The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Voter fraud

The fellas in Indiana have been convicted of forging signatures on the petitions that put Obama and Clinton on the primary ballots. In the case of Clinton, there might still have been enough signatures (without the forgeries) to get her on the ballot. In the case of Obama, that might appear not to have been the case.

In the investigation, even the former Dem governor of Indiana averred that his signature had been forged.

Not being on the Indiana primary ballot might not have made a difference in the ultimate election. However, it occurs to me that if this happened in IN, is it not credible that there were other instances like this throughout the country? IL and Chicago come to mind, of course. Then there are places like CA, NY, and others that could easily have had similar instances.

It is absolutely possible that this same thing could occur with both parties. Maybe we can't stop the fraud in the petitions in time to make a difference. In this case, the whistle-blower waited THREE YEARS before blowing the whistle. However, I think that it makes a good case for requiring a form of voter ID. We should at least try to eliminate the fraud in the actual election. We already know that there are low-information voters who think it's just fine to vote on behalf of other family members (or was that tape of the lady who did so just fabricated?). It was also pretty obvious from some of the election returns that showed more people voting than there were registered voters. I think it was in FL (going from memory) where 145% of the registered voters voted; and there were other overages elsewhere of lesser amounts. If any candidate is winning or losing due to such fraud, it corrupts the whole idea of free elections. We might as well be in any banana republic.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Voter ID is just common sense. The ONLY reason to be against it is for opportunities to cheat. You have to show id to buy a pack of smokes for goodness sakes!

Why do you think so many of the left leaning states are going purely to mail - in voting?
    Bill Davis

Voter fraud - another right wing myth that apparently never dies and sure keeps the echo chamber voices animated. When you lose the popular vote in four out of the last five presidential elections I guess that's all you have is excuses. great to see the RNC rehired Rience Pribus given his success in the last election. the party of accountability indeed.
    Gerry please review the Florida certified voting results an d tell me where there was a hundred forty five percent of the votes counted. which county?
    Bill, which states are going to purely mail in voting?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Voter fraud - another right wing myth that apparently never dies and sure keeps the echo chamber voices animated. When you lose the popular vote in four out of the last five presidential elections I guess that's all you have is excuses. great to see the RNC rehired Rience Pribus given his success in the last election. the party of accountability indeed.
    Gerry please review the Florida certified voting results an d tell me where there was a hundred forty five percent of the votes counted. which county?
    I agree, why do the right wing extremists want to disenfranchise fraudulent voters????
    Stan b & Elvis

Washington and Oregon are two that I know of... When I lived in WA, OR had already been doing it for some time... Anyone can fill out a mail in ballot and send it in... They have no way of knowing...
    Bill Davis

Henry, I did more research on the FL item, which was Port St. Lucie district, Allen West's district. There is some dispute about the counting since each voter card had two pages. In theory, that should not have mattered since each "card" should have been counted as one card, regardless of the # of pages to each card. Here are the official voting results
    http://www.slcelections.com/Pdf%20Do...C%20REPORT.pdf

[QUOTE][Along with this questionable result, Mr. Obama also received over 99% of the vote in numerous districts in Broward County. In various districts in Cleveland, he received 100% of the vote. In Florida, Mr. Obama received over 99% of the vote in precincts where GOP inspectors had been removed./QUOTE]

We do know, I believe, that in certain PA counties (Philadelphia being one) not a single vote was cast for Romney. I find that difficult to believe, since although Philadelphia has a large black population, there are also many other ethnic groups there, and it is hard to imagine that not a single person voted for Romney.

We also saw the tape of the lady who voted for at least 3 other people, and was proud of doing that.

There was also some problem with the electronic voting machines not properly recording the vote as it was cast.

With the sheer number of votes being cast, it seems entirely feasible to me that there is a lot of room for error and fraud.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Voter fraud - another right wing myth that apparently never dies and sure keeps the echo chamber voices animated.
    As Global Warming (or is it Climate Change) has been perpetuated by folks making enormous sums of money to continue that hoax - but I would expect it to be more credible in your eyes as it's a left wing hoax.

I live in Pierce County WA - we were forced by a Democratic legislature to go to all mail in voting - our county did not want to & we in the county pay for all election expenses. Maybe you in all your brilliance can pass on the reason why this was mandated?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    As Global Warming (or is it Climate Change) has been perpetuated by folks making enormous sums of money to continue that hoax - but I would expect it to be more credible in your eyes as it's a left wing hoax.

