The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Why the Repulicans lost the election

Senior Member RailRoadRetrievers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Just curious. By what standard would you guys define the level of "useful" education? Whenever I see the word "spew" in these posts, I find a lack of critical thinking and limited reasoning skills. Read more. Increase your vocabulary. Check your news sources. Then, debate away and be part of the solution!
    I don't get what your saying

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Gee do you think Mass is # 1 because it has Harvard and MIT, and Conn is # 4 because of Yale, New Jersey has Princeton, NH has Dartmouth,NY has Columbia and Cornell

kinda skews that list just a bit doesnt it
    ding ding ding!! winner!!! lol

This graphic measures education by degrees earned in secondary institutions. It doesn't mean they're any smarter (or earn more money) than those of us with life-given educations.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Last edited by Henry V; 11-09-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: misspelled word, new graphic added

The color of the states is somehow related to some form of spending but it doesn't really explain that part of the graphic.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Cool

Awesome, Henry!!! Thank you for that graphic.

I think I may be able to use it over in the "Unions" thread! When I get some time, I will look for a correlation between the most tax producing states and number of union members. (I'm excited )

If it doesn't turn out like I hope, I prolly won't post it.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post

Republicans lost because they let the dims define them.

That is funny! The Democrats did no such thing. Mitt Romney defined himself throughout the Republican primary. Then reinforced it in the first presidential debate when he ran roughshod over a sleeping Obama.

The next day, while you guys were cheering and counting your votes, the undecided, middle-of-the-road voters were saying, "WTF ... either this guy is a Romney imposter or he's lying through his teeth". Get over it.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    That is funny! The Democrats did no such thing. Mitt Romney defined himself throughout the Republican primary. Then reinforced it in the first presidential debate when he ran roughshod over a sleeping Obama.

The next day, while you guys were cheering and counting your votes, the undecided, middle-of-the-road voters were saying, "WTF ... either this guy is a Romney imposter or he's lying through his teeth". Get over it.

JS
    I love revisionist history. That is not actually what either the polls or the focus groups showed.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Awesome, Henry!!! Thank you for that graphic.

I think I may be able to use it over in the "Unions" thread! When I get some time, I will look for a correlation between the most tax producing states and number of union members. (I'm excited )

If it doesn't turn out like I hope, I prolly won't post it.

JS
    I look forward to the posting - hopefully you will be able to do some correlation regarding my original guesstimate of union membership by state. Remember, withholding information available is a form of lying, & I just believe you are above that . It will make a very good baseline for my next foray onto the union thread .

Not to hurt any feelings but, I find it interesting when someone who lives in a RTW state, with little or no understanding of the situation a uneven playing field brings, espouses anything on the subject. Where we live the unions have inserted themselves into the fabric of government to the point of diminishing returns? I will post more on that subject & my opinion on what that does after your posting on the union thread .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Becasue they believed their on BS that the minorities would not get out and vote like they did in 2008. However, their underlying canidate offered a bad plan that catered to the well to do. Your base mostly white males (lot of them but not enough) would have voted for Micky Mouse if he had been a republican. Most most importantly, the republicans thought they could do it without women support...bad mistake.

When you were arguing the birth control issue this summer and was agreeing with Rush, I told you you lost then. Then you got more stupid embracing Akin and then endorsing Murdock.

This is why you lost. This country is a melting pot of all kinds of folks and they have their rights too. I like my guns and hunting and fishing, but others don't feel the same, and I realize that. So we compromise and work together or you can be like the republicans...their way or the highway. How did that work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    The color of the states is somehow related to some form of spending but it doesn't really explain that part of the graphic.
    The blue states have a ratio of federal taxes received versus federal taxes contributed of 1 or less. They contribute more federal tax dollars than they provide in taxes.

The red states have a ratio of federal tax dollars received versus federal taxes contributed of greater than 1. They take more federal money than they provide in taxes.

The states most dependent on federal government spending are the red states relative to how much they contribute. This is a 2008 based map but this has been the case for many years and likely has not changed. Over the years, some blue states like like California and New York have sent many billions more dollars to the federal coffers than they have ever received in return.

The federal budget could be balanced by just restricting the spending of federal dollars in these states that get more than they pay in (after adjusting for military spending in some way). A fair and balanced approach that would empower the states to help balance the federal budget.