The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The New Republican Party

Abortion isn't just a "religious right" issue. You certainly don't have to be a zealot to believe that an unborn baby is still a life.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Abortion isn't just a "religious right" issue. You certainly don't have to be a zealot to believe that an unborn baby is still a life.
    Russ , I agree with you but I am convinced that many of these moral issues should be left up to each state

1.if you want same sex marriage, move to Mass

2. if you want to smoke pot legally , move to Colorado

3. if you want to have an abortion, go to Mexico and take your chances

in most cases many of us live in certain states because what that state has to offer,politically,socially and economically...we have also left certain states because of the change in demographics or one of the above factors...My point being with the exception of abortion, I dont want some politician in Mass. determining what I can do in my home state
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Only the religious right think that a fetus is a life. And, it was the single biggest issue that drove women away from voting Romney.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Abortion is a total non-issue to me, but I have said many times before on here that I think that there are way too many people in the world anyway and I don't really see what is so special about human life. That being said, I think abortion is a pretty bad form of birth control and contraception is much more economical, but many of the folks against abortion are also against contraception, so I tend to mostly ignore them whenever possible. (Was really pissed when Texas recently cut off funds for Planned Parenthood and to make matters gloated about it)

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Only the religious right think that a fetus is a life. And, it was the single biggest issue that drove women away from voting Romney.
    I don't really agree here either. I can see that argument without any religious feelings at all, but in my case, just don't really care.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I believe abortion should be between the mother of the child and God. I however do not want to pay for the mothers actions. This person like all others should take responsibility for thier actions.

I am for a third party and even a fourth. I am also for negating the electorial college and would prefer the total popular vote. Tooo much coruption in our proccess now. Until the people of this country start paying for thier mistakes nothing will change.
    Home To

HRCH Bluesky's Rollin Thunder MH
    Bluesky's Hot Bunn's Ellie
    SHR Saddiehawkins of Summer Bird 1998-2011
    SHR Bluesky's Some like em Hot 2009-2010 Left too soon

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Abortion is a total non-issue to me, but I have said many times before on here that I think that there are way too many people in the world anyway and I don't really see what is so special about human life. That being said, I think abortion is a pretty bad form of birth control and contraception is much more economical, but many of the folks against abortion are also against contraception, so I tend to mostly ignore them whenever possible. (Was really pissed when Texas recently cut off funds for Planned Parenthood and to make matters gloated about it)

I don't really agree here either. I can see that argument without any religious feelings at all, but in my case, just don't really care.
    Interesting.
    so we should just legalize murder? kill any one we wish? if not at what age does it become murder?
    Marty Lee
    HRCH Daisey's Rambunctious Rascal "Rambo"
    Co-Owner HRCH Summers Gusty Breeze "Gussie"