The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The CATO Institute

Default The CATO Institute

Do any of you read this site?

It is evidently a Libertarian "Think Tank."

Does not quite square up with what gets tossed out here as "Libertarianism."

http://www.cato.org/
    Stan b & Elvis

Read it daily and it very much reflects what us Libertarians post here on RTF!

In fact just yesterday I posted about Liberty, Peace and a Balanced Budget.

Libertarians did not support Romney or Obama because we are against Crony Capitalism, Big Goverment, Deficit Spending and believe in self determination. All the things the Dem and Repub candidates stand for!

I for one have posted many links to Cato articles.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-09-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

Libertarians did not support Romney or Obama because we are against Crony Capitalism, Big Goverment, Deficit Spending and believe in self determination. All the things the Dem and Repub candidates stand for!

You did support Obama by not voting Romney...just the fact...
    Bill Davis

Franco, you sound like your running for office. Next you'll be talking about bridges, roads and teachers. Oh yeah, green energy.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Yes!
    Very good site.

Another for us Colorado guys is the

Independece Institute:

Not to railroad the thread,, but here is an article from the Independence Institutes web site, that has a guy who just wrote a book on Government and the second amendment.

He wrote the following article about Oas treaty.

Gun Control was a topic that was "Off the Table" in debates this past election...
    The second amendment was brought once,, and President Obama said he supported the second ammendment,, but with reasonable regulation....

He is an example of what HE president Obama,, and Secretary of state call reasonable...

These sites are where you find information like this.. The mainstream press wont give aitime to any of it.. The folks that blindly follow our media,, readstuff like this,,, and they just revert to adressing the article as fear mongering,, or right wing kooks...

President Obama considers this as "reasonable" regulation..
    We must be very careful of the lefts definitions of simple words..
    Remember president Clinton?

You gun tingerers, and reloaders read this..

http://davekopel.com/2A/Mags/oas-treaty.htm
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You did support Obama by not voting Romney...just the fact...
    BS..that would be with a capital B and S!

You must have missed the fact that Presidents are elected via the Electoral College while you were obtaining your GED.

Louisiana, like most southern states would vote for Charles Manson if he had an (R) behind his name. By voting for Gary Johnson, I am supporting an alternative voice to the dysfunctional Dem and Repub parties.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

wasnt Cato the sidekick of the Green Hornet.....and wasnt he played by Bruce Lee
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

CATO Institutes' Mission Statement

Mission Statement

"To increase the understanding of public policies based on the principles of limited government, free markets, individual liberty, and peace. The Institute will use the most effective means to originate, advocate, promote, and disseminate applicable policy proposals that create free, open, and civil societies in the United States and throughout the world."

BS..that would be with a capital B and S!

You must have missed the fact that Presidents are elected via the Electoral College while you were obtaining your GED.

Louisiana, like most southern states would vote for Charles Manson if he had an (R) behind his name. By voting for Gary Johnson, I am supporting an alternative voice to the dysfunctional Dem and Repub parties.
    You have some sort of hangup about GED's... Still working on yours?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Do any of you read this site?

It is evidently a Libertarian "Think Tank."

Does not quite square up with what gets tossed out here as "Libertarianism."

http://www.cato.org/
    I am a member - so get what I would call an unbiased look at things - some of there writings are very good as a baseline from which to view the options - they have many good articles on all things government - The Koch's were among the founders, when they tried to take it over recently it ended in court with the long time head being replaced, & the Koch's taking a lesser role - somehow those organizations do not do well on the second run of management - I hope CATO does, in my mind it is a very necessary buffer .

As for Franco's view of being a libertarian, he's a pinochio follower & based on his knowledge of Virginia Postrel a Janey come lately to the political scene - Goldwater's view was much more realistic . Franco is selective in the material he agrees with, which is what makes his particular brand of reasoning (if one can call it that) so hard to fathom. I guess it's like his FB prognostications .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!