The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the Repulicans lost the election

Quote Originally Posted by Duckquilizer View Post
    I have never understood this either. Must be a religious thing. I am a Christian, but a sensible one.
    How much of one is for you to determine..

Seperation of church and state only means the state doesn't tell the church what to do. The "state" was founded on Christian principles and is to follow the will of the people. This is our whole problem, everyone has determined the opposite.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was our most influential Founding Father, Thomas Jefferson who wrote about the importance of the seperation of Chruch from State. It was penned in a letter to the Danberry Baptist Chruch regarding that there be no state sponsored church. An it means that the chruch does not tell the state. Because there is no state sponsored chruch! Jefferson was a Diest in belief, a child of the Enlightenment. Also, consider that in Jefferson's Bible, he makes no reference to God. What he does discuss in his bible is the importsnce of the teachings of the Rabbi Jesus as a foundation for freedom. However, Jefferson does NOt recognize Jesus as a son of a god, therefore Jefferson was not a Christian.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-08-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

I can read Wiki too...by the way he wasn't the only framer...

Of the 55 delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention, 49 were Protestants, and two were Roman Catholics (D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons). Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Church of England (or Episcopalian, after the American Revolutionary War was won), eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists.

A few prominent Founding Fathers were anti-clerical Christians, such as Thomas Jefferson[18][19][20] (who created the so-called "Jefferson Bible") and Benjamin Franklin.[21] Others (most notably Thomas Paine) were deists, or at least held beliefs very similar to those of deists.[22]

Historian Gregg L. Frazer argues that the leading Founders (Adams, Jefferson, Franklin, Wilson, Morris, Madison, Hamilton, and Washington) were neither Christians nor Deists, but rather supporters of a hybrid "theistic rationalism".[23
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckquilizer View Post
    I can read Wiki too...by the way he wasn't the only framer...

Of the 55 delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention, 49 were Protestants, and two were Roman Catholics (D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons). Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Church of England (or Episcopalian, after the American Revolutionary War was won), eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists.

A few prominent Founding Fathers were anti-clerical Christians, such as Thomas Jefferson[18][19][20] (who created the so-called "Jefferson Bible") and Benjamin Franklin.[21] Others (most notably Thomas Paine) were deists, or at least held beliefs very similar to those of deists.[22]

Historian Gregg L. Frazer argues that the leading Founders (Adams, Jefferson, Franklin, Wilson, Morris, Madison, Hamilton, and Washington) were neither Christians nor Deists, but rather supporters of a hybrid "theistic rationalism".[23
    I never said he had anything to do with The Constitution. He was in France when it was being framed. He did however singlehandidly write the Declaration Of Independence.

There is nothing in The Constitution declaring a state sponsored chruch.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    This pretty much sums up the premise of your title. Republicans lost because they let the dims define them. The idea that even a republican like yourself thinks that this was Romneys stance on birth control is kind of sad. Just because the Catholics didn't want to pay for birth control didn't mean anyone in the Romney camp wanted to take it away.
    I, obviously, disagree. Romney more than once said he wants to get rid of Planned Parenthood. He took money from the Catholics. The Republican Party continually tries to reduce funding for birth control, favoring an abstinence stance, and repealing Roe V. Wade, are anti-abortion, are Pro-life.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ed-parenthood/
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member RailRoadRetrievers's Avatar

It has nothing to do with social issues, abortion, gay rights, government spending on birth control has absolutely nothing to do with the election. The Americans voted in some strong, strong conservatives, Cruz for example. They still have the values, its just the people overall bought into Obama's Free Stuff and that's what won. Social issues have nothing to do with this at all.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    so Franco and I are like brothers????? Le Habs Canadians!
    We too are free thinkers. Where dogma and fear do NOT dictate how we live!

If the 3 million registered Repub's would have voted this may have had a different outcome.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    I, obviously, disagree. Romney more than once said he wants to get rid of Planned Parenthood. He took money from the Catholics. The Republican Party continually tries to reduce funding for birth control, favoring an abstinence stance, and repealing Roe V. Wade, are anti-abortion, are Pro-life.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ed-parenthood/
    Wow, you really fell for it. Saying that cutting PUBLIC funding to PP is wanting to eliminate birth control is like saying cutting funding to PBS is wanting to eliminate television.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

People hear what they want to hear for the most part.
    Bill Davis

http://mormon.org/faq/church-position-on-abortion

During the debate this was in fact Romney's position on abortion. This is fine for Romney and would also be my personal view on the matter,,,but I could not hold you and your wife to my standards especially when the bible may actually teach something different.

Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 11-08-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus