The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Angry White Men

Quote Originally Posted by alynn View Post
    You left out the biggest categories of recipients of government aid -- Medicare and social security. If aid is defined as folks getting more than they put into the system, then I guess those folks can't vote either. Have a good time with that.
    Nope. People paid in to SS and Medicare. I don't know about you but I doubt I'll ever get back more than I put in to these programs.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    To the O.P.

What does Skin color have to do with any of this???

Gooser
    Really ?? You have to ask ???

They are the ones driving the bus and ignoring or dismissing anyone that does not look, think or act like them. The Rush's, Beck's. Rove's are what I consider the problem ; AWM.

Many Black, Latino's and women would like to be heard by the GOP, but are instead sent to the back of the classroom. The mayor from Texas who spoke at the GOP convention was, IMO, a token gesture toward the Hispanic comunity. And that is a shame because he is a very sharp guy.

Gooser, most of the diatribe presented on this board is from AWM, and a reflection of the problem as I see it. The GOP needs to include everyone, not just the religous right, rich white guys and corporate America if they want a chance at helping us get out of this mess. There are a lot of sharp people out there that would enjoy a seat at the table.

Sex and Color Blind Regards

( and congrats on the job with the medical company )
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Approx 50% of the country voted against the Dems... I highly doubt all of those folks are white..

I bet many different skin colors are angry...

Remember,, the country is about evenly divided..

Both sides have a mandate.

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_c..._United_States

So,, Ya I had to ask....

Dr Walter Williams
    Dr.Condolesa Rice
    Herman Cain
    Michelle Malkin

Just a coulp of AMERICANS that are prolly angry..

Gooser
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 11-11-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

Gooser, I know more than the angry white guys voted GOP, but the party and many guys on here want no part of anyone that isn't a white male. Throw the females under the bus. Throw the college kids under the bus. Throw the minorities under the bus. Throw all immigrants under the bus. Throw all government workers under the bus. Throw all union workers under the bus. Throw all gays under the bus. You guys are running out of people to throw under your bus.

I know people in all those groups that voted GOP. The sad thing is my brother who is male, white, non immigrant, owns his own businesses, anti government, anti union, 100% straight, very religious voted third party. You do not think I'm good enough to be a Republican because I'm a women, but my brother did not think the boys the GOP put up were good enough to receive his vote.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    Gooser, I know more than the angry white guys voted GOP, but the party and many guys on here want no part of anyone that isn't a white male. Throw the females under the bus. Throw the college kids under the bus. Throw the minorities under the bus. Throw all immigrants under the bus. Throw all government workers under the bus. Throw all union workers under the bus. Throw all gays under the bus. You guys are running out of people to throw under your bus.

I know people in all those groups that voted GOP. The sad thing is my brother who is male, white, non immigrant, owns his own businesses, anti government, anti union, 100% straight, very religious voted third party. You do not think I'm good enough to be a Republican because I'm a women, but my brother did not think the boys the GOP put up were good enough to receive his vote.

Terri
    Well as a woman and a legal immigrant I don't think I have been thrown under the bus by the republican party. All I see from the dems is giving away for free things that have been worked hard for and earned by my family and me including the right to be in this country.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post

Terri
    Terri, I have to say that sounds to me like you have fallen for the media spin. I'm a life long Republican. Yet, in my small office I am the only white male which also includes a Puerto Rican male republican, and two females one white, one black. They are both democrats. We all get along well. We haven't thrown each other under the bus...

What I want to know is who the hell ever said any woman wasn't good enough to be a republican because they were a woman? Can you answer that specifically?

You keep saying we want to throw everyone under the bus, but you don't provide any examples...
    Bill Davis

This from the free republic web site:
    Will Gay Marriage Force Black Churches to Reconsider Democratic Party?
    Townhall.com ^| May 18, 2012 | Larry Elder
    Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 5:11:13 AM by
    Kaslin

