The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Much For The Stock Market

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    This is where he lost all credibility in my mind:

As long as we are in a liquidity trap, we won't see runaway inflation. They have been predicting this for 3 1/2 years now...
    So as there is no growth there will be no runaway inflation. I agree. I would still like to see growth though.
    Home To

HRCH Bluesky's Rollin Thunder MH
    Bluesky's Hot Bunn's Ellie
    SHR Saddiehawkins of Summer Bird 1998-2011
    SHR Bluesky's Some like em Hot 2009-2010 Left too soon

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Thompson1 View Post
    So as there is no growth there will be no runaway inflation. I agree. I would still like to see growth though.

Me too...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    What you like the gov taking your money.
    No but I'm not asking for a free ride. Someone has to pay and as long as the only time I have to pay is when I make money I think it is fair

This is a knee jerk reaction. It would have bumped up had Romney been elected then would have settled back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Newsmax, Dick Morris' voice of doom and gloom! Fear is how he gets people to read his rag.

You have really become an inspiration. First you are quoting to us from some gobbledygook scripture...and now you are attributing a story about some Democrat investors activities to Dick Morris??? His name is nowhere to be found in that story...but then who among us has the power to read between the lines like the great Franco. All we need to do is follow his book on football to find such an omniscient talent as he.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Dow futures are down 40 this morning. It seems clear investor confidence is shaken! We are looking at a 4% increase in capital gains tax to fund healthcare. It seems clear another 5% will be added by the first of the year. At least in the short term, there are very few investments that can come close to returning 9% in this business environment. A sell off is imminent. With no expectations of retirement, I will ride out the next few years. However my % of cash is much higher than normal. Not into gold yet but that investment looks better all the time.

Companies have billions of dollars in cash. Much of it held overseas to avoid our corporate tax system. If money is brought back it will be taxed at the corporate rate, then if issued to shareholders as a dividend, it will be taxed again. No incentive whatsoever to put it to work in the United States.

Small businesses are faced with healthcare legislation they do not understand. Hard to plan for the game if you don't understand the rules. Hiring is on hold or on a part time as needed basis.

I don't have solutions but feel I have defined some of the problems.
    Mark Land

The solution is simple. Quit spending more money than you take in. But that will never, ever happen. In 4 years, our debt will be north of $20 trillion... if we don't implode beforehand.

The idea that the economy has/will improve with deficit spending and our massive, massive debt is laughable. What the keynesians are doing is simply economic sodomy, and they're doing one hell of a job.

We live in Cuba now.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    The solution is simple. Quit spending more money than you take in. But that will never, ever happen. In 4 years, our debt will be north of $20 trillion... if we don't implode beforehand.

The idea that the economy has/will improve with deficit spending and our massive, massive debt is laughable. What the keynesians are doing is simply economic sodomy, and they're doing one hell of a job.

We live in Cuba now.
    I couldn't agree more. That's why it is so hard to understand why anyone would have supported Obama or Romney as both wanted to continue with deficit spending!

Only one Presidential candidate wanted to cut the budget by 43% and he wasn't a Dem or a Repub.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    No but I'm not asking for a free ride. Someone has to pay and as long as the only time I have to pay is when I make money I think it is fair
    So you think its fair to give money to gov and have them turn around and give to the ones that dont want to earn it. Now i would like to see my money spent alot better than that. Maybe trying to keep our country safe would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I couldn't agree more. That's why it is so hard to understand why anyone would have supported Obama or Romney as both wanted to continue with deficit spending!

Only one Presidential candidate wanted to cut the budget by 43% and he wasn't a Dem or a Repub.

And just tells us from your all-knowing perch...just what the hayel are you doing besides flapping your gums and whining. Are you in the process of forming that party that will cut the budget? Are you developing a plan to enhance the possibilities of gathering more votes for that forgotten candidate. Or, for that matter, does your candidate even have anyone in Congress that would vote for his and your views? Or should we just expect you to constantly bring up your sour-grapes platform of do-nothing-politics.

It takes more than a "want-to", or someone saying what they 'would' do...hellsbells we have a plethora of them. As we do with the gullible fools that can be herded into becoming the sheeple of this country...no apparent knowledge of getting sheared...and thinking they will be taken care of forever. You can continue to be critical of all, but most of us just wonder when your whining will stop?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.