The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Permanent Majority........

when I see people argue over the semantics of the scriptures and the types of religion, it reminds me of the same type of arguments that retriever people get into arguing over what Rex Carr said or meant , not that RC is a god .....but as my new pastor pointed out to someone recently that wanted to argue scriptures with him, its almost pointless to argue over how someone interprets the Bible (in all its different versions), because you lose sight of the overall picture, and that both parties are usually on the same side arguing over whose interpretation is superior or more accurate
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Pete, sorry you were raised to believe a certain thing and it is difficult for you to see things differently. I have attended several different churches, studied several different types of religions, both Christian and non Christian. I have never been a member of any. I have no religious agenda. I'm as non-denominational as one can get, but I believe in one God and that Jesus is my Messiah.

Terri
    I was raised catholic. And I too no longer have a denomination. For someone non denominational as you ,,,you seem to put a lot of faith in catholosism. which is OK,,,,just the way you came across during our discussion. My whole family is catholic. and I love every one of them like family. ).
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Mr 12:18
    Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,
    Mr 12:19
    Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
    Mr 12:20
    Now there were seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed.
    Mr 12:21
    And the second took her, and died, neither left he any seed: and the third likewise.
    Mr 12:22
    And the seven had her, and left no seed: last of all the woman died also.
    Mr 12:23
    In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.
    Mr 12:24
    And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Here is JC confronting the religious sect ,,,telling them they err not knowing the scriptures.
    I have to posst this now or loose it forever
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

c 17:2
    And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scripture

Paul spent a lot of time in the synagog's reasoning with leaders and their followers. He was not ashamed to talk about the things of God and about interpretations

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    ......Nancy Pelosi's expressed dream has been acheived.
    The "Progressive" movement won the biggest election in my lifetime.
    (Bill Clinton himself calls it the "Progressive" movement)
    There is no turning back now.

Congratulations to the movement.

I will miss the America I grew up in, fought for, beleived in and love!

Good bye to freedom, liberty and independence, relics of the past!!
    I understand that the people have spoken, and I am now in the minority.

I wonder how many that voted for Obama even know his real name?

Welcome the "cradle to grave nanny state."

PEACE!!!

"To be a patriot is to love your country as it is. Those who seem to despise half of America will never be trusted to govern any of it. Those who cherish only the country's past will not be entrusted with its future."

David Frum (former George W. Bush speechwriter)
    May we all grow in wisdom, grace, humility, courage, understanding, respect, experience, and knowledge

Bruce A. Loeffelholz
    Red River Retrievers
    BruceLoe97@aol.com
    (405) 613-9988
    Waterproof Field Trial and AKC Hunt Test Judges Sheets since 1987

I put no faith in Catholicism, since I'm not Catholic. I stated the difference between the Catholic bible and the Protestant bible. Also how at one time the Protestant leader, Martin Luther was Catholic. Thus Christians, Protestant and Catholic, trace back to Jesus. I personally question the wisdom of removing books (scripture), by any man. I often wonder Why God was not more concerned when he created man with the fact that man would interrupt scripture incorrectly. All I can come up with is he was/is more concerned with man freely seeking after him than being over controlling.

Terri

[QUOTE]I put no faith in Catholicism, since I'm not Catholic. I stated the difference between the Catholic bible and the Protestant bible. Also how at one time the Protestant leader, Martin Luther was Catholic. Thus Christians, Protestant and Catholic, trace back to Jesus. I personally question the wisdom of removing books (scripture), by any man. I often wonder Why God was not more concerned when he created man with the fact that man would interrupt scripture incorrectly. All I can come up with is he was/is more concerned with man freely seeking after him than being over controlling.

Just as I would question someone adding books.

2Co 4:13
    We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
    Just wanted to throw this in.
    I am not ashamed to speak about the things of God. And I wasn't arguing and certainly wasn't getting defensive. The word of God has the greatest subjects of all time and people sit in the corner with their mouth shut . Its the" Book of Life" ,,,,,,,, Well isn't it.? So why cover it up.