The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Angry White Men

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I think I would agree, at least in principle, with your post. I would, however, say that the "fair" part of your comment on taxation is at least one point where things tend to break down. I am not sure that just because someone makes a lot of money, that money should be taxed at a higher rate than someone who earns less. Are the approximately 50% of the folks who pay NO income taxes paying their "fair share"? Should people who live off the largess of their fellow citizens have to perform some form of labor in order to obtain those benefits? (Something like the CCC, pick up trash along the highway, work on national park facilities, restore govt housing, etc.) (I'm not talking about the money we are really "entitled" to like social security). Should those folks have to submit to drug testing to get their benefits? I think that if the Dems would actually tie some entitlement conditions to tax increases, the republicans might see that as the spirit of cooperation, for instance.
    I think that there should be mandatory work to receive the benefits. If they are not willing to look for a job, then they should be forced to do community service to earn those checks.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Buying votes doesn't work. Look at the money spent by the "Conservatives" to buy the election. If both sides would've taken all that money they wasted trying to get elected, and put it toward the deficit, that would be a pretty good start. So much for "Conservative" spending. the right made the left look like penny pinchers. LOL

Your suggestion about the welfare, food stamps, etc., is nothing more than "Voter Suppression"
    wait a minute ? did the Dems get all the ads done for free? BOTH SIDES wasted a ton of money
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    wait a minute ? did the Dems get all the ads done for free? BOTH SIDES wasted a ton of money
    The Dems spent an obscene amount of money too. I was merely stating that both sides could've taken that money and put it toward the deficit, instead of trying to "buy" the election and sling mud, it could have done some good. Instead, all it did was further polarize this country. I am afraid that soon we will see "civil war" in this country again. Hopefully I am wrong.

The Dems spent an obscene amount of money too. I was merely stating that both sides could've taken that money and put it toward the deficit, instead of trying to "buy" the election and sling mud, it could have done some good. Instead, all it did was further polarize this country. I am afraid that soon we will see "civil war" in this country again. Hopefully I am wrong.
    unfortunately the embers of a "civil type war" have been smoldering for some time,if it were to happen it would be more of a have vs have nots or the OWS type crowd being brazen or empowered into thinking that they cant take what isnt rightfully theirs...Class warfare has already started...

the situation is the northeast NY/NJ is ripe for all heck breaking loose especially when people are all vying for heat,food,water,gas and shelter...wondering where all those FEMA trailers are at, just to give people a roof over their heads
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I am not celebrating anything. I am optimistic that I have a good job, good friends and family. I am one of the few that can and does say that I am better off now than 4 years ago. Sometimes I get dragged into the negativity, but I TRY to find something positive in every situation I encounter. I refuse to sit and dwell on all of the negative things in life. I just try to stay positive. some people are so focused on the negative that I can't imagine them enjoying anything.

So,, you see,,YOU are ONE of the FEW that some of the past happenings hasnt effected , But in reality it has!!
    Down the road it definitely will, because of the debt this nation is accumulating..

Right now,, as far as YOU and YOUR personal situation is concerned its not a problem... BUT,, What about the folks who it has impacted??

I don’t know your situation,, but if you are like MOST of US,, you prolly work for one a them evil RICH guys.
    If you look at history of other economies and countries,, if their system of government becomes so oppressive with regulation and taxation that it inhibits entrepreneurialism,, those entrepreneurs go elsewhere,, and YOU my friend are out of a job.,, and your COUNTRY is up the proverbial shit creek,, cause THEY (Entrpreneurs) pay for almost ALL the taxes, that pay for all the entitlements that those who WONT work get..

All of the above is meaningless, UNLESS of course,, you are one of the soulless that works for Government,, and you will sell your soul,, just to protect you cowardly hide, and your cushy job with huge benefits,, AGAIN that the evil RICH guy is payin for..

Mr Stark,, YOU are like the MANY,, that as long as it doesn’t affect YOU directly,, then the rest of US,,, that it HAS effected,,, are having a bad case of tunnel vision and looking through blinders...

YOU are the one that needs to open your eyes and look around..
    Its Not about YOU!!! per sea.

JMHDAO

Againn... What specifically has happened with the Past election , that has you so optimistic,FOR THE FUTURE OF THE COUNTRY?
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 11-11-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Buying votes doesn't work.It just did in part. Do you think that any welfare recipient who voted voted for Romney? Look at the money spent by the "Conservatives" to buy the election.Both parties spent stupid amounts of money on the campaign but the GOP did not buy votes by giving freebies to anyone. If both sides would've taken all that money they wasted trying to get elected, and put it toward the deficit, that would be a pretty good start. So much for "Conservative" spending. the right made the left look like penny pinchers. LOL

Your suggestion about the welfare, food stamps, etc., is nothing more than "Voter Suppression"[
    My comments in red above.

It's not voter suppression. If an individual cannot help support the country and live off those that do, they should not have a say in how the country is run. You and I are stockholders in this country and have a say in how it's run. Those on welfare are employees of this country getting paid a salary in the form of benefits for which they nothing in return and as such should have no say in how the company is run.

Pretty simple really.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Not a bad list. How about adding that no one can vote in an election until 3 years after they received their last form of welfare IE food stamps, public housing, medicaid, Obamaphones, etc. Our current system of allowing politicians to buy votes by allowing those on the public dole to vote is outrageous.

Let the bleeding hearts begin...
    You left out the biggest categories of recipients of government aid -- Medicare and social security. If aid is defined as folks getting more than they put into the system, then I guess those folks can't vote either. Have a good time with that.
    Coppertop's Captain Kirk CD MH WCX CCA VC (2004-2011) (Kirk)
    Gaylan's Roddenberry a la Mode SH WCX CCA (Kira)
    Top Flight's Cayuga Klingon SH, WCX (Worf)
    Coppertop's Trill of a Lifetime WC (Dax)

To the O.P.

What does Skin color have to do with any of this???

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I think I would agree, at least in principle, with your post. I would, however, say that the "fair" part of your comment on taxation is at least one point where things tend to break down. I would define "Fair share" as no special exemptions or a flat rate based system. I do not feel that anyone is above paying in in one form or another. Hiding income offshore hurts everyone and giving breaks to companies that refuse to invest at home should be stopped. I do think the Bush tax cuts need to be allowed to expire. The are benefitting a select few and are, IMO, unfair.I am not sure that just because someone makes a lot of money, that money should be taxed at a higher rate than someone who earns less. Are the approximately 50% of the folks who pay NO income taxes paying their "fair share"? Should people who live off the largess of their fellow citizens have to perform some form of labor in order to obtain those benefits? (Something like the CCC, pick up trash along the highway, work on national park facilities, restore govt housing, etc.) We tried that in MN and the courts intervened. I think it only fair and a very good idea. The CCC and WPA would be very good models. Many good ,skilled jobs were learned in those programs. I also believe in time limits to aid. Generational welfare is a curse and something needs to change. Having to work at some type of job for benefits might foster a new work attitude in some. I just about puke when I see folks on aid with teh new phone or $$nails. Not what the aid should be about.(I'm not talking about the money we are really "entitled" to like social security). Should those folks have to submit to drug testing to get their benefits? I think that if the Dems would actually tie some entitlement conditions to tax increases, the republicans might see that as the spirit of cooperation, for instance.

It is a continuing shame that social issues like gay marriage and class warfare distract our once (and possibly still) great nation from the real issues like fiscal responsibility and individual freedom.
    Build a Better System Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

You just validated every one of his points. You are angry and in no way, shape or form are you willing to work as a team to find resolutions that is best for everybody. Take your blinders off and lose the tunnel vision and you might be able to find some happiness in life instead of focusing on gloom and doom.
    Yes you did validate your point! Funny how he and a few others are now playing the victim card.

Like you, I too am better off than I was 4 years ago though nothing to do with who is in the White House. It is about taking responsibility for one's own action so, it is pretty funny to read how the far righties are playing the victim card.

The Dems will always use issues of personal freedom against the far righties because they are such easy targets and it is so easy to sidetrack them. And, you know a couple of Repub politicians are always going to say something rediculous that the press will jump all over. Not that them Dems don't say anything stupid, it is just the Repubs are always attacking the wrong isues.

Don't like gay marriage? Then don't have one.
    Don't like abortion, then don't get one.
    A truely free people should have those choices and whether they are legal or not should be left up to the individual states.

P S

In regards to taxes, all tax payers are paying way too much! Blame it on the Dems and Repubs for spending insanity and poor domestic, foreign, monetary, energy, education, immigration and drug policies.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-11-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge