The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: Why Romney Lost the Election

  1. #1
    Senior Member RJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    452

    Default Why Romney Lost the Election

    This is an interesting article (IMO).

    http://t.news.msn.com/politics/why-mitt-romney-lost
    Randall

    HRCH Truline's Cleopatra MH (Cleo)

    Prime Time Rising Star MH ***(Emmy)
    Wyco's Lena-Linda con Besos SH (Lena)
    HRCH Surry's Smoking Gun SH (Sage) RIP

    Licking Run's Blackberry Jam MH (Berry) RIP

  2. #2
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,844

    Default

    Good article. The Repub Primary debates were a joke and did scare a lot of people away. And yes, the Repub Party has moved far to the right. Probably why 80% of the Latinos and the majority of women voted for Obama.
    "Well, when I went off to college, the guys I used to hang with were pumping gas and voting Democrat. Today they're still pumping gas and voting Democrat. Guess the Democrats didn't do much for them." Charles Barkley

  3. #3
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Good article. The Repub Primary debates were a joke and did scare a lot of people away. And yes, the Repub Party has moved far to the right. Probably why 80% of the Latinos and the majority of women voted for Obama.

    Newsmax is full of shinola...but I buy into MSNBC BS every chance I get. You indeed are an enigma to most.


    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Larry Thompson1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Floyd Va
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Good article. The Repub Primary debates were a joke and did scare a lot of people away. And yes, the Repub Party has moved far to the right. Probably why 80% of the Latinos and the majority of women voted for Obama.
    Not far right enough.
    Home To

    HRCH Bluesky's Rollin Thunder MH
    Bluesky's Hot Bunn's Ellie
    SHR Saddiehawkins of Summer Bird 1998-2011
    SHR Bluesky's Some like em Hot 2009-2010 Left too soon

  5. #5
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,844

    Default

    I DO NOT watch msnbc or nbc! Just like I do not watch Fox News. Both organizations lack credibility. And, I certainly don't pay any attention to Dick Morris or his emails/website. Funny how Morris was all about Clinton until Bill gave him the boot. Now, he is nothing but a scouned Democrat.
    "Well, when I went off to college, the guys I used to hang with were pumping gas and voting Democrat. Today they're still pumping gas and voting Democrat. Guess the Democrats didn't do much for them." Charles Barkley

  6. #6
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Good article. The Repub Primary debates were a joke and did scare a lot of people away. And yes, the Repub Party has moved far to the right. Probably why 80% of the Latinos and the majority of women voted for Obama.
    Why were they a joke ? because they exposed what a loon Ron Paul was

    the only thing bad about the R primary season was that it was too long and too many debates and did more to harm to the Party than help

    As for the Party moving to the right, I am fine with that...GWB 43 was a moderate. McCain is a RINO, Mitt is a moderate....I don't want the Party looking like a Democrat because they arent...

    You always talk about RP being a man of principle, what kind of principles would it be if the R party drifted to the center, why should they compromise their principles anymore than your guy...

    Face the facts, you may be a Fiscal conservative, but you are a social Liberal, which is fine ,just dont try and tell those of us that are Social Conservatives or even Moderates that we are any less Conservative than you....

    I would guess that 80% of those here on POTUS are Fiscal Conservatives, no one likes money being wasted....but on Social and Moral issues we are deeply divided, and thats OK, because that is where the real gem of Freedom is at..I can choose to attend the church of my choice and you can choose to not attend one at all, you can choose to smoke your weed along with many of my friends and I can choose not to partake.....but guess what it doesnt make you or I any more patriotic

    The Tea Party has moved the R Party to the right to remind its members where their core constituency is at..I am fine with that, there are still a whole lot of America that thinks that way...the numbers are also showing that many registered R did not vote for Mitt...more than likely they did not vote at all, highly unlikely that they voted for BHO....the reason they did not vote for Mitt was because he wasnt Conservative enough
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  7. #7
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Why were they a joke ? because they exposed what a loon Ron Paul was

    the only thing bad about the R primary season was that it was too long and too many debates and did more to harm to the Party than help

    As for the Party moving to the right, I am fine with that...GWB 43 was a moderate. McCain is a RINO, Mitt is a moderate....I don't want the Party looking like a Democrat because they arent...

