The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Petraeus resigns

I was watching this on cnn, They said he would not testify. I hope he does because his resignation doesn't have anything to do with him telling the truth at the hearing. His staff says he wants to testify so go, he doesn't have to wait for a subpoena. If he's not hiding anything than there is no reason for him not to.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 11-09-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    you are really reaching for straws today.....I was a Petraeus fan...Four Star Generals like him dont grow on trees...coming from a military family I am disappointed...Men like him dont make errors in judgement...those are reserved for twerps like Mark Sanford,Anthony Weiner

I am just in shock to be quite honest, Petraeus was/is a genuine American hero
    Thats all well and good & I agree with your sentiments
    However you still haven't explained why you think the timing from a hero like him "who don't make errors in judgement" is suspicious

Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    However you still haven't explained why you think the timing from a hero like him "who don't make errors in judgement" is suspicious
    It came out of this administration therefore it is suspicious.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I have to agree with Bon - other than the storm which the POTUS had no control over - everything that has happened during this election season appears to be controlled to make the administration look good - it's just human nature for politico's - this administration more than others. If we had other than a fawning MSM maybe there would be objective reporting .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

was he having the affair just last week ? highly unlikely ? maybe he thought BHO wouldnt get re elected and it would never get this far

bottom line Petraeus is the one who could definitively end all the speculation,inuendo and whatever else you may call it...I believe him to be a good honest man who would/will tell the truth when called upon to do so..IMO he has no political axe to grind, which makes him the best witness, now this character flaw and lapse in judgement can only go to second guess what I would have believed to be stellar testimony....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Nothing to see here folks. He's running The CIA.

The affair was with his biographer and yes she's a woman.A pretty stupid move for such a smart man .
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    now they are saying he wont be called to testify...the timing on this smells....the reason he is resigning makes one lift an eyebrow too
    Obama would dismantle the CIA tomorrow if he could.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    The affair was with his biographer and yes she's a woman.A pretty stupid move for such a smart man .
    It happens to the best of them, even Slick Willy.

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Rats!! I was hoping it was Michelle.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com