The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Majority........

According to my wife ( a woman)
    thanks Stan for clarifying that your wife is female. We had no clue.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    These days you never know j/k
    Last edited by Susie Royer; 11-08-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    Stan has posted pictures so most of us can assure you she is all woman .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

[QUOTE=road kill;1031476]
    Quote Originally Posted by js View Post

According to my wife ( a woman) the "Democrats marketed to women like they were idiots."
    And apparently it worked.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Yes, I would agree with Marvin. I remember the photo of your lovely bride on RTF and if she is not a woman, she certainly has ME fooled!

I need a little help though with the “poor morals” thing. I have been confused about that for most of my life.

I was born and baptized a Methodist and accepted the things I learned in Sunday School ... “God is Love” rings a bell.

Then I spent most of my childhood in an assortment of boys’ homes and foster homes. The first family were strong in the Church of the Nazarene; strict fundamentalists. Church twice on Sunday, Wednesday night and prayer meetings the rest of the nights. With them I learned that poor morals included smoking, dancing, girls wearing lipstick, and movies. Some other stuff too, I forgot.

Next stop was a boys’ home run by the Quakers. Pretty strict religious teachings again, uppermost was that war is evil and a true man of God will be a “conscientious objector” and refuse to serve his country in war.

Then was a family of Lutherans which seemed pretty mainstream. I went through the Confirmation classes and learned all the quotes and things to say in church. Not much shocking there.

By the time I reached adulthood, I considered myself a spiritual person and thought I knew what it meant to be a “good person” but had pretty much tuned out of organized religion.

Married a Catholic (woman) 34 tears ago and though I have never converted ... something about having been previously married ... I do go to church somewhat regularly with her. I find the Catholics to actually DO the most good toward our fellow man of the religions I have been exposed to. They say it is immoral to use any form of birth control and the abortion issue is a priority that overrides most everything else. Not sure where they stand on molesting little boys but IMO action speaks louder than words.

And while we’re at it, I may as well offend the Mormons. Though most of them claim to have changed their position, there was a long time when it was fine to have a nice “binder” of wives!

Now why am I confused??? All these folks are reading out of the same bible, right? So while I agree with you that “morals are morals”, how in hell am I to decide which ones are “poor morals”.

This is a serious question.

JS
    Last edited by JS; 11-08-2012 at 08:08 PM.
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

We are a republic of states! We are NOT a democracy!

Many of these issues should be left to the individual states..

We should not govern by personal beliefs,, but rather law..

The laws of the individual STATES should be what comes first.. Federal government SHOULD have very limited power...

Ya dont like like that your state is anti abortion,,, or they refuse to purchase my .59 cent condoms,,, then move to another...

Read the first 3 sentences of the Pledge of Allegience,, or what the heck recite the whole thing.. Ya do before every home game... ya ever consider what you are Pledging to??
    or are just waiting for the last sentence so you can yell yer damn fool head off!!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Yes, I would agree with Marvin. I remember the photo of your lovely bride on RTF and if she is not a woman, she certainly has ME fooled!

I need a little help though with the “poor morals” thing. I have been confused about that for most of my life.

I was born and baptized a Methodist and accepted the things I learned in Sunday School ... “God is Love” rings a bell.

Then I spent most of my childhood in an assortment of boys’ homes and foster homes. The first family were strong in the Church of the Nazarene; strict fundamentalists. Church twice on Sunday, Wednesday night and prayer meetings the rest of the nights. With them I learned that poor morals included smoking, dancing, girls wearing lipstick, and movies. Some other stuff too, I forgot.

Next stop was a boys’ home run by the Quakers. Pretty strict religious teachings again, uppermost was that war is evil and a true man of God will be a “conscientious objector” and refuse to serve his country in war.

Then was a family of Lutherans which seemed pretty mainstream. I went through the Confirmation classes and learned all the quotes and things to say in church. Not much shocking there.

By the time I reached adulthood, I considered myself a spiritual person and thought I knew what it meant to be a “good person” but had pretty much tuned out of organized religion.

Married a Catholic (woman) 34 tears ago and though I have never converted ... something about having been previously married ... I do go to church somewhat regularly with her. I find the Catholics to actually DO the most good toward our fellow man of the religions I have been exposed to. They say it is immoral to use any form of birth control and the abortion issue is a priority that overrides most everything else. Not sure where they stand on molesting little boys but IMO action speaks louder than words.

And while we’re at it, I may as well offend the Mormons. Though most of them claim to have changed their position, there was a long time when it was fine to have a nice “binder” of wives!

Now why am I confused??? All these folks are reading out of the same bible, right? So while I agree with you that “morals are morals”, how in hell am I to decide which ones are “poor morals”.

JS
    Only 34? You got it good!

I've always trusted my gut and one doesn't need religion to know the difference between good and bad.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

[QUOTENow why am I confused??? All these folks are reading out of the same bible, right? So while I agree with you that “morals are morals”, how in hell am I to decide which ones are “poor morals][/QUOTE]

Actually no,,,Mormons have the book of mormon and the Catholics have the catholic bible which is way different than the standard one most denominations and non denominations use. As far as morals ,,,most God respecting folks share many of the same. Just goes with the territory.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Pete, The Catholic church was the first Christian church and "their" bible has all the original parts that made up the book. Later Christian groups decided to omit parts that they did not agree should be part of their book.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post

JS
    Pretty good and germane question also.
    In my experience he doesnt like to answer these type of questions

just sayin.....