    You always talk about RP being a man of principle, what kind of principles would it be if the R party drifted to the center, why should they compromise their principles anymore than your guy...

    Face the facts, you may be a Fiscal conservative, but you are a social Liberal, which is fine ,just dont try and tell those of us that are Social Conservatives or even Moderates that we are any less Conservative than you....

    I would guess that 80% of those here on POTUS are Fiscal Conservatives, no one likes money being wasted....but on Social and Moral issues we are deeply divided, and thats OK, because that is where the real gem of Freedom is at..I can choose to attend the church of my choice and you can choose to not attend one at all, you can choose to smoke your weed along with many of my friends and I can choose not to partake.....but guess what it doesnt make you or I any more patriotic

    The Tea Party has moved the R Party to the right to remind its members where their core constituency is at..I am fine with that, there are still a whole lot of America that thinks that way...the numbers are also showing that many registered R did not vote for Mitt...more than likely they did not vote at all, highly unlikely that they voted for BHO....the reason they did not vote for Mitt was because he wasnt Conservative enough
    Right on the money Bon!!
    Bill Davis

  8. #8
    Senior Member RailRoadRetrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sanger, TX
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    The reason republicans lost is because 3,000,000 registered Republicans didn't vote, because Romney is too much of a Moderate. Look at the actual Republicans that took seats held by moderates. This nation desired something we didn't give them, now we have hopefully only two more years of this crap

  9. #9
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Why were they a joke ? because they exposed what a loon Ron Paul was
    The debate modertors would even give RP any time. The only candidate that called for a Balanced Budget Amendment and audit of the Fed Reserve and peace!

    the only thing bad about the R primary season was that it was too long and too many debates and did more to harm to the Party than help
    The deabates exposed how radically right most of the candidtes are. Perry, Santorum, Cain, Gingrich scared women and independents away. They came off as loonitics!

    As for the Party moving to the right, I am fine with that...GWB 43 was a moderate. McCain is a RINO, Mitt is a moderate....I don't want the Party looking like a Democrat because they arent...
    GWB43 was a fiscal Liberal and social Conservative. Can you say, "9-10 trillion deficit under GW43? Do you really think Perry, Santorum or Cain would have done better against Obama?
    You always talk about RP being a man of principle, what kind of principles would it be if the R party drifted to the center, why should they compromise their principles anymore than your guy... Entering the 21st Century on social issues isn't what I call moving to the center! Typical big government and limited Liberty wanting to run everyones lives!

    Face the facts, you may be a Fiscal conservative, but you are a social Liberal, which is fine ,just dont try and tell those of us that are Social Conservatives or even Moderates that we are any less Conservative than you....
    I've always said I was a Fiscal Conservative and Social Liberal, I wouldn't want it any other way! I believe that people should be free to live thier lives they way they want to as long as they do not infringe on the rights of others.
    I would guess that 80% of those here on POTUS are Fiscal Conservatives, no one likes money being wasted....but on Social and Moral issues we are deeply divided, and thats OK, because that is where the real gem of Freedom is at..Agreed I can choose to attend the church of my choice and you can choose to not attend one at all, you can choose to smoke your weed along with many of my friends and I can choose not to partake.....a very stupid comment! Because I support the rights of gays to marry one another, does that make me gay? I support peoples rights to smoke whatever they wish, drink whatever they wish, worship whatever they wish and live however they wish! but guess what it doesnt make you or I any more patriotic

    The Tea Party has moved the R Party to the right to remind its members where their core constituency is at..I am fine with that, there are still a whole lot of America that thinks that way...the numbers are also showing that many registered R did not vote for Mitt...more than likely they did not vote at all, highly unlikely that they voted for BHO....the reason they did not vote for Mitt was because he wasnt Conservative enough I hope you keep thinking this way so that we can keep Liberty intolerant politicians out of the White House.
    my comments in red.
    "Well, when I went off to college, the guys I used to hang with were pumping gas and voting Democrat. Today they're still pumping gas and voting Democrat. Guess the Democrats didn't do much for them." Charles Barkley

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    The reason Romney lost is because he couldn't make up his mind about where he stood on things, other than liking to fire people. He made that perfectly clear and never waivered. If he would've took a solid stance, and not flip flop around, he probably would've won. LOL!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •