The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Angry White Men

I am an angry white woman.
    And it's not over the issues like gay marriage or abortion. Those honestly have no impact on who I vote for. It's over the economy, and the welfare state that we have become. It's over the amount of taxes I have to pay because, stupid me, I work for a living rather than living off the system. It's because people can get a free phone and 250 free minutes and I pay for mine. It's because people in the line ahead of me in the grocery store are buying expensive items with their "link card", which you can get without any proof of lack of income. It's because people avoid getting married in order to collect money for each child, and then laugh in our faces and tell us we don't know how to "play the system". It's because people collect free child medical care and then can afford to spend $150 on a hair cut/treatment. It's because people can collect unemployment for long periods of time when they are not *really* looking for a job. It's because the schools in this area just keep sucking more and more money from the tax payers so the kids can have dance studios, rock climbing walls, and more with no accountability for how the money is being spent. It's because I worked my a$$ off 80-100 hours a week to build a business from the ground up, investing every (post tax) dime I had in it and a lot I didn't have, and now if I go to sell it I will owe the government 25% of everything I busted my butt for so they can finance still more of these programs.
    I'm angry because in this stupid area they managed to overwhelmingly re-elect a politician who has been on medical leave for almost 6 months and is currently under federal indictment for extortion, and it was a "race related" election result.
    I'm angry because no one asked how much Air Force One was costing the tax payers during the campaigning, at some obscene amount like $150,000 per hour (not including security costs).
    The list goes on and on and on.
    Yes, I am very angry. I don't plan to "get on board". I plan to stay angry. And I hope enough other AWW and AWM will stay angry, too, to keep the current administration from enacting still more of their expensive schemes that only benefit 47%. I am not one of the 47%.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Here are a couple angry folks.

The only posts here that seem "angry" are the OP's.

Funny. I was thinking about putting a few pictures of angry white men here too. You forgot Joe Biden,Harry Reid,Ed Schultz,Alan Grayson,Chris Matthews,David Letterman,Larry O'Donnel,.....too many to mention. I guess it's only bad to be angry if you disagree with a liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by hotel4dogs View Post
    And it's not over the issues like gay marriage or abortion. Those honestly have no impact on who I vote for. It's over the economy, and the welfare state that we have become. It's over the amount of taxes I have to pay because, stupid me, I work for a living rather than living off the system. It's because people can get a free phone and 250 free minutes and I pay for mine. It's because people in the line ahead of me in the grocery store are buying expensive items with their "link card", which you can get without any proof of lack of income. It's because people avoid getting married in order to collect money for each child, and then laugh in our faces and tell us we don't know how to "play the system". It's because people collect free child medical care and then can afford to spend $150 on a hair cut/treatment. It's because people can collect unemployment for long periods of time when they are not *really* looking for a job. It's because the schools in this area just keep sucking more and more money from the tax payers so the kids can have dance studios, rock climbing walls, and more with no accountability for how the money is being spent. It's because I worked my a$$ off 80-100 hours a week to build a business from the ground up, investing every (post tax) dime I had in it and a lot I didn't have, and now if I go to sell it I will owe the government 25% of everything I busted my butt for so they can finance still more of these programs.
    I'm angry because in this stupid area they managed to overwhelmingly re-elect a politician who has been on medical leave for almost 6 months and is currently under federal indictment for extortion, and it was a "race related" election result.
    I'm angry because no one asked how much Air Force One was costing the tax payers during the campaigning, at some obscene amount like $150,000 per hour (not including security costs).
    Yes, I am very angry. I don't plan to "get on board". I plan to stay angry. And I hope enough other AWW and AWM will stay angry, too, to keep the current administration from enacting still more of their expensive schemes that only benefit 47%. I am not one of the 47%.
    Right on............
    Bill Davis

[The only posts here that seem "angry" are the OP's.[/QUOTE]

I would have expected better from you Stan.

You confuse dissapointment with anger and, like many, refuse to even think that the attitude fostered by the RNC is out of tune with a majority of party faithful, but rather driven by a select few who work to limit everyones liberties, while pushing a more restrictive, morality controlling agenda. They continue to work to restrict the rights of others, making those issues the corner stone of the platform. We do not need the goverment telling us what our values should be. They are learned at home.

The country has changed and will continue to change and if the RNC doesn't adapt, they do not stand a chance of remaining the Grand Old Party.

Step into the Light Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    I would have expected better from you Stan.
    Don't be too disappointed!!!

You confuse dissapointment with anger and, like many, refuse to even think that the attitude fostered by the RNC is out of tune with a majority of party faithful, but rather driven by a select few who work to limit everyones liberties, while pushing a more restrictive, morality controlling agenda. They continue to work to restrict the rights of others, making those issues the corner stone of the platform. We do not need the goverment telling us what our values should be. They are learned at home.
    If you voted for Obama or 3rd party, you are anything BUT faithful!

The country has changed and will continue to change and if the RNC doesn't adapt, they do not stand a chance of remaining the Grand Old Party.
    The country has not changed, the secular progressives have hi-jacked it.

Step into the Light Regards
    Maybe YOU are confused!!??!!??

I don't much care for the progressive light.
    Last edited by road kill; 11-12-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

I have said it before... Anytime the libs are telling the right what they should do because that is "what is best for them".... you just have to ask yourself why would the libs care if the the right went down the drain. The lefties are giving us all of this sanctimonious advice on what we need to do... If you were really that concerned about us, you would have given us the advice before the election... and maybe even voted for a few of our candidates... But you didn't so it's all bull in the first place. Politics is a tough game... thats just the way it is... you won the battle, but the war is never ending. We will be back. So keep your advice, see you at the polls in the mid-terms.
    Bill Davis

How many corporations vote?
    Got me

I edited the original

Need to proofread a little better before hitting send

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Got me

I edited the original

Need to proofread a little better before hitting send
    Nah, just razzing you.

I don't think there should be any economic barriers to vote.
    I knew some people who had no cash, some of the richest folks I ever met.
    No education barriers to vote.
    I knew some folks that never got past the 5th grade, smartest people I ever knew of.

But I will admit, there were some that voted that maybe shouldn't have.
    Not sure they knew what day it was, let alone who they voted for.

Maybe a drug test to vote??

Oh, wait, that's a liberty now!
    Last edited by road kill; 11-12-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

How many corporations vote?
    I laughed when I read this and then I remembered the d$mn lobbyist in Washington swaying votes and got mad again. The razz was a good one though.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by hotel4dogs View Post
    Exactly...........
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl