The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The CATO Institute

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    First. lets start with the truth. But weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced.
    What is an assault weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Susie Royer View Post
    It has been defined for some time and easy to find on the web!

Criteria of an assault weaponAssault weapon (semi-automatic) refers primarily (but not exclusively) to firearms that possess the features of an assault rifle (which are fully-automatic). Semi-automatic firearms, when fired, automatically extract the spent cartridge casing and load the next cartridge into the chamber, ready to fire again; they do not fire automatically like a machine gun; rather, only one round is fired with each trigger pull.
    In the former U.S. law, the legal term assault weapon included certain specific semi-automatic firearm models by name (e.g., Colt AR-15, TEC-9, non select-fire AK-47s produced by three manufacturers, and Uzis) and other semi-automatic firearms because they possess a minimum set of features from the following list of features:
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    It has been defined for some time and easy to find on the web!

Criteria of an assault weaponAssault weapon (semi-automatic) refers primarily (but not exclusively) to firearms that possess the features of an assault rifle (which are fully-automatic). Semi-automatic firearms, when fired, automatically extract the spent cartridge casing and load the next cartridge into the chamber, ready to fire again; they do not fire automatically like a machine gun; rather, only one round is fired with each trigger pull.
    So, if I'm reading this correctly my Browning BAR .270 semi automatic is considered an assault rifle?

So, if I'm reading this correctly my Browning BAR .270 semi automatic is considered an assault rifle?
    No. The BAR270 only holds 5 or 6 rounds.

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
    Last edited by Franco; 11-09-2012 at 03:02 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You did support Obama by not voting Romney...just the fact...
    What????????????????????????

Susie, right now the "AR rifle" is the fasted growing firearms in terms of sales today, if you read Outdoor Life, Field&Stream or any of the hunting magizines today almost without fail they will be talking about them as hunting guns. In my local community about 80% of the coyote hunters are using guns bases off of the AR platform, these are the same rifles that Romney defines as assault rifles and banned in Mass, along with regulations of adding fees to the purchase of every new gun purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Susie, right now the "AR rifle" is the fasted growing firearms in terms of sales today, if you read Outdoor Life, Field&Stream or any of the hunting magizines today almost without fail they will be talking about them as hunting guns.
    My husband has several ARs. I bought him a 223 last year for Xmas...still don't have Yote jacket <VBG> Now I see Franco changed his post about the definition of a semi...let's get the definition straight before you post it Franco LOL

My husband has several ARs. I bought him a 223 last year for Xmas...still don't have Yote jacket <VBG> Now I see Franco changed his post about the definition of a semi...let's get the definition straight before you post it Franco LOL

You are the kind of wife that guys wish they had married....you rock girl
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Minn guy.
    like I said, Romney not perfect, but between the two choices,

you done see a guy that takes an OATH to uphold the constitution,then entered into talks with UN thugs,on the small arms treaty,and promotes osa

the man wants to have reasonae regulation on guns that include reloaders to have a manufacturers license,to keep records of every round reloaded.

wants you to be required to have that same license to mount a scope on that harmless recreational rif of yours.

this is his reasonable regulation he talks about when he states

I believe in the second amendment, as long as it includes reasonable regulation.

The man took an OATH

Gooser
    Gooser I agree with you on Obama but for the life of me can't see why the Republican party would run a candidate with Romney's stance on gun control. Between the two of them Romney I believe is probably the lessor of two evils only because the Republican party may be able to reign him in as seen in his recent flip-flopping of beliefs.

I didn't change a freaking thing, I just posted more of it. Don't complain when you are too lazy to look it up for yourself!