The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 72

Thread: Angry White Men

  1. #31
    Senior Member Terri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Bill, I have not even been able to watch T.V., expect football and a program about dooms day survivors since the election because I do not want to hear the left cheer. My example can be found in another thread here on RTF put up by Uncle Bill. It named all the groups I have listed above as the reason this nation is going down the toilet. The author of his post made it out as though only white guys had nothing to do with the results of the election. Then Marvin had to make his correction, which was adding more salt. I voted republican, my daughters, one a state working the other a college student voted republican. My son a college student and a city worker voted republican. My husband a state worker/small businesses owner/teacher voted republican. My mother a retired federal worker voted republican. While my own brother voted third party.

    Some people work for the government because that was the only job available. My son started teaching swim learns and being a lifeguard at 14 year old. Not too many good jobs for kids that age. He likes his job and at 23 years old he is now the manager of the city pool he started working at all those years ago. My daughter graduated from law school and she applied for many jobs and took the first job offered because she has bills to pay. She is a securities investigator for the state. Helping the victims of investment fraud, not making anywhere near the money she would if she was on the other side of the fence. My husband also took the first job offered to him when he graduated with a masters in Civil Engineering. We did not go home to mom and dad. He got a job to pay our bills. He likes the projects he works on, but he has had to take on a part time teaching job and start a small business to pay for our kids to have braces and go to college. Then I hear some old guys putting this mess in our lap when I'm sick to death about the reelection of a socialist. My brother keeps telling me to stop holding my noise and voting for a group that does not care about my money, let alone my values. When he kept talking to me about the election I was glad he lived in another state, but now I'm really glad he lives in another state because I think he might be right and I would have punched him for no good reason.

    Luvmylabs, I'm glad to hear that you do not feel like anyone is throwing you under the bus.

    Terri

  2. #32
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,207

    Default

    Mr Stark!!

    Again! since you say you are so optimistic,, and Guys like me are Angry old Dinosaurs,,,

    Againn... What specifically has happened with the Past election , that has you so optimistic,FOR THE FUTURE OF THE COUNTRY?

    Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  3. #33
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    Bill, I have not even been able to watch T.V., expect football and a program about dooms day survivors since the election because I do not want to hear the left cheer. My example can be found in another thread here on RTF put up by Uncle Bill. It named all the groups I have listed above as the reason this nation is going down the toilet. The author of his post made it out as though only white guys had nothing to do with the results of the election. Then Marvin had to make his correction, which was adding more salt. I voted republican, my daughters, one a state working the other a college student voted republican. My son a college student and a city worker voted republican. My husband a state worker/small businesses owner/teacher voted republican. My mother a retired federal worker voted republican. While my own brother voted third party.

    Some people work for the government because that was the only job available. My son started teaching swim learns and being a lifeguard at 14 year old. Not too many good jobs for kids that age. He likes his job and at 23 years old he is now the manager of the city pool he started working at all those years ago. My daughter graduated from law school and she applied for many jobs and took the first job offered because she has bills to pay. She is a securities investigator for the state. Helping the victims of investment fraud, not making anywhere near the money she would if she was on the other side of the fence. My husband also took the first job offered to him when he graduated with a masters in Civil Engineering. We did not go home to mom and dad. He got a job to pay our bills. He likes the projects he works on, but he has had to take on a part time teaching job and start a small business to pay for our kids to have braces and go to college. Then I hear some old guys putting this mess in our lap when I'm sick to death about the reelection of a socialist. My brother keeps telling me to stop holding my noise and voting for a group that does not care about my money, let alone my values. When he kept talking to me about the election I was glad he lived in another state, but now I'm really glad he lives in another state because I think he might be right and I would have punched him for no good reason.

    Luvmylabs, I'm glad to hear that you do not feel like anyone is throwing you under the bus.

    Terri
    Terri, thank you for your reply. It sounds to me like you and your husband have done one heck of a job raising your kids. They are doing the best they can and hurray for them!! I would be very proud of them if they were my kids. I think you are in the same boat as my wife and I are in with the frustration over the election. There are millions of us who feel the same. But I really don't feel that now is the time for lifelong conservatives to abandon their beliefs... It is natural to have doubts... And we will have plenty especially with the media and the libs piling on and gloating in the short term. But they will over reach like they always do and we will come back by the mid-terms... Then we just have to focus on 2016. Heck, it was just 2008 when all the pundits said the republicans were history, then we blew them out in 2010.
    Bill Davis

  4. #34
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    Gooser, I know more than the angry white guys voted GOP, but the party and many guys on here want no part of anyone that isn't a white male. Throw the females under the bus. Throw the college kids under the bus. Throw the minorities under the bus. Throw all immigrants under the bus. Throw all government workers under the bus. Throw all union workers under the bus. Throw all gays under the bus. You guys are running out of people to throw under your bus.

    I know people in all those groups that voted GOP. The sad thing is my brother who is male, white, non immigrant, owns his own businesses, anti government, anti union, 100% straight, very religious voted third party. You do not think I'm good enough to be a Republican because I'm a women, but my brother did not think the boys the GOP put up were good enough to receive his vote.

    Terri
    Terri
    This is just my OPINION.

    I beleive this election was an election whos main Importance was Fiscal resposiblity//

    Our Government,, and many other Governments around the WORLD just cant afford the debt their particular country is accumulating..

    We had a chioce of two very different parties.
    1 of them has a Platform to grow government,, and increase entitlements. iNCREASE TAXES.

    the other party platform is Less government and cut spending and reduce taxation..

    While I dont agree with ALL of what the latter partys platform preaches,, They speak best out of the 2 realistic choices for me.

    I didnt want to use a vote of loyalty to a thrid party, thus taking my vote our of one of the realistic parties pocket,, and throw it away, thus giving my vote to the other party (Dem) in return.

    We have had presidents in the Past that debated both sides of RoeVs Wade.. Nothing has changed..
    I dont think anything would have changed this time either,, even though Romney said the things he believes..
    He would NOT have been KING just as OBAMA isnt...

    I do not think you are NOTgood enough to be a republican because you are a woman..The woman I married is a republican and she told me on several occations how Lucky I was that I did as I was told,, and Married her.. She is a very good republican.

    By the way... She makes me buy my OWN birth controll "~

    I think there are many republican women who feel "Good Enough" to be republican,, and I just bet the Husbands, Boyfriends, Fathers,, and Mothers, agree.
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 11-11-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  5. #35
    Senior Member Terri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Bill and Gooser, I think the GOP let some people pull them off message, this election should have been all about the economy. Some started eating their own and the feasting has not ended, yet. Hopefully the blame game will end soon and we can start working on ways to highlight the need for a productive America over a gimme my free stuff society. Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a life time. This is the message that comes to mind. May we all live through the bleeding from more taxes being taken out of our pockets and put in the hands of big spenders. We only have two years to come up with a plan and it better be something great that can excite more people to vote for a strong America, not one hanging on the edge of the cliff of financial disaster.
    Terri

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    Then Marvin had to make his correction, which was adding more salt. I voted republican, my daughters, one a state working the other a college student voted republican. Terri
    Terri - you make no mention of where you live in your avatar - I live in WA & am & have been very active in politics - I have a very good idea of what I talk about .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  7. #37
    Senior Member PamK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    374

    Default

    [QUOTE]You keep saying we want to throw everyone under the bus, but you don't provide any examples... [QUOTE]

    And what type of medical exams are males required to have? Can you list one that a state government requires for males?
    It always astounds me when Repubs say they are for less regulation and then pass laws requiring more regulations and more spending.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

  8. #38
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Really ?? You have to ask ???

    They are the ones driving the bus and ignoring or dismissing anyone that does not look, think or act like them. The Rush's, Beck's. Rove's are what I consider the problem ; AWM.

    Many Black, Latino's and women would like to be heard by the GOP, but are instead sent to the back of the classroom. The mayor from Texas who spoke at the GOP convention was, IMO, a token gesture toward the Hispanic comunity. And that is a shame because he is a very sharp guy.

    Gooser, most of the diatribe presented on this board is from AWM, and a reflection of the problem as I see it. The GOP needs to include everyone, not just the religous right, rich white guys and corporate America if they want a chance at helping us get out of this mess. There are a lot of sharp people out there that would enjoy a seat at the table.

    Sex and Color Blind Regards

    ( and congrats on the job with the medical company )


    Here are a couple angry folks.

    The only posts here that seem "angry" are the OP's.
    Stan b & Elvis

  9. #39
    Senior Member cotts135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Watertown NY
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Not a bad list. How about adding that no one can vote in an election until 3 years after they received their last form of welfare IE food stamps, public housing, medicaid, Obamaphones, etc. Our current system of allowing politicians to buy votes by allowing those on the public dole to vote is outrageous.

    Let the bleeding hearts begin...
    Ok, but let's make it fair. Any corporation receiving a subsidy or is using a tax loophole created by our politicians must have.some constitutional protected right revoked also.
    Last edited by cotts135; 11-12-2012 at 10:20 AM.

  10. #40
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Ok, but let's make it fair. Any corporation receiving a subsidy or is using a tax loophole created by our politicians must immediately have their right to vote revoked.
    How many corporations vote?
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •