The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Romney Lost the Election

Bon, are you saying Ron Paul is a social centrist or liberal? He's anti abortion, pro traditional marriage, been married for 54 years and believes marriage is a states rights issue. He believes that the federal government has no business being in the marriage issue. He is a Baptist and I assume his stance is that marriage is biblically based and that if two people of the same sex get married they will ultimately answer to God for their actions. He basically believes people are responsible for their actions and decisions and should be held accountable. Kind of like government for grown ups. People have abused substances for centuries. The constitution doesn't mention banning them. Bush and Obama could smoke weed, snort cocaine yet prosecute you or I for choosing to do the same. The constitutional conservative believes you can abuse yourself at your discretion so long as you don't harm others. Personal freedom, the freedom to be a dumbass or not! We don't need a nanny state, it's proven not to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Thompson1 View Post
    Not far right enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    ...... As for the Party moving to the right, I am fine with that...GWB 43 was a moderate. McCain is a RINO, Mitt is a moderate....I don't want the Party looking like a Democrat because they arent...

You always talk about RP being a man of principle, what kind of principles would it be if the R party drifted to the center, why should they compromise their principles anymore than your guy...

...... The Tea Party has moved the R Party to the right to remind its members where their core constituency is at..I am fine with that, there are still a whole lot of America that thinks that way...the numbers are also showing that many registered R did not vote for Mitt...more than likely they did not vote at all, highly unlikely that they voted for BHO....the reason they did not vote for Mitt was because he wasnt Conservative enough
    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Right on the money Bon!!
    I love this thinking. Is this the permanent majority thread?

Bon, it's clear you've never really studied Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Bon, are you saying Ron Paul is a social centrist or liberal? He's anti abortion, pro traditional marriage, been married for 54 years and believes marriage is a states rights issue. He believes that the federal government has no business being in the marriage issue. He is a Baptist and I assume his stance is that marriage is biblically based and that if two people of the same sex get married they will ultimately answer to God for their actions. He basically believes people are responsible for their actions and decisions and should be held accountable. Kind of like government for grown ups. People have abused substances for centuries. The constitution doesn't mention banning them. Bush and Obama could smoke weed, snort cocaine yet prosecute you or I for choosing to do the same. The constitutional conservative believes you can abuse yourself at your discretion so long as you don't harm others. Personal freedom, the freedom to be a dumbass or not! We don't need a nanny state, it's proven not to work.
    Nicely said

True Conservatives cherish the idea of personal freedom if it isn't hurting someone else. Unfortunately the Republican Party which claims to have Conservative values and decries a nanny state espouses rhetoric supporting personal freedom;...............AS LONG AS THEY PERSONALLY APPROVE OF IT!!!
    Sounds kind of nanny statish to me

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Bon, it's clear you've never really studied Ron Paul.
    I never had the desire to,all i had to do was listen to the RP fanboys here on and the old Fuge (imagine franco times ten) you all quoted the same mantra....sometimes he had the right common sense message but was not the messenger I would have chosen
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Senior Member RailRoadRetrievers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    The reason Romney lost is because he couldn't make up his mind about where he stood on things, other than liking to fire people. He made that perfectly clear and never waivered. If he would've took a solid stance, and not flip flop around, he probably would've won. LOL!!!
    And your example of this would be?

Weak Bon, but typical.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RailRoadRetrievers View Post
    And your example of this would be?
    Gay marriage
    abortion
    healthcare
    to name a few.

Well, here is former Bush speechwriter David Frum's opinion on why Romney lost.
    "Republicans have been fleeced and exploited and lied to by a conservative entertainment complex."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIPUIfWrj84

For 20 minutes of Romney flip flops on video, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x2W4GhSLlQ

Its interesting that the red meat ballot proposals that the GOP puts on ballots to jin up fervor in its base has tended to backfire on them this election. Gay marriage and voter ID did not fare well.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!