The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Permanent Majority........

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    we will say a prayer you dont end up like the other 23 million unemployed ( soon to go much higher)
    You seem to be deeply concerned about the unemployment problem in the US.

Thanks for your prayers but if you really want to do something constructive, exercise your freedom of choice next time you buy a car. Consider yourself the "employer" and hire a kid in America to build it for you instead of that kid in Japan who built your Prius.

We ALL are responsible for unemployment. YES, I KNOW ... this is America and it's your right and your own business. You can do what you want and rationalize it any way you want. You can even spend all day on the internet if you choose, wringing your hands along with like-minded folks and preaching doom and gloom.

Or you can choose to do something meaningful.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American, though it may be too little too late now.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

NO thanks I have bought American trucks and cars. My Toyota is made here in the states. When the US can make a car as good as the pruis I might try it again. Until than I will get my 53 mpg.
    Everyone should be concerned about unemployment especially with the passage of obamacare you may have a good job today and be working part time tomorrow or out of work. Ask some of those that are in that situation now, they NEVER thought they would be standing in an unemployment line.

I hope you are saving jobs and dont buy from walmart since 70 % of their products come from china.
    http://www.americanmanufacturing.org...e-goods-part-4
    Last edited by gmhr1; 11-08-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    I have had lots of American cars when they can make a good one I might try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post

We ALL are responsible for unemployment. YES, I KNOW ... this is America and it's your right and your own business. You can do what you want and rationalize it any way you want. You can even spend all day on the internet if you choose, wringing your hands along with like-minded folks and preaching doom and gloom.

status quo

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

I hope obama has grown up the last 4 years instead of the kid that doesn't play well with others ....but I dont see any miracles.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 11-07-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    You seem to be deeply concerned about the unemployment problem in the US.

Thanks for your prayers but if you really want to do something constructive, exercise your freedom of choice next time you buy a car. Consider yourself the "employer" and hire a kid in America to build it for you instead of that kid in Japan who built your Prius.

JS

This is the only attitude that will work. Does anyone realize that automobiles or ball caps CAN be made in the USA? Its only because we are not willing to accept the working conditions, environmental disasters and extreme poverty of China and others, that our business executives move their manufacturing overseas. Its not the government that sent them there, it was their bottom lines.

Its interesting to me that two days ago, the ultra cons here were calling the unemployed folks the enemy and scumbags. Today they might be you or your neighbor and it will be the President's fault.

Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

I own a Toyota truck. Why? Because it were made here in this country. I supported American workers, not a company who is American only in name, but not deed.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    I own a Toyota truck. Why? Because it were made here in this country. I supported American workers, not a company who is American only in name, but not deed.

Terri
    And so my argument is not with you, is it?

JS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    This reminds me of some of the hunters in the marsh.....how so you ask?

They start playing their Duck Kazoos, playing the same silly sounds over and over.
    No ducks come, in fact they shy away, but the kazoos play on!!

OVER and OVER!!!
    Maybe if they would practice with their duck kazoos to sound like a duck they would come and not shy away. Play the right song and they will come to you with reckless abandon.

Banned

I think some people see Toyota being made in the USA not Japan. the problem with that is that the profits go to Japan, not contribute to the USA GDP. On the other hand, the big 3 money stays here in the US. Could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    This is the only attitude that will work. Does anyone realize that automobiles or ball caps CAN be made in the USA? Its only because we are not willing to accept the working conditions, environmental disasters and extreme poverty of China and others, that our business executives move their manufacturing overseas. Its not the government that sent them there, it was their bottom lines.

Its interesting to me that two days ago, the ultra cons here were calling the unemployed folks the enemy and scumbags. Today they might be you or your neighbor and it will be the President's fault.
    I currently work for a MAJOR medical device manufactuer.

As of jan 1,, a 3% tax on SALES and revenue,, not Profit,, will go into effect, to help pay for Obamacare..

This company has manufacturing in Asia.. There prototyping ,,reserch and develpoment MAY move...

Its wait and see right now..

Its all about that tax that can be avoided..

Its directly hurting Jobs where I work.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"