President Obama's affirmation of gay marriage threatens to undermine the near-monolithic black support Obama enjoyed in 2008. Several members of the black clergy now say they intend to sit out the presidential election. One poll from last November found black opposition to gay marriage at 58 percent, higher than the rest of the country, which is about evenly split.
    The real question is this: What took black church leaders so long to reconsider their near blind support for the Democratic Party?
    The historical strength of black churches has been that of a moral and spiritual refuge in a once-hostile country of legalized slavery and Jim Crow. This explains why so many civil rights leaders came out of the church. The moral cause was just and clear: Equal rights mean equal rights -- for everyone.
    But equal rights and equal results are two very different things. The modern civil rights movement lost its way by failing to appreciate the difference. To achieve "equal results," the Democratic Party, among other things, demands redistribution of wealth, a government response to the "gap" between the rich and poor, higher minimum wages and higher taxes on the so-called rich.
    The Democratic Party opposes education vouchers, despite polls showing that black and Hispanic inner-city parents want them. The Democratic Party is the party of race-based preferences and also opposes privatization of Social Security.
    The Democratic Party is the party of the welfare state -- a neutron bomb dropped on the intact nuclear family. Author/editor/professor Marvin Olasky, in his book "The Tragedy of American Compassion," traces the growth of welfare. During a mere three-year period in the 1960s, welfare rolls increased nearly 110 percent. President Johnson established "neighborhood centers" whose workers went door-to-door, apprising people of their welfare "rights and benefits."
    Until the so-called "War on Poverty," the poverty rate declined steadily. At the turn of the century, nearly 70 percent of Americans were poor. But by the time of the "War on Poverty," the rate stood at approximately 13 or 14 percent. What happened? Welfare created dependency and decreased the incentive of the welfare recipient.
    The Heritage Foundation compared families on welfare versus families eligible for welfare but that, for one reason or another, refused to take it. The results were startling. Heritage reported: "Young women raised in families dependent on welfare are two to three times more likely to drop out and fail to graduate from high school than are young women of similar race and socioeconomic background not raised on welfare. Similarly, single mothers raised as children in families receiving welfare remain on AFDC longer as adult parents than do single mothers not raised in welfare families, even when all other social and economic variables are held constant."
    The Democratic Party is the party of Roe v. Wade, even though blacks are more pro-life than whites. Former President Jimmy Carter, a religious man who called himself "twice born," thought the Democratic Party made a tactical and moral error by embracing abortion-on-demand as a federal right guaranteed by the Constitution: "I never have believed that Jesus Christ would approve of abortions, and that was one of the problems I had when I was president, having to uphold Roe v. Wade. ... But except for the times when a mother's life is in danger or when a pregnancy is caused by rape or incest, I would certainly not and never have approved any abortions. ... My position on abortion ... is to minimize the need or requirement for abortion and limit it only to women whose (lives) are in danger or who are pregnant as a result of rape or incest. I think if the Democratic Party would adopt that policy, that would be acceptable to a lot of people who are now estranged from our party because of the abortion issue."
    The Democratic Party is the party of tax-the-rich. Never mind that Democratic Party icon President John Kennedy sounded downright trickle-downish when he said: "It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high today and tax revenues are too low -- and the soundest way to raise revenues in the long run is to cut rates now. The experience of a number of European countries has borne this out. This country's own experience with tax reductions in 1954 has borne this out, and the reason is that only full employment can balance the budget -- and tax reduction can pave the way to full employment. The purpose of cutting taxes now is not to incur a budgetary deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous expanding economy which will bring a budgetary surplus."
    The Democratic Party is the party of minimum wage. Nobel Laureate economist Milton Friedman said, "We regard the minimum wage as one of the most, if not the most, anti-black laws on the statute books."
    For all these reasons, having nothing to do with gay marriage, black churches should have broken with the Democratic Party long ago. Better late than never.

So,, You see some Blacks are in a quandry because of their Moral values,, and what has evolved of the equal "rights" into equa l" results" debate..

Minorities and MANY white folks that have become dependent on the government "Drug" of entitlements will most definatly vote to protect what they consider is their right... To recieve something for nothing in return..
    There are folks of all denominations that take advantage of this situation...
    They are addicted,, and those of us that support them to stay that way are enablers.

Those of us that want them to stay that way just so they can recieve their vote ,,, are criminals...

This is what will bring our country to in knees..

We need education. We need vouchers , so ALL people have a choice as to what schools their kids attend..
    Uneducated populace will NOT be able to compete in the future world economy..

To encourage dependency,, and mediocrity is enough to make any skin color angry.. Or at least it should be..

We need JOBS... we need ALL people back to work..

remember American Exceptionalisum?

Gooser
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 11-11-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    My comments in red above.

It's not voter suppression. If an individual cannot help support the country and live off those that do, they should not have a say in how the country is run. You and I are stockholders in this country and have a say in how it's run. Those on welfare are employees of this country getting paid a salary in the form of benefits for which they nothing in return and as such should have no say in how the company is run.

Pretty simple really.
    You and I agree on something. We pay the salaries of those recipients. I believe they should have to do something to earn it, not just make more babies to get a bigger check. The GOP did not give away freebies, but their narcissistic belief that because they have lots of money they can buy the election, was a slap in the face to the average working class person. People like me. BTW, I voted 3rd party.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    So,, you see,,YOU are ONE of the FEW that some of the past happenings hasnt effected , But in reality it has!!
    Down the road it definitely will, because of the debt this nation is accumulating..

Right now,, as far as YOU and YOUR personal situation is concerned its not a problem... BUT,, What about the folks who it has impacted??

I donít know your situation,, but if you are like MOST of US,, you prolly work for one a them evil RICH guys.
    If you look at history of other economies and countries,, if their system of government becomes so oppressive with regulation and taxation that it inhibits entrepreneurialism,, those entrepreneurs go elsewhere,, and YOU my friend are out of a job.,, and your COUNTRY is up the proverbial shit creek,, cause THEY (Entrpreneurs) pay for almost ALL the taxes, that pay for all the entitlements that those who WONT work get..

All of the above is meaningless, UNLESS of course,, you are one of the soulless that works for Government,, and you will sell your soul,, just to protect you cowardly hide, and your cushy job with huge benefits,, AGAIN that the evil RICH guy is payin for..

Mr Stark,, YOU are like the MANY,, that as long as it doesnít affect YOU directly,, then the rest of US,,, that it HAS effected,,, are having a bad case of tunnel vision and looking through blinders...

YOU are the one that needs to open your eyes and look around..
    Its Not about YOU!!! per sea.

JMHDAO

Againn... What specifically has happened with the Past election , that has you so optimistic,FOR THE FUTURE OF THE COUNTRY?
    One of the questions during the campaign was, "are YOUbetter off than you were 4 years ago? For me the answer is yes. Jesse Ventura answered that question this way,"Yes, because George Bush and Dick Cheney are no longer in office." Others may have encountered issues and I feel for them. I am just lucky I guess. Although during the previous administration I encountered issues, plant closure, couldn't find a job, lost my house. You see where I'm coming from?