I live in Pierce County WA - we were forced by a Democratic legislature to go to all mail in voting - our county did not want to & we in the county pay for all election expenses. Maybe you in all your brilliance can pass on the reason why this was mandated?
    I suspect Marvin, that the voters of Pierce County WA did this just to piss you off. They are probably hoping that if they piss you off just enough, you may just move away. If your legislature is Democratic and they pass bills you do not agree with...maybe...just maybe, you live in the wrong place. Sorry, minority views are just that... the minority.
    Pound sand regards, JD

Oh, BTW
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I agree, why do the right wing extremists want to disenfranchise fraudulent voters????
    Thanks for adding nothing of substance to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Washington and Oregon are two that I know of... When I lived in WA, OR had already been doing it for some time... Anyone can fill out a mail in ballot and send it in... They have no way of knowing...
    Right, anyone can just mail in a ballot and it will be counted no questions asked. Do you really believe this? That voting officials and the Secretary of State have no concerns about getting an honest vote. If you would care to spend a couple minutes actually investigating how this is done rather than just believing what the right wing entertainment media feeds you, you can look at https://wei.sos.wa.gov/agency/osos/e...e_by_mail.aspx .
    Based on the facts, your understanding of the process is entirely wrong. Your original statement also said that states are moving to purely mail in voting. I found no evidence of this on either Secretary of State website. I did find that they went this way in a special election for one position once or twice and saved the taxpayers millions of dollars in the process. I could not readily find statistics on the percentage of mail in ballot for either state or for “absentee” ballots. Maybe you can find them and send the link?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Henry, I did more research on the FL item, which was Port St. Lucie district, Allen West's district. There is some dispute about the counting since each voter card had two pages. In theory, that should not have mattered since each "card" should have been counted as one card, regardless of the # of pages to each card. Here are the official voting results
    http://www.slcelections.com/Pdf%20Do...C%20REPORT.pdf

[Along with this questionable result, Mr. Obama also received over 99% of the vote in numerous districts in Broward County. In various districts in Cleveland, he received 100% of the vote. In Florida, Mr. Obama received over 99% of the vote in precincts where GOP inspectors had been removed[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Georgia].
    We do know, I believe, that in certain PA counties (Philadelphia being one) not a single vote was cast for Romney. I find that difficult to believe, since although Philadelphia has a large black population, there are also many other ethnic groups there, and it is hard to imagine that not a single person voted for Romney.
    We also saw the tape of the lady who voted for at least 3 other people, and was proud of doing that.
    There was also some problem with the electronic voting machines not properly recording the vote as it was cast.
    With the sheer number of votes being cast, it seems entirely feasible to me that there is a lot of room for error and fraud.
    You posted preliminary results for one county in Allen West’s district. After several legal actions and a SOS investigation, Allen West lost and conceded after the recount showed him losing by even more votes than the original count http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/84017.html

I have no idea of the context of the quote you tried to post.

Regarding the Romney numbers in PA precincts I would refer you to this article from a right winger http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/rom...hia-precincts/ Like you, I did not look for the actual data to confirm this story, but if this is the case, don’t you think a Republican that voted for Romney in one of these precincts could easily bring up that he/she cast his/her vote and it was not recorded? Seems like a pretty easy way for someone to confirm voter fraud. I wonder why this did not occur? Did you know that Obama received no votes in some Utah precincts? Does this raise the same level of concern?

Are there cases of voter fraud each election year, sure, by members of both parties; however, all legitimate research on this clearly shows very very little occurs and these actions are of no consequence to any election outcome. Are there errors in counting every year, sure. Neither fraud nor errors are exclusive to one party or another.

One of my favorite factual stories from the last election is the one where the Republican was trying to prove how easy it was to commit voter fraud and was caught and convicted (plead it out). http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2566297.html

Here are some good reports on the myth.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwasi...tic-deception/
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...0_percent.html
    http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...count-petition
    http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...9fa_fact_mayer

With all the right wing propoganda on this issue in two national elections, you would think there would be more evidence than just a handful of cases by now. Why is this not the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Nice attempt at a diversion Marvin. You are right, the scientific community has reached consensus on both climate change and voter fraud. The evidence confirms that climate change is occurring and will likely have serious consequences and that voter fraud is a very minor issue that has never affected the outcome of an election. Yes, as expected you made reference to all those darn gooberment and university scientists making all kinds of money on the climate change scam. Can you send me evidence of this that does not originate on a koch brothers funded website? Yes, I totally agree that you should follow the money on the science behind climate change. Guess where that trail will lead you? Researchers studying the atmosphere or the people who make money from burning fossil fuels? Are you slipping?. You failed to also say something about highly paid gooberment union workers.

Regarding mail in voting, this was not clear on your SOS website. How many other counties were also forced? All of them in the state as the other guy suggests? You really need to ask your legislators why they did this. These duly elected officials must have had a reason. I presume to save money. Is there fraud because of this process or are you just unhappy about it? This topic is about fraud and your supporter suggested that all you did was mail in a ballot and anyone can do whatever they want. Is this the case?

Even you must admit that voter fraud of any consequence is a myth that stirs the right wing base as evidenced by this thread and recent posts. Another boogeyman that does not exist. Fine by me, it makes for entertaining reading and distracts the party from searching for real solutions to losing elections. The country would be better off if we all focused more on the real challenges than the ones made up for political posturing.

I’ll just go away now since as you have said “I always leave when I no longer have the upper hand”.

Have a great weekend.
    Last edited by Henry V; 04-26-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill

Thanks for adding nothing of substance to the discussion.
    UH HUH.............there is plenty of substance there, of course, you can pretend you don't see it.
    Stan b & Elvis