The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: National Blog

Tough to blog on a blind. Only so much you can say other than hitting the spots and counting whistles. Even if number of whistles isn't a major concern. Reading comments one dog could not be seen. I take that to mean it was off line a good bit and one other missed the slot between the trees. Doesn't seem like a lot of answers. But likely had cast refusals and not taking the cast and being stopped and re cast. With ten plus whistles probably had some of that.

Anyone know how 82 did on land blind he was skipped on the blog?

Blog and RTF updates are great way to keep close to up to speed on what is going on. Nice to follow friends and dogs I know.

Gene
    Lucyana's Chicago Hope MH QAA- 5/9/98-6/28/11. Thanks for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Understood Tom but obviously, this 6th series blind didn't get alot of answers.
    I would bet the judges will get more answers than the blog reveals. Again, no criticism of the blog, the info has been great. They are reporting facts, not interpreting them.
    Last edited by Tom Watson; 11-15-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Watson View Post
    I would bet the judges will get more answers than the blog reveals. Again, no criticism of the blog, the info has been great. They are reporting facts, not interpreting them.
    Exactly ! We sure get spoiled quick .....We think we need a real time feed straight to our big screens and I phones.And prolly will someday soon.But thanks to all that work hard to deliver what we have....which is really amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dufour View Post
    Exactly ! We sure get spoiled quick .....We think we need a real time feed straight to our big screens and I phones.And prolly will someday soon.But thanks to all that work hard to deliver what we have....which is really amazing.
    When y'all got internet in pine grove?
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dufour View Post
    Well said, It would probably be good enough if they gave a picture of each series and the callbacks from each series. On the weekends it's great if someone posts the placements at a trial, let alone the calbacks for each series.

Counting whistles doesn't mean much, but if you were reporting on the blog how would you describe the work of each dog on a blind? It wouldn't be too good if your dog was running and the blog said "dog #x had pretty crappy blind."

The blog is great and is a way for the people at home to know what is going on at the National. Job well done.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Understood Tom but obviously, this 6th series blind didn't get alot of answers.
    Exactly. And as mentioned earlier, neither the "Blog" - nor anyone for that matter - has the vantage point the judges do. So they don't have access to all the facts to report in the first place.

No one is in a position to see what the dogs are doing - every dog on every mark, every cast (or not) on a blind, in every series. For 10 series. In the National.

I would definitly pay for live feed coverage of the National! Whatever it would cost would be minimal compared to what I spend on this lunacy.

I would definitly pay for live feed coverage of the National! Whatever it would cost would be minimal compared to what I spend on this lunacy.
    Thanks for reminding us....

Doesn't the blog often give us pics from the worker's party?

Did I miss them this year?
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    Doesn't the blog often give us pics from the worker's party?

Did I miss them this year?
    Try this: http://2012nrcblog.theretrievernews....4_archive.html

Randy
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA