RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

National Blog

173K views 636 replies 145 participants last post by  fetchbrowndog 
#1 ·
So far so good.... Its pretty cool to see all the pictures and blog of the Pre-national training. And that picture of Slider, might be the best picture of a retriever I have ever seen on-line. Hope the trial coverage is as good as this.... or better

#292 ·
NFC = National Field Champion
NAFC = National Amateur Field Champion
FC = Field Champion
AFC = Amateur Field Champion

#294 ·
So, to put it all together:

NFC = National Field Champion
NAFC = National Amateur Field Champion
FC = Field Champion
AFC = Amateur Field Champion

NRC or National Retriever Championship, or just National, is open to Pros and amatuers
NARC or National Amatuer Retriever Championship, or National Amatuer, is open to amatuers only

The winner of the National gets the title of NFC.

The winner of the National Amatuer gets the title of NAFC

#298 ·
The NRC is the National

What is this National Open of which you speak?;-)

#297 · (Edited)
Dang, Pirate was dropped. Looks like he didn't have a very good 5th series. Jim Gonia and the dogs he was running, Ford and NFC Emmitt were dropped also. The 5th was a tough series as they cut a bunch of dogs, about 40% from the previous series.

Dr. Eds dog (Holland) is still hanging tough.

#299 ·
A lot of good dogs dropped. Some without a handle. Which goes to show that not all handles are equal, especially compared to a big hunt.Still some local flavor in there.Pappa Merlyn still there. Pink sister to daddy Juice still there.

#300 · (Edited)
Dog 47 starts the series...

Description: land blind with stand out gun sitting at right middle station, running SE to NW from west end of big dam 350 yards or so. Small mound near line, through trees at 250 yards.

#301 ·
National Retriever Field Trial Championship (NRFTC), aka. the "National Open" or "the National" is put on by the National Retriever Club (NRC). The winner earns the title "National Field Trial Champion" (NFC) aka. "National Field Champion" aka. "National Champion."

National Amateur Retriever Field Trial Championship (NARFTC), aka. the "National Amateur" or "the National Am" is put on by the National Amateur Retriever Club (NARC). The winner earns the title "National Amateur Field Trial Champion" (NAFC) aka. "National Amateur Field Champion" aka. "National Amateur Champion."

#306 ·
Confirmed, it is a single LB and going fast....so I would guess the blog will have a hard time keeping up.

#308 ·
You won't get answers from here either - one must always remember to take the blog reporting with a grain of salt - the blog reports are NOT the judges!

#314 ·
Looks like dog 100 was added back in...

#317 ·
Test description and picture are posted...

#321 ·
Blog notes indicate that #56 Ali just did one heck of a 2 whistle blind, all factors considered. And Dr. Ed's Holland in 4 whistles, good luck all.

#322 ·
They have called the 6th series for the night with dog number 28...

#323 ·
Anyone know how Indy (dog #96) ran the blind?

#326 ·
How will the 6th be judged other than keyhole? Damn near erry dog did it, some with more whistles than others. Is there a cutoff for total # of whistles at the National.
As was noted in the commentary during an earlier blind, counting whistles is not something that should matter. It appears to be the way the "Blog" is choosing to describe the individual work on a blind, but it really doesn't tell you much...in my opinion. Both Dr Ed and Ted Shih articulated this earlier in the note string. Scroll back a few pages....

#330 ·
Important question ;) Anyone know when the National Pick em will be updated to reflect the 5th series? It's the only lottery I play because I can't lose any money on it!

I'm sure they have went home by now but was wondering how often it is updated when the series ends earlier in the day.

#331 ·
Tough to blog on a blind. Only so much you can say other than hitting the spots and counting whistles. Even if number of whistles isn't a major concern. Reading comments one dog could not be seen. I take that to mean it was off line a good bit and one other missed the slot between the trees. Doesn't seem like a lot of answers. But likely had cast refusals and not taking the cast and being stopped and re cast. With ten plus whistles probably had some of that.

Anyone know how 82 did on land blind he was skipped on the blog?

Blog and RTF updates are great way to keep close to up to speed on what is going on. Nice to follow friends and dogs I know.

Gene

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.