The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So Much For The Stock Market

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Talk about a complete free fall. This ship is sinking faster than The Titanic backing up & ramming the iceberg again. Oh wait. That Just Happened!!!!
    Geez, why didn't someone tell me the stock market was an economic indicator. I had no idea anyone was interested in that! I heard nothing about it throughout the campaigns.

Let's see; maybe we coulda' used this:

http://ycharts.com/indicators/dow_jo...Date=&endDate=

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Geez, why didn't someone tell me the stock market was an economic indicator. I had no idea anyone was interested in that! I heard nothing about it throughout the campaigns.

Let's see; maybe we coulda' used this:

http://ycharts.com/indicators/dow_jo...Date=&endDate=

JS
    It's even better if you can find one of the DJ since it's inception - recognizing that the stocks are not one & the same - guess when you start doing bad as a company no one wants you around anymore. It's sorta like the constitution, change it to suit your needs. BUT, it is a good indicator of where the country is going & where it has been including all the bubbles. & is the only place to be with a percentage of your portfolio to combat inflation which is ever present, it's just the degree that changes .

Ken Fisher is a columnist on Forbes - follow his recommendation for a while & see if you think he is knowledgeable - we looked at one time of placing a portion of our portfolio under his under his management, when the analysis was done the boss said I needed to keep doing that job . When those folks manage your money they have to make 2% more to be even with us amateurs, that's why I am my own broker . The internet is wonderful. As a DIY, I think it makes me more conscious of what is going on in the country & the world. As those events can affect returns!!
    Last edited by Marvin S; 11-09-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!