The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Dog Takes Blue

Default Yellow Dog Takes Blue

It's about the economy stupid.....no it is about respect!

The reason Romney lost is that republicans across this country lost respect for their fellowman. You can't bash a government worker calling them waste. You can't tell low income earners that they don't matter. But most of all, you can't try to take blacks and women back in time and forget the oppression they fault so hard to overcome.

We are all in this together and God taught me long time ago to love my brother. Republicans have forgotten that.

Even if I had agreed with the economic position of the republicans I would have voted for Obama because I care about people and will never think I'm better than any person.

I need that electrician making sure I have power in my home, I need that teacher educating my child, I need that truck driver delivering me goods, I need that farmer growing me food, I need that roughneck getting gasoline to my car, I need that mailman delivering my mail, I need everybody, and they me.

I ask you to step back and not look at this politically but as a person and think about how you sound to folks. If you do this, I'm sure you want like what you see.

Hopefully the country will grow from this and be stronger and better.

When I was a little boy, I spent a Thanksgiving week with my Grandfather on his farm in central MO (Meta the nearest town if you know it),.
    He lived modestly by some standards, but he was wealthy beyond belief.
    He respected others and was respected.

His neighbor was leaving to visit family for the holiday.
    My Grandfather owed this man roughly $1.50.
    He hitched up a wagon to his 2 mules and we rode a couple hours to pay Johnny Ricker his money.
    It was very important to my Grandfather, as he always taught me to never be beholding.
    Plus he wanted Johnny to have his money.
    To him, a Nazarene Minister, debt was all but a sin.
    To him, if you owed, you were owned.

16 Trillion in debt and growing, and you tell me I have no respect?

1 of the 2 of you is seriously mistaken.

I'm siding with Loyd, my Grand father.
    Stan b & Elvis

Sounds like your grandfather was a just man.

We live in a very diverse country that much strength comes from. But differences arise when folks are from different backgrounds. Religion is how they got us to work together years ago. Now with the many different religions and ideologies we clash. What is needed is tolorance. If you take a minute to listen to folks you find common ground. I did not get this until I worked in NYC. Government is not alone in its indulgence, we were guzzuling right along with them and boom the ball falls and we look around and relize the mess we are in. No one want to take the blame so when this easy target comes along "Obama" we blame him. This mess was not made by him but we don't want to own up to our mistakes so we blame him. We need to start think about our neighbors and help each other and quit judging based on the spin of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    It's about the economy stupid.....no it is about respect!

The reason Romney lost is that republicans across this country lost respect for their fellowman. You can't bash a government worker calling them waste. You can't tell low income earners that they don't matter. But most of all, you can't try to take blacks and women back in time and forget the oppression they fault so hard to overcome.

We are all in this together and God taught me long time ago to love my brother. Republicans have forgotten that.

Even if I had agreed with the economic position of the republicans I would have voted for Obama because I care about people and will never think I'm better than any person.

I need that electrician making sure I have power in my home, I need that teacher educating my child, I need that truck driver delivering me goods, I need that farmer growing me food, I need that roughneck getting gasoline to my car, I need that mailman delivering my mail, I need everybody, and they me.

I ask you to step back and not look at this politically but as a person and think about how you sound to folks. If you do this, I'm sure you want like what you see.

Hopefully the country will grow from this and be stronger and better.
    Boy now is not nice to thy fellow man/woman. You should step back and here how you sound

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    Boy now is not nice to thy fellow man/woman. You should step back and here how you sound
    That was a quote of Carvel that the republicans used all through the election.

My point is it did not come down to the economy...he lost because the party position has been to disrespect people to win votes.

Something looks like it would benefit republicans...the spin machine smears you.

Sounds like your grandfather was a just man.

We live in a very diverse country that much strength comes from. But differences arise when folks are from different backgrounds. Religion is how they got us to work together years ago. Now with the many different religions and ideologies we clash. What is needed is tolorance. If you take a minute to listen to folks you find common ground. I did not get this until I worked in NYC. Government is not alone in its indulgence, we were guzzuling right along with them and boom the ball falls and we look around and relize the mess we are in. No one want to take the blame so when this easy target comes along "Obama" we blame him. This mess was not made by him but we don't want to own up to our mistakes so we blame him. We need to start think about our neighbors and help each other and quit judging based on the spin of the day.
    But he is the one that keeps making it grow. So yes he did exactly what he wanted get as many people dependent on the GOV. so he can get relected. Now he can continue to jam stuff down the american people throats with out care about who he hurts.
    Well if we ever get to the bottom of lybia i feel hes got alot of blood on his hands

. Government is not alone in its indulgence, we were guzzuling right along with them and boom the ball falls and we look around and relize the mess we are in. No one want to take the blame so when this easy target comes along "Obama" we blame him. This mess was not made by him but we don't want to own up to our mistakes so we blame him. We need to start think about our neighbors and help each other and quit judging based on the spin of the day.
    I remember the year Obama took office. What a frickin mess to start .The overzealous banks that lent money to folks so they could buy wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond their means,and to the folks that had to have what the Jones had,the credit card companies that cashed in.
    Remember the guy that is now in jail for scamming sooooooooooo many folks out of money?
    What a trickle down effect. Gas prices, housing, lending,the 3 big vehicle makers,
    Good grief does anyone remember that?
    My boarding business took a real hit. No-body traveled that summer, if they did it was local and they took "Fido" along with them.
    If Obama is guilty of anything it was for telling folks that he could fix everything in 4 yrs.!!!!!!!
    When it took how many yrs. of gluttenery to accumulate it.
    Do I have all the answers heck no BUT I sure as heck didn't vote for another Rep. in office. Had enough of the Bushes to last me a lifetime.
    "That's all I got to say about that ".
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

That was a quote of Carvel that the republicans used all through the election.

My point is it did not come down to the economy...he lost because the party position has been to disrespect people to win votes.

Something looks like it would benefit republicans...the spin machine smears you.
    I feel you are wrong Obama got so many dependent on the gov. That why would you bite the hand that feed you.

WOW Memom. I shall pray for you. I do not think the the reason Mitt lost is disrespect of his fellow americans. I on the other hand do not have respect for those that gain a system proposed to help those that need help at times in thier life of great strife. Instead they use the system to avoid bieng responsible for themselves and insuring loss of respect for themselves. In doing so putting unjust financial burdens on thier fellow americans. This talk of collectiveism you so proudly proclaim that we are all in this together makes no sense to me. I am responsible for my actions just as you are. So respect for my fellow man is EARNED, not just given. I do not believe in the collective group theoligy for I wish not to be responsible for someone elses sins or debt. I believe in my god given rights, not my goverment given rights. Mitt lost because we are a nation lost, asking for a goverment of men to guide us through life and provide for us. This is a sure way to be servants to those that we ask to take care of us, and that we are not responsible for our own actions and lives. I prefer not to be a servant to the goverment, I wish to be an individual free to choose my path in life. We are a nation of laws to ensure that we are free from opreation, but if we give up our right to be free for the luxary of bieng taken care of by others, we are a nation truly lost.
    Home To

HRCH Bluesky's Rollin Thunder MH
    Bluesky's Hot Bunn's Ellie
    SHR Saddiehawkins of Summer Bird 1998-2011
    SHR Bluesky's Some like em Hot 2009-2010 Left too soon

It's gonna be awfully hard to blame everything on Bush this time around.