The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Blimp takes off...GDG

Default Blimp takes off...GDG

Yesterday was a beautiful autumn day in the Welsh hills, cold but bright with wonderful autumn colours. The Boys were working well (even made a water retrieve) and all seemed right with the world. So what was it that provoked your correspondent to threaten to slug one of his companions? And mean it.

Big Fat Clue .... it involved an idiot, a walking stick, and my dog "Louis".

Further information ... I boxed in the old Birmingham ABA and have an Irishman's temper.

Eug
    Last edited by Colonel Blimp; 11-11-2012 at 07:12 AM.
    Thank you, very kind, Mine's a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Blimp View Post
    Yesterday was a beautiful autumn day in the Welsh hills, cold but bright with wonderful autumn colours. The Boys were working well (even made a water retrieve) and all seemed right with the world. So what was it that provoked your correspondent to threaten to slug one of his companions? And mean it.

Further information ... I boxed in the old Birmingham ABA and have an Irishman's temper.

Eug
    One of these days I'm gonna need to learn to speak Welsh...there's a few of your fellow Welchmen at work too and mostly I don't get them either, must be me. Welch English does not equal American English at all. Plus, you guys have sayings that don't even begin to translate to American English.
    Tom Rogers; Owned and Handled by Al Capone's Magic Patriot Son - Riot
    [FC/AFC Big Alfonse Capone of Mo-Kan x Dominators Magic Avalon]

R.I.P. Grandpaws FC AFC HRCH Taylorlab Downtown "Dusty" Brown MH & FC CFC CAFC Taylorlabs "Magic" Trick MH CD
    Riot's Career
    on EE

Can you post the video?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Blimp View Post

Eug
    Don't tell us the "idiot" struck Louis with the walking stick...
    Bill Davis

huntinman posted
    Don't tell us the "idiot" struck Louis with the walking stick...
    Yupp.

On a driven shoot you'll be expected to load your dogs into a vehicle or trailer along with lots of others; I've mentioned in the past that this is something we train for. However dogs being dogs there is sometimes a bit of argey bargey, where one dog will get a bit territorial and try to block the trailer gate or entrance to others trying to get in. The gentleman in question, judged that Louis, inside the trailer, had growled at his two Labs attempting to get in, so he jabbed him in the face with his stick.

A frank exchange of views followed and I'm happy to report that a reoccurrence of the incident seems unlikely.

Eug

eug,

in college once i had the opportunity for sport with an individual i later learned was an accomplished pugulist. this individual had won the birmingham(of alabama, U.S.) welter weight "golden gloves" championship. i was ignorant of the facts of his competitive resume'. at the time knowledge of his history would have made no difference to me.

my appetite for confrontation with this person or any other, was quelled for a long period of time because of his exchange with me!

8mmmag, what i am saying is, "when this sum bi#@h kicked my a$$ proper, it stayed kicked for a while!"

jmc
    john mccallie

Eug. you did the right thing, it is your responsibility to let your dog know "who is the boss" not someone else with a stick, he should have brought it up to your attention and let you take care of the situation, but instead he took it upon himself to use a stick on your dog so i dont blame you for letting him know how you feel and I still would have been on your side if you used your boxing club of a fist - not the best route to go down but it would have been warranted.
    Last edited by JustinS; 11-12-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    Justin E Schneider

Xtreme's 30 Rounds N' 1 Full Maggie SH
    Foundation's One Up the Sleeve - Ace
    Foundation's Peanut Butter Cup - Reece

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." -- Josh Billings

Some peoples stiffest competition is themselves.--MooseGooser

Justin,

It wasn't my dog Louis that growled. It was my friend Grahams BLF; she does it sometimes but it never amounts to anything. I didn't take it up with Mr Idiot at the time, nor will I unless he makes some remark in future.

Eug