RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

The Dallas Cowboys GDG

4K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  kigiin 
#1 ·
Man are they hard to watch. :(

#2 ·
Well, they did beat Philly. But, on the whole, I like the way their season is going. :p :p

My favorite teams in the NFL are Seattle and whoever is playing "America's Team."

#3 ·
I remember going to see the Cowboys as a kid. $5.00 in the end zone of the Cotton Bowl. Tom Landry, Bob Lilly, Mel Renfro, Bob Hayes, Don Meridith just to name the ones that first come to mind. Going to Jerry World paying $100.0 to park and then watch a bunch of millionaire prima donnas lose, not thank you!!!! They can't even come close . I miss the organization that was the Dallas Cowboys.

#6 ·
Cowboys need a QB!!!

I hear they will have a new coach next year, a guy sitting out this season for cheating!!!!

#10 ·
They have a great QB. He spends most of his time running for his life because of a terrible offensive line. Babe Lafenberg (ex Cowboy QB and current radio color announcer) said Sunday that the Cowboys basically have no wide receivers. None of them-Austin, Bryant or Ogletree- have a clue as to the routes to run.It sounded to me he was calling them sorry. I guess that goes to coaching but in Bryant's case, I think he is just too dumb to learn or remember. Then there is your number one draft pick safety who has 5 -count 'em- 5 penalties in one game. Two are for lining up in the neutral zone. Another was a holding call which negated a pick six. 13 team penalties. Hard to watch.

Peyton still has a house and a couple of kids in Dallas but he in not stupid. I would be very surprised if he came back and put up with Jone's BS. One can always hope.

On another note, Babe also said Dez Bryant is the most talented wide receiver he has ever seen and Babe was teammates with Jerry Rice. Talent + ability less fitness and smarts = mediocre receiver.

#9 ·
I have found a solution, don't watch, at least until Emperor Jones retires or is taken from this earth. Players and coaches come and go, the only constant in 15 years of mediocrity is Jerry!

#15 ·
They definitely need to fire the GM. Although that wont happen anytime soon but the coach will probably change after this year. Lifelong cowboy fan and now I cant stand to watch. Romo is not that good either. They need a bunch of pieces to make them a good team again.

Russell

#16 ·
As a lifelong Rams fan I hated the Cowboys, but at the same time always respected them. I met Coach Landry once after he had coached the NFC team at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii. He was a true gentleman, very gracious. Toward the end of his tenure I even started to root for them a bit, then Jerry bought the team. In my mind he and the team now are polar opposites of the old Cowboys of Landry, Staubach and Tex Schramm. Now I really hate them, and I root for every interecption Romo throws and every bonehead play Dez Bryant does to seal a defeat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.