The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Petraeus resigns

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...ntcmp=trending

Pretty good opinion piece by Judge Napolitano ... another "fairy tale" that the affair would not have come to light when FBI did its background check on Petraeus when he was proposed as CIA chief, and that POTUS would have not been made aware of same through his weekly FBI briefings. Other interesting legal facts in there as well.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    One story floating around was since Gen P. was retired they may drop a star and reduce his pension. I don't know if they can or would want to go after him.
    I don't care what they do or don't do to him at this point. I want the truth about Benghazi to come out and those responsible held accountable for it. If he is one of them... He needs to pay.
    Bill Davis

One story floating around was that since he was retired, they could drop a star and reduce his pension. He claims the affair started after he retired although they met in 2006. Interesting side note Jill Kelly had dinner sept 28 at the white house. Paula broadwells father said this is just the tip of the iceberg.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 11-15-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Former CIA Director David Petraeus stoked the controversy over the Obama administration's handling of the Libya terror attack, testifying Friday that references to "Al Qaeda involvement" were stripped from his agency's original talking points -- while other intelligence officials were unable to say who changed the memo, according to a top lawmaker who was briefed.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz2CPzCqnLt
    That does not explain why Petraeus testified otherwise on Sept. 14.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I dont understand WHY the American public doesnt get to listen to his testimony live...This closed door session leads to speculation and false reports....if there is nothing to hide let America decide
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I dont understand WHY the American public doesnt get to listen to his testimony live...This closed door session leads to speculation and false reports....if there is nothing to hide let America decide

Possibly security reasons. If it appears to be a cover up, someone will leak it out.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Possibly security reasons. If it appears to be a cover up, someone will leak it out.
    One of my former bosses never closed the door when we were having meetings. His philosphy was that if people see the door open, we were planning something. If the door was closed, we were plotting something. It's all about the trust factor.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum...ad.php?t=42816
    "The Rescue of Roger Locher" ... told by retired brigadier general Steve Richie.

If Richie (or General Vogt) had been in command on 9/11/2012, this story might have had a different ending.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    One of my former bosses never closed the door when we were having meetings. His philosphy was that if people see the door open, we were planning something. If the door was closed, we were plotting something. It's all about the trust factor.
    What did he fire you for?
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    What did he fire you for?
    He didn't. He retired.