The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Petraeus resigns

Interesting how this is so shocking and the worst thing that could ever happen etc...

When Bill Clinton was having sex with an intern in the White House of all places, we were told by the media (and every lib politician out there) it was none of our business... it was just sex after all... What two adults did in their private lives was their business.

Seems the left has put more value in the marriage vows over the last few years...
    Bill Davis

If Petraeus perjured himself in his testimony, and could no longer live with the lie(s), then by resigning he is free to tell the truth. Would he have viewed his lying as following orders of his CIC? If so, that no longer would apply (since he has resigned), would it?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

News reports this evening have the FBI conducting a raid at the Broadwell home this evening.

The reports that he wouldn't testify were based upon his not being a government official anymore. By this line of reasoning, the CIA would be represented by the acting director. However, he still could be called, and probably would be, based on what he actually witnessed.

Eric
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Interesting how this is so shocking and the worst thing that could ever happen etc...

When Bill Clinton was having sex with an intern in the White House of all places, we were told by the media (and every lib politician out there) it was none of our business... it was just sex after all... What two adults did in their private lives was their business.

Seems the left has put more value in the marriage vows over the last few years...
    I guess I haven't seen any outrage about Petraeus, I would say this is being handled about the same way the Clinton thing should've been handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    News reports this evening have the FBI conducting a raid at the Broadwell home this evening.

The reports that he wouldn't testify were based upon his not being a government official anymore. By this line of reasoning, the CIA would be represented by the acting director. However, he still could be called, and probably would be, based on what he actually witnessed.

Eric
    The FBI has known about Broadwell for months. Why are they raiding her home now, after the whole affair has become public knowledge? Is it just part of the show?
    Bill Davis

To make it more complicated another marine general is now involved with the girl that was recieveing those emails. He's Gen John Allen the commander of US Nato troops in Afganistan, he's going to fall as well. I wonder how many more will turn up?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/13/pe...n-afghanistan/
    Last edited by gmhr1; 11-13-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

the fbi has known about broadwell for months. Why are they raiding her home now, after the whole affair has become public knowledge? Is it just part of the show?
    orders!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

The FBI has known about Broadwell for months. Why are they raiding her home now, after the whole affair has become public knowledge? Is it just part of the show?
    Because she gave a speech and opened her mouth Oct 26, saying thngs that NO ONE had heard, talking about 3 prisioners being held in Libya and thats why we were attacked.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...raeus/1699207/
    Last edited by gmhr1; 11-13-2012 at 08:41 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

I think that the search of the Broadwell residence is part of the classified information leak probe. This was started long after the email issue began. The Broadwell's are cooperating with the FBI. The news here said that a couple of boxes of documents were removed.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

This is my only outlet for my rage.

How in the hell do these old men have the time and energy to deal with tens of thousands of e-mails from ANYONE--much less married socialites 20 years younger who are apparently sleeping their way through the barracks and then up, and running into a bottle-neck with each other at the four-star level--and RUN A FRIGGIN' WAR???

Oh.

Wait.

The war has been limping away on its own in whatever direction the tradewinds are blowing.

Yeah. I guess they have time to deal with TENS OF THOUSANDS OF EMAILS FROM WOMEN NOT THEIR WIVES.

Forget the negligible amount of time they may or may not have been having sex.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH