The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pet plan--ccl injury restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by claimsadj View Post
    If operating on a good knee, or one that has not yet had an issue excludes it from ccl coverage in the future. That's the question i have. The answer to that would determine whether or not it is worth to have both done at once IMO.
    What injury are you concerned about covering in the future on the good knee that might have preventive surgery?

If the preventive surgery might be construed to have contributed in some way to a later injury in the knee...then I suspect the insurance company would consider it to be a pre-existing injury and would not cover it.

By the way, I think Ted has gone the extra mile to share his experience and the info he has. I would certainly be grateful and appreciative of the responses he has provided if I had a dog in a situation similar to yours.
    Last edited by jeff t.; 11-12-2012 at 10:11 AM.
    Jeff Telander
    Durham, NC

FC AFC CT Broad Reach Devil Made Me Doit CD "Sinner"

Forever in my heart
    OTCh Broad Reach Diesel TD MH UDX2***
    CH Broad Reach Gripper UD MH
    OTCh R Labs Darth Wader TD JH
    OTCh Teracroft Topaz TD JH

I was curious if any injury would be covered on the good knee that had preventitive surgery. Per petplan if the good knee is operated on then it is excluded from any injury coverage down the road. I appreciate Ted's taking the time to provide the info he has, it has given me tons to consider and has been very good info. Sometimes you come accross like your being rude over the internet, people who know me would tell you thats not me at all. Tone and inflection are impossible on a computer. Thanks for all the help--surgery is later today.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff t. View Post
    What injury are you concerned about covering in the future on the good knee that might have preventive surgery?

If the preventive surgery might be construed to have contributed in some way to a later injury in the knee...then I suspect the insurance company would consider it to be a pre-existing injury and would not cover it.

By the way, I think Ted has gone the extra mile to share his experience and the info he has. I would certainly be grateful and appreciative of the responses he has provided if I had a dog in a situation similar to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff t. View Post

This would be correct. And, BTW, your policy documents are on the website. Just sign in to your account.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by claimsadj View Post
    Per petplan if the good knee is operated on then it is excluded from any injury coverage down the road.
    That is what I expected. After all, the surgery certainly would "injure", then repair the structure of the good knee..making it a pre-existing injury. I hope the surgery and the rehab goes well. Which cruciate repair procedure is being performed today?
    Jeff Telander
    Durham, NC

FC AFC CT Broad Reach Devil Made Me Doit CD "Sinner"

Forever in my heart
    OTCh Broad Reach Diesel TD MH UDX2***
    CH Broad Reach Gripper UD MH
    OTCh R Labs Darth Wader TD JH
    OTCh Teracroft Topaz TD JH

I've done that I just couldn't find anything that addressed this directly. There site is pretty user friendly btw. Jeff, were having the TPLO procedure done.
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    This would be correct. And, BTW, your policy documents are on the website. Just sign in to your account.

OK you got off a tangent about an unlikely hypothetical.
    ? Is PetPlan covering the TPLO surgery on the injured knee or not?
    If yes, you said $'s an issue and you plan to take dog to work and rehab him on truck right? That's not good.
    Instead of worrying about the good leg I would worry about proper rehab after the tplo.
    If PetPlan is in fact covering TPLO they will also cover a good amount of the rehab.
    If PetPlan is not covering anything then oh well......
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

No. He wasn't insured at the time. Of course they aren't covering it. I can't afford to leave the dog for rehab at the price they charge per day. Per Dr Milton he rarely ever sees anyone who leaves their dog somewhere for rehab. It's no problem to do yourself according to him. I'll consult with dr Milton about rehab concerns an what he suggests I'll do.

Fwiw he will be on crest for good amount of time initially regardless. Whether he is in a crate at home or in my vehicle is irrelevant to me. At least if he is with me we can get our leash walks and exercises in and keep him on a more stable schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    OK you got off a tangent about an unlikely hypothetical.
    ? Is PetPlan covering the TPLO surgery on the injured knee or not?
    If yes, you said $'s an issue and you plan to take dog to work and rehab him on truck right? That's not good.
    Instead of worrying about the good leg I would worry about proper rehab after the tplo.
    If PetPlan is in fact covering TPLO they will also cover a good amount of the rehab.
    If PetPlan is not covering anything then oh well......