The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Camo Vest

Default Camo Vest

Need some help. I'm looking for a camo vest for my yellow(got alot of white on him) lab. This vest doesn't really need to be for floatation. I just want it to cover up some of that white in the dove field. Only problem is my lab is already at 70-75 lbs. and will be 8 months old this month. I was going to just go ahead and buy him the largest size from Cabelas(3X) but I read where one guy said he had a 100lb. dog and it was too small. I know my dog will be well over 100 when he's full grown. I guess I could buy the 3X for this season and then try to find a larger one next year????? Do any of yall know where I might find a good vest that offers BIG sizes????? Thanks!

find a seamstress and by some elastic
    Jeannie Greenlee

Blazinlakes Legally Blonde CDX JH NAJ RA WC OD (1st Retriever)
    HRCH Smokingold Guns Up CCA WCX CD MH
    https://sites.google.com/site/smokingoldretrievers/home

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Need some help. I'm looking for a camo vest for my yellow(got alot of white on him) lab. This vest doesn't really need to be for floatation. I just want it to cover up some of that white in the dove field. Only problem is my lab is already at 70-75 lbs. and will be 8 months old this month. I was going to just go ahead and buy him the largest size from Cabelas(3X) but I read where one guy said he had a 100lb. dog and it was too small. I know my dog will be well over 100 when he's full grown. I guess I could buy the 3X for this season and then try to find a larger one next year????? Do any of yall know where I might find a good vest that offers BIG sizes????? Thanks!
    please reconsider covering a dog during what is usually a HOT dove season......movement flares doves, not the color of your dog...I had a yellow dog named Straw, never flared a dove,teal or duck because of his color....if you want to do your dog a favor get him some shade...or even use some camo makeup on his chest, just do not put a vest on him during dove season
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"