The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nipping noise in the bud

Pete! You're a better trainer than that! What do you think you are accomplishing by serving CHEAP red wine with those good ducks? Man, consider your credibility.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Pete! You're a better trainer than that! What do you think you are accomplishing by serving CHEAP red wine with those good ducks? Man, consider your credibility.
    Carol
    I have a weakness for Lambrusco. I am up for suggestions . Do you have a any good suggestions. Can I buy it at Wallmart? (.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Carol
    I have a weakness for Lambrusco. I am up for suggestions . Do you have a any good suggestions. Can I buy it at Wallmart? (.
    1. Beringer California Merlot
    2. Yellow Tail Merlot
    Both good- not expensive... everyones tastes are different but prefer one not so heavy and these I like.
    Cheap red experience regards......
    ps- walmart carries both of them. he he
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Karen, I have to disagree. If he likes lambrusco with duck, there is just no rehabilitating him. He should be rehomed in a family without a stove. (Pete, ya know I'm just joshing with you!) sorry, back to topic.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Well if GDG is where this thread is bound........my wife loves old vine, Lodi zinfandel but dines on Barefoot Zin. I prefer Fat Tire but get by on Diet Budweiser. My suggestion is the Barefoot and the Budweiser!
    "That's a fine dog you got there son. Looks like one of ya'll got the brains and the other one got the driver's license.".

Great thread. Never had a vocal pup till now. However, he is NOT VOCAL on the line, nor waiting for retrieves, even in real hunting situations. Anticipation of hunting/walking/ is very annoying--even walking to the blind or pheasant field produces lot's of high screeching yips. I have tried many of the suggestions posted --none have worked. I did see it young and did not condone. But, not 100 percent sure how much difference that made.

Annoying as hell. I am trying to "let it go" because it is not an issue in the field--thank goodness. But, in the parking lot, there is no mistaking my retriever-sounds like a coyote. Embarrassing! I don't think it will manifest to hunting situations at this point, but..... dunno.

I do have a friend with an incessant whiner while waiting in the duck blind. He has done us all a favor by leaving a great retriever at home. Sad. Don't wanna be that guy. Thanks for all the info.
    John Stroh, Lodi ca

There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace…........If one has cut, split, hauled, and piled his own good oak, and let his mind work the while, he will remember much about where the heat comes from, and with a wealth of detail denied to those who spend the weekend in town astride a radiator.

Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by leemac View Post
    Well if GDG is where this thread is bound........my wife loves old vine, Lodi zinfandel but dines on Barefoot Zin. I prefer Fat Tire but get by on Diet Budweiser. My suggestion is the Barefoot and the Budweiser!
    Sacrilege---Barefoot, for reals? Try some Lodi Abundance. Better, and cheaper.
    John Stroh, Lodi ca

There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace…........If one has cut, split, hauled, and piled his own good oak, and let his mind work the while, he will remember much about where the heat comes from, and with a wealth of detail denied to those who spend the weekend in town astride a radiator.

Aldo Leopold

You guys/gals need to cut Pete some slack...finding a quality bottle of wine in Boise Idaho takes an import, that is anything imported from out of state....when your choices are Albertsons,Winco or Wal Mart, none are target rich environments....I think that one of the reasons my SIL enjoys me visiting from time to time is that she knows I will always bring her some wine that she probably wont find in her local markets, one year I even had a case shipped in direct from a California vineyard
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    You guys/gals need to cut Pete some slack...finding a quality bottle of wine in Boise Idaho takes an import, that is anything imported from out of state....when your choices are Albertsons,Winco or Wal Mart, none are target rich environments....I think that one of the reasons my SIL enjoys me visiting from time to time is that she knows I will always bring her some wine that she probably wont find in her local markets, one year I even had a case shipped in direct from a California vineyard

There are a few advantages to living in Lodi--cheap wine with a grower discount. Abundance is a good one and half the price of the more popular one on the right. Not sure if it is available on line.

John Stroh, Lodi ca

Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by 7pntail View Post
    There are a few advantages to living in Lodi--cheap wine with a grower discount. Abundance is a good one and half the price of the more popular one on the right. Not sure if it is available on line.

Living in Pa. that 7 DEADLY ZINS is a huge favorite in my circle. Will have to check on line for yours.
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA