The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why Romney Lost the Election

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Let me see if I got this right........you don't even know who you are talking too, but you are certain, whoever it is, they have no clue.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
    Literally laughing out loud at that!
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post

Cool. Several interesting stats. Romney got a small majority of college graduates (would be interesting to break that down a bit more into Scientists, Engineers, Ag majors and the like vs. History, Poly Sci, other "arts" etc.). One would probably expect that those whose financial position has improved over the last four years might vote for Obama, and that the opposite would be true for those worse off, but why did Obama have an 18 point advantage with those whose situation was unchanged? Would like to see who was in the "financially better" group too (how many are in the private sector, how many in the public).

Here is a REAL big one: 38% of the electorate identified as Democrat, 32% as Republican, and 29% as independent. The independents determine the election and even though the Republicans got a slim majority there, it wasn't enough to overcome the initial advantage of the Dems. A crucial lesson here should be that if ALL the Democrats get out and vote and ALL the Republicans get out and vote, and we split the independents equally, the dems will win every time. Let me say that again: if ALL the Democrats get out and vote and ALL the Republicans get out and vote, and we split the independents equally, the dems will win every time. That's why driving the independents away is a real problem.

Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Hey, Murral, in the last 4 years who has cost more businesses to close and cost more people their employment?

Bain or Obama????
    I would have to say Bain. My reasoning is. The President only creates or eliminates one type of job, and that would be a GOVERNMENT job. businesses remain open or close their doors by a business owner making a decision. If their business is viable to weather the lean times, they remain open. If they can keep running until an opportunity arises, they do. When the opportunity arises, they are in the position to capitalize on it. If it is not viable, they shut it down. The president doesn't tell a business owner that you have to shut down your business, nor does the president tell someone that they have to open a business. the president doesn't tell business owners that they must hire people. if he did, we wouldn't have any unemployment problem in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I would have to say Bain. My reasoning is. The President only creates or eliminates one type of job, and that would be a GOVERNMENT job. businesses remain open or close their doors by a business owner making a decision. If their business is viable to weather the lean times, they remain open. If they can keep running until an opportunity arises, they do. When the opportunity arises, they are in the position to capitalize on it. If it is not viable, they shut it down. The president doesn't tell a business owner that you have to shut down your business, nor does the president tell someone that they have to open a business. the president doesn't tell business owners that they must hire people. if he did, we wouldn't have any unemployment problem in the first place.
    I dont know where to even begin with this one

So would General Motors be a Government Job ? so does that make them Government Motors

read your statement again ....on one hand you say the President creates or eliminates one type of job
    but then you turn around and say the President doesnt open or close a business
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I dont know where to even begin with this one

So would General Motors be a Government Job ? so does that make them Government Motors

read your statement again ....on one hand you say the President creates or eliminates one type of job
    but then you turn around and say the President doesnt open or close a business
    I stand by that statement. the president can only create or eliminate one type of job and that is a government job. General motors asked for help to remain open and they received it. What business has the president opened or closed? I am not as well enlightened on these matters as you. I ask you to provide me something that shows where the president forced a business owner to open a new business or the president forced a business owner to close their doors. The government helped a business to remain open because that is what the leaders of that company asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    In the words of the great Homer Simpson: "DOH!"
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

More thought from more top Republicans:

Top Republicans say Romney didn’t offer specifics

Associated Press

LAS VEGAS — Top Republicans meeting for the first time since Election Day say the party failed to unseat President Barack Obama because nominee Mitt Romney did not respond to criticism strongly enough or outline a specific agenda with a broad appeal.

In conversations at the Republican Governors Association meeting in Las Vegas, a half-dozen party leaders predicted the GOP will lose again if it keeps running the same playbook based on platitudes in place of detailed policies. Instead, these leaders asserted, the party needs to learn the lessons from its loss, respect voters’ savvy and put forward an agenda that appeals beyond the white, male voters who are its base.

“We need to acknowledge the fact that we got beat,” Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal said in an interview. “We clearly got beat and we need to recognize that.”

Little more than a week after Romney came up short in his presidential bid, the party elders were looking at his errors and peering ahead to 2016’s race. Some of the contenders eying a White House run of their own were on hand and quietly considering their chances. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie scheduled a private meeting on the sidelines with Haley Barbour, the former Mississippi governor who is widely seen as one of the GOP’s sharpest political operatives.

Other potential White House contenders such as Jindal, Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker were outlining a vision for the party in coming elections.

“We need to figure out what we did right and what we did wrong, how we can improve our tone, our message, our technology, our turnout — all the things that are required to win elections,” McDonnell said. “We are disappointed, but we are not discouraged.”

In the hallways at the conference, the governors and their top advisers uniformly blamed Romney’s loss on an uneven communications strategy. They said Romney allowed himself to be branded a corporate raider who put the interests of the wealthy above those of middle-income voters.

“We didn’t have effective means by which to counter the attacks the Obama-Biden campaign took against Mitt Romney and his team,” Walker said. “I just don’t think you can let that go unanswered.”

Jindal, however, attributed Romney’s loss to a lack of “a specific vision that connected with the American people.”

“His campaign was largely about his biography and his experience,” Jindal said. “But time and time again, biography and experience is not enough to win an election. You have to have a vision, you have to connect your policies to the aspirations of the American people. I don’t think the campaign did that and as a result, this became a contest between personalities and — you know what? — Chicago won that.”
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!