The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 97

Thread: Why the Repulicans lost the election

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,872

    Default

    http://www.mittromney.com/blogs/mitt...ro-life-pledge

    I can't believe I took the time to find this for you. Match what his web site says with what the mormon faith says. However I do agree we should not devote one red cent to it.
    Your welcome
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 11-08-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

  2. #62
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RailRoadRetrievers View Post
    Does anyone really think that if the Republicans compromised their view, agreed with gay marriage, took a stance of pro-choice, and smoking weed, that they would be in the White House now?
    Yes, if framed correctly. They could still say that they don't feel that gay marriage is moral, but that it is also no place for the government to be involved. The pro-choice stance is NOT pro abortion but is clearly the smart position, and I don't think that using any substance that affects one's judgement is smart, but I'm sure that all you beer drinkers (who contribute in large numbers to the carnage on our nations highways) don't feel that that is any of the govt's business if you want to knock back more than a few beers. You want the right to marry any member of the opposite gender you want as many times as you want, but would deny a similar right to many others just because you think their choice is a sin. Well, the Catholics think that serial marriage is a sin (as do I although I wouldn't use the word sin), but if the govt decreed that the only way you could remarry was if your spouse died, you would scream bloody murder (and I suspect that the actual murder rate would go up).

    A true conservative (which is what the republicans are SUPPOSED to represent) wants the govt to take care of the business that is rightly relegated to govt, and STAY out of all else.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  3. #63
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckquilizer View Post
    What if a woman kills her 3 month old? Just curious how that plays in. Is that between a woman, her family, and her own conscience too?
    1. Depends on the circumstances.

    2. You're just being silly
    Last edited by HPL; 11-08-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  4. #64
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,982

    Default

    [QUOTE=HPL;1031359]Yes, if framed correctly. They could still say that they don't feel that gay marriage is moral, but that it is also no place for the government to be involved. The pro-choice stance is NOT pro abortion but is clearly the smart position, and I don't think that using any substance that affects one's judgement is smart, but I'm sure that all you beer drinkers (who contribute in large numbers to the carnage on our nations highways) don't feel that that is any of the govt's business if you want to knock back more than a few beers. You want the right to marry any member of the opposite gender you want as many times as you want, but would deny a similar right to many others just because you think their choice is a sin. Well, the Catholics think that serial marriage is a sin (as do I although I wouldn't use the word sin), but if the govt decreed that the only way you could remarry was if your spouse died, you would scream bloody murder (and I suspect that the actual murder rate would go up).

    A true conservative (which is what the republicans are SUPPOSED to represent) wants the govt to take care of the business that is rightly relegated to govt, and STAY out of all else.[/QUOTE]

    Very true but unacceptable by today's Conservatives! The above is now at the core of the Libertarian Party and as someone as open-minded as you should consider a return to it.


    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



  5. #65
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    [QUOTE=Franco;1031367]
    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Yes, if framed correctly. They could still say that they don't feel that gay marriage is moral, but that it is also no place for the government to be involved. The pro-choice stance is NOT pro abortion but is clearly the smart position, and I don't think that using any substance that affects one's judgement is smart, but I'm sure that all you beer drinkers (who contribute in large numbers to the carnage on our nations highways) don't feel that that is any of the govt's business if you want to knock back more than a few beers. You want the right to marry any member of the opposite gender you want as many times as you want, but would deny a similar right to many others just because you think their choice is a sin. Well, the Catholics think that serial marriage is a sin (as do I although I wouldn't use the word sin), but if the govt decreed that the only way you could remarry was if your spouse died, you would scream bloody murder (and I suspect that the actual murder rate would go up).

    A true conservative (which is what the republicans are SUPPOSED to represent) wants the govt to take care of the business that is rightly relegated to govt, and STAY out of all else.[/QUOTE]

    Very true but unacceptable by today's Conservatives! The above is now at the core of the Libertarian Party and as someone as open-minded as you should consider a return to it.


    Whereas the libertarian party might be a pretty good fit for me, (and I voted for several libertarians this time), I am also a pragmatist and felt that since Romney seemed to have a chance to unseat Obama (which was my primary goal this time) I voted Rep for pres.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  6. #66
    Senior Member LokiMeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Stoughton, WI
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Wow, you really fell for it. Saying that cutting PUBLIC funding to PP is wanting to eliminate birth control is like saying cutting funding to PBS is wanting to eliminate television.
    Yep, I guess you are correct.
    Kevin Entwistle

    WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010


    "That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

    "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

  7. #67
    Senior Member RailRoadRetrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sanger, TX
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Honestly HPL, I disagree because the fact remains, it's not a state level issue therefore the party I support will openly stand against moral social issues. Until it becomes state level I will openly endorse those who carry my values. Pro-Choice is simply murder of the one person who deserves the choice. Sanctity of marriage. By standing down and compromising your view, then you are supporting it.

    The point is this, if you think social issues lost the election, you are wrong. If republicans took the side of the democrats concerning these issues they still wouldn't get the vote because the democrats don't care what we support, they could find a transgendered black lesbian pot smoking abortion doctor to endorse their party and the democrats would call them a puppet or an Uncle Tom. The Republicans would lose credibility and integrity. Changing their stance will change nothing.

    It's the fact that everyone overlooked where we are and are going, Boeing held off on a large layoff until after the election, so the unemployed number will rise, the economy still sucks, gas prices are sky high, insurance will be forced down our throats, and Obama wants us to be morally, socially, and economically like Europe.

  8. #68
    Senior Member LokiMeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Stoughton, WI
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    http://www.mittromney.com/blogs/mitt...ro-life-pledge

    I can't believe I took the time to find this for you. Match what his web site says with what the mormon faith says. However I do agree we should not devote one red cent to it.
    Your welcome
    Pete
    Looks pretty similar.
    Kevin Entwistle

    WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010


    "That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

    "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wetumka, OK
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RailRoadRetrievers View Post
    Honestly HPL, I disagree because the fact remains, it's not a state level issue therefore the party I support will openly stand against moral social issues. Until it becomes state level I will openly endorse those who carry my values. Pro-Choice is simply murder of the one person who deserves the choice. Sanctity of marriage. By standing down and compromising your view, then you are supporting it.

    The point is this, if you think social issues lost the election, you are wrong. If republicans took the side of the democrats concerning these issues they still wouldn't get the vote because the democrats don't care what we support, they could find a transgendered black lesbian pot smoking abortion doctor to endorse their party and the democrats would call them a puppet or an Uncle Tom. The Republicans would lose credibility and integrity. Changing their stance will change nothing.

    It's the fact that everyone overlooked where we are and are going, Boeing held off on a large layoff until after the election, so the unemployed number will rise, the economy still sucks, gas prices are sky high, insurance will be forced down our throats, and Obama wants us to be morally, socially, and economically like Europe.
    and why did folks over look these things? because they want their social issues.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

  10. #70
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,982

    Default

    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •