my property..
    I ask this question before they start the job.. If I find out different... Well......
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 11-08-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post

She was British. You couldnt look at her and tell if she was legal or Illegal either... She had white skin..
    She came here,, never became a citizen. Had a green card all the 50 yrs she was here.She always worked. and paid taxes, SS..
    ect She never voted...

There are folks that come here now that DEMAND care, benifts,, jobs,, and Rights garunteed by the constitution of the United states..... many vote illegally.. many get paid illegally under the table..

I dont believe the country SHOULD pander to them... If they follow laws,, and become a citizen ,, then thats a different story...

I will not allow contrators who do work at my home, to have undocumented workers at my property..
    I ask this question before they start the job.. If I find out different... Well......
    I KNEW IT!! You had a certain regal-ness about you!!!!!
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post

ect She never voted...

The mess really started getting out of hand when Reagan declared Amnesty for appx 10 million illegals. That just opend the flood gates for illegals from Central and South American countries as well as Mexicans. It demonstrated that America was not interested in enforcing its sovernty. From Reagan on, all the Presidents turned a blind eye towards illegal immigration. Bush43 was so open about it that I think it created another tidal wave of illegals!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.