RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

National Blog

173K views 636 replies 145 participants last post by  fetchbrowndog 
#1 ·
So far so good.... Its pretty cool to see all the pictures and blog of the Pre-national training. And that picture of Slider, might be the best picture of a retriever I have ever seen on-line. Hope the trial coverage is as good as this.... or better

#588 ·
Congrats to all who participated especially the finalists and even more so to Pelican Pete team.
Noticed that Pete is linebred DARE to DREAM. Cosmo seems to be the grandsire of a lot of great dogs lately.

#589 ·
Congrats to the winner and finalists. Many thanks to RN for providing us with commentary on the Blog, the pics etc. Enjoyed it immensely. Thanks everyone for their comments.

#593 ·
Gotta love a 'talking dog' -thanks to the news for posting the video of 'Pete' celebrating!! Not enough can be said about the caliber of dogs that are even qualified - isn't it fun - and it does seem like they all have such great personalities-!! There is a wonderful story behind every dog, just wish there was time and space to tell them all!!

#594 ·
Congratulations to all the Finalists and to NFC Pete! Thank you to the judges and all the workers that made it possible!

#595 ·
A big congratulations to Steve and Pete as well as to all the other national qualifiers amazing dogs and handlers

#597 ·
that Pete certainly is a handsome dog! Congrats to Dr. Ed and Holland, Lauren and Slider, Tubb and Martha and John. Lots of great dogs running in our neck of the woods. Congrats to Chili too. Nice National Mike!

Thanks to all who helped put it on and did the hard work!

#598 ·
The coverage of Nationals was the best I have ever seen and i thank you for your hard work on the blog. It was great. I hope it remains like that.

#600 ·
Lainee, THANKS once again for your part in the play-by-play coverage of the National. :cool:

Obviously it takes a lot of time and work and it's appreciated by all here. Good on ya'!

JS

#601 ·
I thought it was great coverage all around even with the mishaps. It is indeed interesting when you get dogs of that type of talent together to run, it is always a tossup who will come out on top and I think that is what makes it so interesting and fun in my opinion. And again, congrats to Pete and his owners a job well done and obviously deserving. Also a huge congrats to all the finalists for making it all way to the end. And yet another congrats to those that were even elgible to run in the NRC. To me that is huge in its own right.

#602 · (Edited)
Congratulations Pete Zylla, Bob, Steve, Lynn and breeders Rita and Frank Jones! Pete is a wonderful dog. He lives in the house at Steve's and at home. Bob is a regular guy with one great dog, who shows up in his PT Cruiser and kicks our butts a lot of weekends! Pete is a force with Bob and with Steve. Pete's trial record speaks for itself.

2011, 2 Open wins, 17.5 points. 1 Amateur win, 9.5 points.
2012, 5 Open wins, 38.5 points. 2 Amateur wins, 11 points.
Career Points (per RetrieverResults.com) 94. Pete had 39 Derby points. Thank you Retriever Results for the providing great reports on the dogs.!

I believe the NFC points make Pete the 2012 High Point Open dog and the Purina High Point dog!! WHOO HOO!

Congratulations to all the Finalists!!

#606 · (Edited)
Bob,

I cannot express my happiness for you, Pete and your training team! I remember you bitching about an Amat waterblind in Fargo this summer.

No more complaining ever about your amazing buddy OK? I will not tolerate it.:cool:

Congrats to all who Qualified.

#603 ·
Congratulations to "Team Pete" for one tremendous year!!!! And not to be overlooked are all the Finalists who also endured 10 challenging series to make it to the end! Dr. Ed, Lauren, Paul and everyone else.....congratulations on a terrific run!!

#604 ·
They don't call him "Perfect Pete" for nothing! :D Congrats to Pete, Bob, Steve, Lynn, Frank & Rita!

#607 ·
Huge congratulations to Bob and Pete. He's a very special dog and Steve Yozamp has done a tremendous job of training him and his owner. Bob and Steve train together almost every day and Bob commonly helps out at trials. Bob talks a lot a the flier station and is one heck of a crack shot. And to think that Pete sired I believe his first an only litter this summer.

Way to go team Outback Retrievers!

#608 ·
Yep, congrats to all. It's an achievement to be qualified to even run the nat'l. To compete well over 10 series, even more so. Again, congrats to all. And a special shout out to Wendy, who's won it and who just keeps keeping on at 10 1/2 yrs & her handler, Ken Neil. She is just consistently tough, week after week. Those kind don't come around very often.

#611 ·
Litter mate finalists Holland and Dottie?

Mother /son finalists Windy and Tubb?

Parent finalists Sally and Slider? (She's due 12/10/12 so the pups just finished their first National too!)

Or am I way off? :)

Congratulations to all the qualifiers, finalists, and especially Team Pete! Pete loved his steak at the winner's party!

It was an exhausting yet exhilarating week and thanks to everyone who worked hard to make it happen, and to the judges for dedicating two grueling weeks to the sport.

#612 ·
We have a winner my two and one I didn't know about.

Mother #40 Windy and son #48 Tubb in his first National Championship Stake

Littermates #50 Dottie and #76 Holland both in their first National Championship Stake

and the one I didn't know about sire #15 Slider and dam #79 Sally, maybe both at their first National Championship Stake too?

How cool is that?

#621 ·
Ed,
I watched part of the first series with Judy. When Pete came to the line to run - we walked up closer. She told me she really wanted to see Pete - that he was a real special dog.

Boy you aint a kiddin there. Just looked up his record on EE and he's been tearin it up. It's almost like he won two nationals.
Here's what he's done recently.
8/31 - Am 4th

9/7 - open 1st and Am 4th

9/14 - open 1st

9/28 - open 1st

10/5 - open 1st

10/19 - open 2nd.... Must not have been feeling good that day:rolleyes:

10/26 - open 1st

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#617 ·
the oldest was Windy at almost if not at age 11, and the youngest was Indi and she is just under 3..I think

#619 ·
Way to go PETE,STEVE, LYNN & BOB!!!!!!:D not to mention Rita & Frank that Planted the seed! One heck of a DOG, Not to mention the humans Pete said he wanted to Love!!

Congrats,

Dennis & Cruger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.