The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 85

Thread: Retriever Advisory Committee Rule Change Proposals

  1. #51
    Senior Member hughest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Greenhill, AL
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    I am pretty uninformed about hunt tests, is there an Amateur only stake at hunt tests, since hunt tests are not competitive does anyone care?...just wondering since I am hunt test ignorant.
    No, Dr. Ed there is not. I was just talking in general about AM status being based on the number of dogs someone is running. Surprisingly, you will still hear some folks complain about mh test being harder these days because of the pros, and the amateur guy doesn't have as good a chance to pass as he used to, and..... yadayadayada. Anyway, that's a whole 'nother can of worms. Didn't mean to derail the thread.
    Last edited by hughest; 04-14-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    Tracy Hughes - Crimson Kennels
    www.crimsonkennels.com

    Jessica's Chocolate Cait, MH
    Mosby's Big Jake, MH
    Tubby's Maxximum Trouble, MH
    Double G Cosmo's Dream Girl, MH
    Crimson's Coriander Dream, MH
    Johnson's Redwind, MH
    Crimson's TNT By Design, MH
    Crimson's Black Powder Girl, MH

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    171

    Default

    I am violating my own code of conduct by posting as my views are from the heart and unfortunately are observed every weekend. One co owner who runs 6 dogs every weekend of which two or more are co owned made the statement to a holding blind marshall at a NARCCS "I couldn't stay in this sport if my co-owners didn't pay my expenses." Then there is an individual who runs 6 dogs, 2 they own and 4 are totally owned by an amateur who has no ability to train a dog so the handler trains daily and runs all 6 dogs in both Open& Amateur. