RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

National Blog

173K views 636 replies 145 participants last post by  fetchbrowndog 
#1 ·
So far so good.... Its pretty cool to see all the pictures and blog of the Pre-national training. And that picture of Slider, might be the best picture of a retriever I have ever seen on-line. Hope the trial coverage is as good as this.... or better

#511 ·
Congrats Dr. Ed - and to all those making it to the 10th.

Have to say -- Go Pete! -- who I have the priveledge of training with.

#517 ·
Pete was in our training group in Michigan, he is a wonderful dog and his owner Bob Zylla and his trainer Steve Yozamp are both first class so we a rooting for Pete also.

#512 ·
Dogs dropped: 14, 28, 29, 31, 47, 56, 57, 89, 92, 93, 99, 105

#518 ·
Good Luck Dr. Ed! Awesome to have 2 puppies in the 10th!

#521 ·
Thanks for your reply Dr. Ed. I must have missed Holland's handle.. Now that the dogs have made it to the tenth, do they start with a "clean slate" so to speak? Or were the one's with handles early on still here in case the "clean" ones fail? I know it's all up to the 3 people sitting behind the line, just wondering how much those that handled have to overcome.

Meanwhile......Go Indy, Windy, Slider, Guide and Holland! (not all my picks, just wish they were):D

#524 ·
Those of us behind wish we started we a clean slate but unless a tenth series catastrophe occurs there are probably 3 or 4 dogs in contention, we are just very happy and humbled to be a part of the finale!

Being a finalist in a National is a very momentous accomplishment. To be an amateur and be a finalist in both Nationals in a single calendar year is amazing, way to go Lauren and Slider!....not wishing to jinx, the dogs still have to retrieve all the birds in the tenth

#528 ·
First running dog Free, in with all the chickens! Great job Billy. Thank you!
Congrats Lynn, you and Michael should be VERY proud!!

#540 ·
Word from the field - Pete did awesome! Congrats Bob, Steve, Lynn, and Jennell :D!

#543 ·
Huge congratulations for all who make it to the National Retriever Championship and to survive to the 10th is an incredible feat and hopefully they will all complete the test and be 'finalists'. As an aside, this test is a similar location to the 10th series of the 2008 NRC - the far left bird wasn't there, instead a far right bird was used and more water was taken, but basically very similar. It was bitterly cold that day and a stiff wind was blowing - today the weather Gods were more considerate! All winners - but only one walks away with the blue -wonder who??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.