The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61

Thread: Voter fraud

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Thanks for adding nothing of substance to the discussion.

    Right, anyone can just mail in a ballot and it will be counted no questions asked. Do you really believe this? That voting officials and the Secretary of State have no concerns about getting an honest vote. If you would care to spend a couple minutes actually investigating how this is done rather than just believing what the right wing entertainment media feeds you, you can look at https://wei.sos.wa.gov/agency/osos/e...e_by_mail.aspx .
    Based on the facts, your understanding of the process is entirely wrong. Your original statement also said that states are moving to purely mail in voting. I found no evidence of this on either Secretary of State website. I did find that they went this way in a special election for one position once or twice and saved the taxpayers millions of dollars in the process. I could not readily find statistics on the percentage of mail in ballot for either state or for “absentee” ballots. Maybe you can find them and send the link?


    You posted preliminary results for one county in Allen West’s district. After several legal actions and a SOS investigation, Allen West lost and conceded after the recount showed him losing by even more votes than the original count http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/84017.html

    I have no idea of the context of the quote you tried to post.

    Regarding the Romney numbers in PA precincts I would refer you to this article from a right winger http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/rom...hia-precincts/ Like you, I did not look for the actual data to confirm this story, but if this is the case, don’t you think a Republican that voted for Romney in one of these precincts could easily bring up that he/she cast his/her vote and it was not recorded? Seems like a pretty easy way for someone to confirm voter fraud. I wonder why this did not occur? Did you know that Obama received no votes in some Utah precincts? Does this raise the same level of concern?

    Are there cases of voter fraud each election year, sure, by members of both parties; however, all legitimate research on this clearly shows very very little occurs and these actions are of no consequence to any election outcome. Are there errors in counting every year, sure. Neither fraud nor errors are exclusive to one party or another.

    One of my favorite factual stories from the last election is the one where the Republican was trying to prove how easy it was to commit voter fraud and was caught and convicted (plead it out). http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2566297.html

    Here are some good reports on the myth.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwasi...tic-deception/
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...0_percent.html
    http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...count-petition
    http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...9fa_fact_mayer

    With all the right wing propoganda on this issue in two national elections, you would think there would be more evidence than just a handful of cases by now. Why is this not the case?


    Nice attempt at a diversion Marvin. You are right, the scientific community has reached consensus on both climate change and voter fraud. The evidence confirms that climate change is occurring and will likely have serious consequences and that voter fraud is a very minor issue that has never affected the outcome of an election. Yes, as expected you made reference to all those darn gooberment and university scientists making all kinds of money on the climate change scam. Can you send me evidence of this that does not originate on a koch brothers funded website? Yes, I totally agree that you should follow the money on the science behind climate change. Guess where that trail will lead you? Researchers studying the atmosphere or the people who make money from burning fossil fuels? Are you slipping?. You failed to also say something about highly paid gooberment union workers.

    Regarding mail in voting, this was not clear on your SOS website. How many other counties were also forced? All of them in the state as the other guy suggests? You really need to ask your legislators why they did this. These duly elected officials must have had a reason. I presume to save money. Is there fraud because of this process or are you just unhappy about it? This topic is about fraud and your supporter suggested that all you did was mail in a ballot and anyone can do whatever they want. Is this the case?

    Even you must admit that voter fraud of any consequence is a myth that stirs the right wing base as evidenced by this thread and recent posts. Another boogeyman that does not exist. Fine by me, it makes for entertaining reading and distracts the party from searching for real solutions to losing elections. The country would be better off if we all focused more on the real challenges than the ones made up for political posturing.

    I’ll just go away now since as you have said “I always leave when I no longer have the upper hand”.

    Have a great weekend.
    Henry V, with all due respect, let me give you a personal experience. I built a house in 2004 that was in a different county than I had resided. It only took a utility bill and a driver's license to register. Even though I lived in a different county, I lived in the same congressional district and I guarantee you that I could have voted twice had I chosen. Having an address and utilities at my farm, I guarantee you that I could also register to vote here. It is also in a different conty but also in a different congressional district. It would be easy for me to' vote 3 times and as far as that for my son to do so also. On the other side of the coin, let's consider the homeless. Do you think they should be allowed to vote. In what district and how is it to be verified? Just asking.

    As to Phillidelphia, 2 precints had 100% vote for Obama with over 18,000 votes. You asked that if someone voted for Romney would they have not have complained. I wonder is over 18,000 people voted for Obama AND NOT ONE MADE A MISTAKE!!! Amazing.

    You claim it is not a problem. Let me ask you a question. As a percentage of the total vehicles on the highway, speeders and drunk drivers are relatively small. Do you think that would be so were there not troopers patroling the roads?

    For the life of me, I can not undeerstand the objection of having voter verification by anyone. the only conclusion I can come to, is that some want those who are too lazy to register, and those who could care less who is elected, VOTE. Those people are those I would consider to be most willing to sell their vote.

  2. #52
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,959

    Default

    Henry, I must admit. You have one really good set of blinders. You are so committed to your left wing ideals, you wouldn't know reality of it walked up up and smacked you in the face. WA state is known for its voter fraud. Any dunce could spend five minutes researching and find plenty of examples.

    Having lived there, I am very familiar with the problems out there. Marvin lives there, he is familiar with the problems. You just have to be a total kool aid drinker to say voter fraud is a Myth. Ever hear of Acorn?
    Bill Davis

  3. #53
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,869

    Default

    http://townhall.com/columnists/rober...5668/page/full
    Voter fraud cases in MS. This is really non-partisan since one of the counties seems to be R-leaning and the other D-leaning. Each county has more registered voters than the census indicates there should be on the voter registration rolls.

    These are both rather small counties (population 15,000 in one; 12,000 in the other), so I'd guess local poll workers probably know who died recently. In large cities, the problem is likely magnified.

    It occurs to me ... when a registered voter dies, what is the process for notifying their polling place? Is there such a process? Or do they just depend on the fact that the dead person won't show up. Here in PA, if you miss two consecutive elections, you must re-register. That would take care of the people who die. In large cities, if an apartment dweller moves from one address to another, is it possible that they could actually vote at their old address and their new one as well (if they were inclined to voter fraud)?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  4. #54
    Senior Member twall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    It occurs to me ... when a registered voter dies, what is the process for notifying their polling place? Is there such a process? Or do they just depend on the fact that the dead person won't show up. Here in PA, if you miss two consecutive elections, you must re-register. That would take care of the people who die. In large cities, if an apartment dweller moves from one address to another, is it possible that they could actually vote at their old address and their new one as well (if they were inclined to voter fraud)?
    Gerry,

    You are assuming that person doesn't vote after they die!

    Tom
    Tom Wall

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    2,907

    Default

    Henry-

    Here are a couple more reports.

    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=92510441

    Perry County, AL has something of a history of this. This report is by NPR no less. Then, another report shows that Perry Count has more registered voters than they have people per the census. Of course, other counties were included too, namely Conecuh, Greene, Lowndes, Washington and Wilcox in addition to Perry. Note, that all are Democratic counties.

    http://www.al.com/opinion/press-regi...4160274420.xml
    http://dothanfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=229792
    http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/articl...NEWS/121029939 (Oops...another Alabama county, Hale county)

    A further study is written by J Christian Addams and is titled Injustice: Exposing the Racial Agenda of the Obama Administration. Mr. Adams worked in the section that handled the voter fraud cases in the Dept. of Justice. He is perhaps the most authoritative source on the problem. It's a good book. If you are truly interested in voter fraud issues, you ought to read it.

    Need I go on. Voter fraud exists in Alabama.
    Last edited by Eric Johnson; 05-05-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    Eric

    WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

  6. #56
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Gerry,

    You are assuming that person doesn't vote after they die!

    Tom
    They don't if they are Republican!
    Bill Davis

  7. #57
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    880

    Default

    I've read posts on here in the past from some of the liberals that assured us that voter fraud was as ficticious as the Easter Bunny; however, it appears (as it always has) that this urban legend does infact exist.

  8. #58
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Gerry,

    You are assuming that person doesn't vote after they die!

    Tom
    Good point!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  9. #59
    Senior Member twall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,119

    Default

    As a post script: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...est=latestnews

    At least she is paying for her crime. It is still surprising how bold she is. I don't think it has occurred to her how she has attacked the integrity of the system.

    Tom
    Tom Wall

  10. #60
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    As a post script: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...est=latestnews

    At least she is paying for her crime. It is still surprising how bold she is. I don't think it has occurred to her how she has attacked the integrity of the system.

    Tom
    That is the greatest sadness, Tom, that our educational system has totally failed to have her understand what it means for every voter to get just one vote. What would she say if others did what she did to make Romney win?

    The article mentions that "several dozen" cases are being investigated in Hamilton County alone. We know about the Philadelphia precincts that registered not a single vote for Romney. We also have not heard more about the disparities in registration v. votes cast in Allen West's district in FL.

    Do we really think that there is no significant voter fraud? Just like we thought that the IRS was supposed to be apolitical?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •