The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Death Of The GOP

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Do you need to have someone explain the difference between the popular vote and the electoral college?
    No, thank you very much for asking, though.

Do you need someone to explain to you how the President of the United States is elected?-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Obama adds to his Electoral College by winning Florida though it was so close a recount would be in order, if Florida were a deciding state as it was in 2000. He also won the popular vote.

President - National Results
    November 07, 2012 - 10:24AM ET
    Precincts Reporting: 97%
    Name Party Votes Vote % Electoral Votes Won States Won
    Obama Dem 59,725,608 50 303 26
    Romney GOP 57,098,650 48 206 24
    Others 1,848,787 2 0 0
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Indiana now has a new GOP Governor and just gained a super majority in the house and senate. Seems the GOP is alive and well in Indiana!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Senior Member RailRoadRetrievers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Though the GOP's ideas may be closer to fixing the economy, it is their Platform and radicalization that did them in.

That's because they've done a great job of excluding the great majority of Americans. Their social agenda is right out of the Stone Age and the shift to the far right isn't anything the American people wanted a part of. The Tea Party, which says they are about Liberty stands for anything but Liberty. The American people identified candidates like Akin, Murdoch, West and a few others as being what today's GOP is all about. Romney, instead of rejecting the radical right, embraced it and that is why Obama won in a landslide.

Romney and Ryan were not the right candidates, period. They had nothing to say and they could not buy the election. Therefore, we are stuck with Obama for the next four years and unless another party emerges, one that better represents the peope, we are doomed to Dems for the future!
    What is so radical that is on our platform? Who do we exclude? If we agreed upon the social aspect, then we would be democrats. We did not win this election based solely upon the fact that these people who voted, want FREE STUFF. End of story. They want free birth control, government funded abortions, gay marriage rights, free room and board, free food, free health care...... Problem is, this crap isn't free and if I morally disagree with this I shouldn't be forced to pay for it. If the liberals want to give to this charity, make it private, and let them give. Maybe the Bruce and Bon Jovi can get together and raise money for these people after they "pay" to help those on the east coast.

It is the responsibility of the church to care for its orphans, widows, and those in need, not the State and damn sure not the federal government....
    Last edited by RailRoadRetrievers; 11-07-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RailRoadRetrievers View Post
    What is so radical that is on our platform? Who do we exclude? Anyone left of Atilla The Hun If we agreed upon the social aspect, then we would be democrats. And, if you don't agree with the Dems on Social Issues then the GOP will continue on the fast track to obscurity by evidence of this last election. The Fed doesn't belong in social issues and should be focused on The Constitution. Our government is in way too deep in folks personal lives and they need to stop!We did not win this election based solely upon the fact that these people who voted, want FREE STUFF. End of story. Not true and you can not sterotype an entire party or their voters. The GOP lost because they are out of touch with the majority of voters, period. Not to mention that they ran a wishy-washy candidate. They want free birth control, government funded abortions, gay marriage rights, free room and board, free food, free health care...... Problem is, this crap isn't free and if I morally disagree with this I shouldn't be forced to pay for it. I don't agree morally with the wars we've been fighting the last 10 years but my tax dollars still help fund it. That is a part of living in a Republic. We don't get to pick a choose where our tax dollars go. If the liberals want to give to this charity, make it private, and let them give. Maybe the Bruce and Bon Jovi can get together and raise money for these people after they "pay" to help those on the east coast.

And, you are certainly free enough to continue to vote your conscience.

It is the responsibility of the church to care for its orphans, widows, and those in need, not the State and damn sure not the federal government....
    My comments in red.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-07-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member RailRoadRetrievers's Avatar

A war is a tad bit different then whether or not you want the government to kill your baby on tax dollars or out of your own pocket.....

Society is entitled now, we owe them everything, for nothing, and you can stereotype an entire party and their voters this way, because it was the platform for which the voted and agreed.

I believe states should decide on a lot of these issues and I believe I reside in a state that aligns with my moral convictions, but that is not the case, this things are determined on the federal level, therefore I will side with the nominee that shares the same moral views and views concerning Israel and the nation financially....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    And yet, by what the dems on this board are saying this morning, one would think that Obama now has an overarching mandate and can do as he pleases. Last I looked (about 3 minutes ago) the popular vote was less than 1.5 percentage points apart. That isn't an overwhelming endorsement in my opinion.
    That's why the electoral college needs to go. Let the popular vote decide who wins. Based on the numbers of popular vote, it could be an entirely different outcome. For those of you that think the apocalypse is upon on us, get over it and move on. Continue doing what you currently do. take care of yourself and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    That's why the electoral college needs to go. Let the popular vote decide who wins. Based on the numbers of popular vote, it could be an entirely different outcome. For those of you that think the apocalypse is upon on us, get over it and move on. Continue doing what you currently do. take care of yourself and be happy.

the electoral college cuts both ways....if it was strictly a popular vote , then all a Pres nominee would need to do is win in Calif and NY and maybe TX or Florida and the rest of the country would be insignificant....I dont like that scenario at all...I want more states to matter in a Presidential election not less...it was bad enough that this election came down to the swing states and many states were ignored
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Two sources confirmed that if you have your own health care policy that you purchase, all rules and regs from obama care will apply to that policy also, dang I sure hope this is false.
    DLM

" Paddle faster, I hear Banjos!"

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Solid advice! Nothing is going to change.

Now, the Myan Apocalypse is something to consider as they were uncanny at predicting events.

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast