The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Petraeus resigns

Default Petraeus resigns

Gen Petraeus submitted his resignation letter, not over Libya but because of an extra marital affair he had. He has been married 37 years. This comes right on the heels of the Llbya hearings next week, but the word is he will still be called to testify.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...-cia-director/
    Last edited by gmhr1; 11-09-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

what a waste of a great military career....a real shame,very disappointed
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

now they are saying he wont be called to testify...the timing on this smells....the reason he is resigning makes one lift an eyebrow too

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I am not denying the timing smells but do you really believe he would resign for an affair he didn't have?
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    I am not denying the timing smells but do you really believe he would resign for an affair he didn't have?

No....that's not what I am saying at all...

1. was someone using leverage threatening to expose the affair....

2. it gives him an out,kind of a poison pill so to speak(yes i know its the CIA)

3. why didnt he resign before the election

I am not saying he didnt have an affair....but a man in his high profile position doesnt make sense

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    now they are saying he wont be called to testify...the timing on this smells....the reason he is resigning makes one lift an eyebrow too
    This post wouldnt have surprised me if it were made by the OP, Gman, UB or the like. Not very long ago you seemed concerned about your credibility and objectivity

Exactly what smells and makes you lift an eyebrow regarding the timing of his resignation
    This is a national heo who has served bravely & honorably for years and amusingly been a hero to the "Republican can do no wrong apoligists"crowd. What are you suggesting that he is participating in the Fox created coverup of alleged heinous wrongdoing in the 9-11 embassy terror attack where Fox would like us to think that Obama had our people stand down when Fox would have you believe that we could have easily intervened and prevented it You are aware that so far everyone[CIA Pentagon NSC White House 4 Star Generalsetc} who could be in a position to know the situation has called BS on Fox

Or are you implying that he is faking the affair

What smells fishy to me is that this kinda resembles when Colin Powell, your ilks last Patriotic hero & icon got demoted to a bum & traitior and thrown under the bus when he endorsed Obama

Do you people actually believe every piece of tripe that Fox throws against the wall and hope it sticks. How many times will that Fair & Balanced group make a fool out of you people before you wake up

Did he have an affair with a man or a women?

Why would he not be called to testify? He resigns a couple days before a hearing (after the election) where he would have to tell the truth and now he doesn't have to testify, and some people think this doesn't raise an eyebrow?
    Last edited by gmhr1; 11-09-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Why would he not be called to testify?

Officials say revelations about the affair that led to Friday's resignation of CIA Director David Petraeus were discovered in the course of an FBI investigation.
    Dont know if he will be called to testify, but if he is this wont get him out of it. He can still be subpeonaed.
    All the more reason to show how ridiculous it is too imply something nefarious in the timing; in that it would serve no factual purpose in any purported coverup of any purported wrong doing.
    That matters to people who are concerned with facts

Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    This post wouldnt have surprised me if it were made by the OP, Gman, UB or the like. Not very long ago you seemed concerned about your credibility and objectivity

Exactly what smells and makes you lift an eyebrow regarding the timing of his resignation
    This is a national heo who has served bravely & honorably for years and amusingly been a hero to the "Republican can do no wrong apoligists"crowd. What are you suggesting that he is participating in the Fox created coverup of alleged heinous wrongdoing in the 9-11 embassy terror attack where Fox would like us to think that Obama had our people stand down when Fox would have you believe that we could have easily intervened and prevented it You are aware that so far everyone[CIA Pentagon NSC White House 4 Star Generalsetc} who could be in a position to know the situation has called BS on Fox

Or are you implying that he is faking the affair

What smells fishy to me is that this kinda resembles when Colin Powell, your ilks last Patriotic hero & icon got demoted to a bum & traitior and thrown under the bus when he endorsed Obama

Do you people actually believe every piece of tripe that Fox throws against the wall and hope it sticks. How many times will that Fair & Balanced group make a fool out of you people before you wake up

you are really reaching for straws today.....I was a Petraeus fan...Four Star Generals like him dont grow on trees...coming from a military family I am disappointed...Men like him dont make errors in judgement...those are reserved for twerps like Mark Sanford,Anthony Weiner

I am just in shock to be quite honest, Petraeus was/is a genuine American hero