The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Death Of The GOP

Bummed out today for sure..

But,, In reality,,, NOTHING has changed...

I guess thats what I am most bummed about..

But,, I do still expect the Republican Congress to remember WHY they were sent their after the last midterm...

NOTHING has changed...

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

As far as Our local elections.

The county I live in was redistricted last year..

The redistricting HEAVILY favored democrats..

The district I have been relocated to,, Is Diana Degettes district..

My Republican vote in that distric is meaningless... That District has been Democrat for ever.. It wont change..

The Judge that approved that redistricting Map,, is on my Sh^% List...

We are really looking at moving.. far away,,,, really far.

Bummed again...

Gooser

I am a 59 Yr old Native of Colorado... I can honestly say I have never been more ashamed to say that I am from here...

This is NOT the Colorado I grew up in...
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 11-07-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the electoral college cuts both ways....if it was strictly a popular vote , then all a Pres nominee would need to do is win in Calif and NY and maybe TX or Florida and the rest of the country would be insignificant....I dont like that scenario at all...I want more states to matter in a Presidential election not less...it was bad enough that this election came down to the swing states and many states were ignored
    One of your fellow Republicans was complaining about the electoral college, saying that the popular vote was more even. It is no wonder the republican led congress can't get anything done. The people of the party don't believe the same things. GEEZ

Banned

Here's the one I was talking about.

"And yet, by what the dems on this board are saying this morning, one would think that Obama now has an overarching mandate and can do as he pleases. Last I looked (about 3 minutes ago) the popular vote was less than 1.5 percentage points apart. That isn't an overwhelming endorsement in my opinion."

And here is another:

One needs to look at the popular vote, which last I looked was almost a tie.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    One of your fellow Republicans was complaining about the electoral college, saying that the popular vote was more even. It is no wonder the republican led congress can't get anything done. The people of the party don't believe the same things. GEEZ
    Two things:

1. I was not complaining about the electoral college, nor was I just saying that the popular vote was more even. It is a FACT that the electoral results give a somewhat skewed impression of the actual outcome. Looking at the electoral college outcome, one might be lead to believe that Obama was backed by a nearly overwhelming majority of the voters of the US, when he actually had the backing of a razor thin majority, (even Ohio was nearly tied in the popular vote) not exactly indicating that the country as a whole wants a "FUNDAMENTAL" change. If you were to think of it as a tug of war where one team weighs a collective 1000lbs, then the other team weighs about 986lbs and if the 1000lb team tries to take advantage of the 986lb team they may throw down the rope and pick up rocks.

2. As to me being Republican, although I do vote rep more often than other parties, I consider myself independent and have often cast votes for various libertarian candidates. Clearly my stance on reproductive rights, gay marriage, the environment, and drugs is nothing like what the republican platform espouses. You need to read what I have written more carefully.
    Last edited by HPL; 11-07-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post

let me ask this, Is the electoral college a representation of how each state voted, of course not...with the exception of Nebraska and one other state( which escapes me at this time) its winner take all...its the same way with the primary vote, I would rather see a proportional split of delegates based on the overall votes....the way it is now win by one vote or one million and you get the same number of delegates

I would also change the primary process...I dont want states like Iowa and SCarolina (no offense to either) determining who is in or out before I even get a chance to listen to them...do away with the caucus process,its old, archaic and non binding...my solution would be to have primaries done in regions
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Bummed out today for sure..

But,, In reality,,, NOTHING has changed...

I guess thats what I am most bummed about..

But,, I do still expect the Republican Congress to remember WHY they were sent their after the last midterm...

NOTHING has changed...

Gooser
    I agree nothing has changed. I do believe that change will only come due to civil unrest. If the house will give President Obama what he wants then we will have economic collapse in whitch we will indeed have civil unrest and therfore change will be inevitable. I still believe people must be responsible for thier actions, and the actions of the majority in this country is disturbing. They do not either believe in liberty or do not know what it means, i do not have the answer for that one. I do however believe that all citzens should carry a firearm in so that Darwins theory can be proven.
    Home To

HRCH Bluesky's Rollin Thunder MH
    Bluesky's Hot Bunn's Ellie
    SHR Saddiehawkins of Summer Bird 1998-2011
    SHR Bluesky's Some like em Hot 2009-2010 Left too soon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Two things:

1. I was not complaining about the electoral college, nor was I just saying that the popular vote was more even. It is a FACT that the electoral results give a somewhat skewed impression of the actual outcome. Looking at the electoral college outcome, one might be lead to believe that Obama was backed by a nearly overwhelming majority of the voters of the US, when he actually had the backing of a razor thin majority, (even Ohio was nearly tied in the popular vote) not exactly indicating that the country as a whole wants a "FUNDAMENTAL" change. If you were to think of it as a tug of war where one team weighs a collective 1000lbs, then the other team weighs about 986lbs and if the 1000lb team tries to take advantage of the 98lb team they may throw down the rope and pick up rocks.

2. As to me being Republican, although I do vote rep more often than other parties, I consider myself independent and have often cast votes for various libertarian candidates. Clearly my stance on reproductive rights, gay marriage, the environment, and drugs is nothing like what the republican platform espouses. You need to read what I have written more carefully.
    I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Ding, ding, ding. But fortunately, the true believers on the right will instead blame the media, blame the unions, blame stupid lazy Americans that just want a government hand out, and blame Acorn, oh wait can't that do that anymore. Yes, folks in the echo chamber, keep believing that it was not a decisive victory and that these are the reasons for the loss as you prepare for the next election in two years.

Romney did not win any of his three home states. Ryan's Wisconsin was lost. Numerous Senate seats were lost due to tea party derived candidates again. Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Colorado,New Hampshire and likely Florida all lost.

The stage was set for Republicans to lose this election in the presidential primary debates when they were all trying to out right-wing each other (which the echo chamber loved) and the last act of past few weeks including 180 degree reversals on numerous issues and out right lies about things like moving jobs to China secured the loss. Mission accomplished.
    Ah c'mon Henry....... the Republicans won most of the confederacy and they had a great message for old white rich guys! They are moving forward, they used to be the anti abortion party and have moved forward to be the anti birth control party. I think the strategy was/is sound they was just robbed, again.
    May we all grow in wisdom, grace, humility, courage, understanding, respect, experience, and knowledge

Bruce A. Loeffelholz
    Red River Retrievers
    BruceLoe97@aol.com
    (405) 613-9988
    Waterproof Field Trial and AKC Hunt Test Judges Sheets since 1987