The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: National Blog

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    For the most part that is true....but on a re-run you must attempt to pick up the birds in the same order you did the first time.

john
    as the last sentence states the handler may not attempt to pick them up in a different order which is very different than he must pick them up in the same order, if the dog chooses a different order no harm no penalty

The re-run of a mark or blind which was not previously completed shall be scored by taking into consideration the combined performances of the dog prior to the point of unfairness in the initial run and after the point of unfairness in the re-run. If there shall be more than one re-run of that mark or blind, the Judges shall exercise their discretion in determining how to score it fairly.
    The re-run of a mark or blind which was previously completed shall be scored on the first completion and faults committed on such re-run shall be ignored except that if the dog (1) does not complete that portion in accordance with the Judges’ instructions for the test or (2) commits any of the faults set forth herein as usually justifying elimination from a stake, he shall be penalized in the same manner as the Judges would penalize him regardless of the re-run.

Notwithstanding the last sentence of Standard Procedure 8, a handler is not free to select marked falls in a re-run in an order different from the order in which they were selected in the initial run, and if the handler deliberately attempts to do so the dog shall be eliminated from the stake

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    in the same order you "attempted" the first time.
    Could be, but if you missed the short retired and went long and picked up the longer bird first ....the judges might want to try go long before short on the rerun.

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by rsfavor View Post
    Everyone around here seems to be afraid to name names so I figured I better be safe and keep my "source" confidential!!
    rsfavor,

I hope you do a better job at concealing your passwords and such!!!!! LOL!!!
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)

Atta boy Traveler.....from your half brother, Crosby!
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    Could be, but if you missed the short retired and went long and picked up the longer bird first ....the judges might want to try go long before short on the rerun.

john
    Then they would be wrong. If you attempted to pick up the short retired and the dog goes through and picks up the long retired you should attempt to pick up the short retired in the same order.
    Been there done that.

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    Your source, thats funny
    No doubt. With those initials, I haven't the foggiest idea.

Question - what is the purpose of the retired gun rather than concealing the gunner station in the first place. Is it a visibility thing on these long marks?
    Watermark's Mack Daddy MH

Here's a couple of questions for Dr. Ed, Ted, and any other judges out there keeping up with the nationals. Several really good marking dogs handled in the beginning of the fifth series. It seems that as the day progressed the test either became easier because of shifting winds/lighting conditions or the handlers were able to see things to help there dogs pick up the marks clean. Will the judges go easier on the dogs who ran first this morning when it comes time for call backs. I realize that not all handles are created equal. How much does the work in the first four series affect cuts after the fifth? Also, can a dog with one handle that makes it through the tenth series beat out a dog that comes through the tenth series clean?
    "That's a fine dog you got there son. Looks like one of ya'll got the brains and the other one got the driver's license.".

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Question for you Mary Lynn, I see you have a qaa dog and a HRCH dog, did you run and handle these dogs? Just curious as I find it odd that you don't know about picking marks up however you want nor did you know what a layout blind was.

Just curious. Usually folks running at those levels would know those things.

WRL
    Guess I don't know things. Just did want to know if the judge had said pick them up in a certain order or not. Is that OKAY!

Yes! I trained, ran and handle my own dog. I am very new to this FT. Thanks for asking!!!!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Oh yeah, how much do multiple no-birds for a specific dog figure into the equation?
    "That's a fine dog you got there son. Looks like one of ya'll got the brains and the other one got the driver's license.".