The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: Angry White Men

  1. #51
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Bob View Post
    Funny. I was thinking about putting a few pictures of angry white men here too. You forgot Joe Biden,Harry Reid,Ed Schultz,Alan Grayson,Chris Matthews,David Letterman,Larry O'Donnel,.....too many to mention. I guess it's only bad to be angry if you disagree with a liberal.
    Exactly right...

    still the best avatar on RTF...
    Bill Davis

  2. #52
    Senior Member Illinois Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    [QUOTE=Golddogs;1032591}

    We do not need the goverment telling us what our values should be. They are learned at home.

    [/QUOTE]


    When is that going to start?



    huntinmann,that's an old photo in my avatar.she has since taught me to line up correctly where she wants me to be.

  3. #53
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I think that there should be mandatory work to receive the benefits. If they are not willing to look for a job, then they should be forced to do community service to earn those checks.
    They will, however, have to fight the unions on that.

    Example: Locally, here in my area, a group of Boy Scouts proposed a project to clean up a particular public parkland that the city did not have the manpower to keep up with. The union went up in arms because the Scouts would be interfering with work the union workers should get paid to do. The only thing that pulled the Scouts out of the hot water, and got the park cleaned up, was the justifiable public outrage at the union's stupidity. The city didn't then (and doesn't now) have the funds to hire any more workers to do all that needs doing ... without citizens volunteering the park land would still be a trash heap.

    Sort of like the Alabama utility workers being turned away from NJ because they were non-union.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  4. #54
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    They will, however, have to fight the unions on that.

    Example: Locally, here in my area, a group of Boy Scouts proposed a project to clean up a particular public parkland that the city did not have the manpower to keep up with. The union went up in arms because the Scouts would be interfering with work the union workers should get paid to do. The only thing that pulled the Scouts out of the hot water, and got the park cleaned up, was the justifiable public outrage at the union's stupidity. The city didn't then (and doesn't now) have the funds to hire any more workers to do all that needs doing ... without citizens volunteering the park land would still be a trash heap.

    Sort of like the Alabama utility workers being turned away from NJ because they were non-union.
    Haven't been paying enough attention to the news to know if those folks have power yet or not. (hope not)
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  5. #55
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,942

    Default

    Well, after scanning quickly through this thread, it's clear that you all are angry...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Mr Stark!!

    Again! since you say you are so optimistic,, and Guys like me are Angry old Dinosaurs,,,

    Againn... What specifically has happened with the Past election , that has you so optimistic,FOR THE FUTURE OF THE COUNTRY?

    Gooser
    I have said it before and I will say it again just for clarification. I live for today and make the most of everyday I am here. I don't worry about retiring because I will continue to work until the day I die. I've seen many people put off things they could do today until they retire. shortly after retirement, they pass on. then their family fights about the money and belongings. They really got to enjoy their retirement huh?

  7. #57
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    2,177

    Default

    angry white men? angry white men? angry white men?

    let us examine the fact that in national elections:

    blacks and black men historically vote ~84% for anyone with a (d) behind their name. they vote >90% for any black man with a (d) behind their name.

    i grew up in the rural south with arfican americans as a high percentage of my school mates, i have lived in some of the most diverse cities in the country, i live in a very sucessfully integrated southern small town. even now occasionally i still go to the park and play basketball with friends and neighbors. one thing i can tell you from near 50 years of constant observation is that the opinions of african americans are as diverse as any other demographic group......until election day.

    hispanic men seem to vote ~74% for anyone with a (d) behind their name. i work with and employ hispanic workers today. in my interaction and observation of hispanics as a demographic group i see varied opinions and values.....until election day.

    white women seem to vote~56% for anyone with a (d) behind their name. i spoke in agreement with memmon in a thread two months ago about what this demographic group was going to do in this immediate past election. and guess what?

    young people......?

    now poor little old, hard working, white guys line up and vote together at a rate of about ~54% behind a republican candidate. these men lose and say: don't tax the wealthy....they buy my products......i intend to be wealthy some day......you take the rewards of my work and pass it out as earned income tax credit......you spend money you don't have.......blah blah blah. they say this and they are called angry?

    there are in fact plenty of angry demographic groups of voters. they all stick together in their voting regardless of their diverse values or the real issues at hand. in my opinion white men appear to be the least angry group. if they are angry they have a dang funny way of displaying it on election day.
    john mccallie

  8. #58
    Senior Member JS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Well, after scanning quickly through this thread, it's clear that you all are angry...
    For me, I hope they stay angry and keep their collective heads right where they are!

    Can you say, "Hillary - 2016".

    Welcome back, Bill regards,

    JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

    Real Americans buy American.



    Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    How many corporations vote?
    Romney said that corporations are people.

  10. #60
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Romney said that corporations are people.
    So are ten year olds, but they don't vote. Now I'm not saying that corporations ARE people, but just being people is NOT enough to vote.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •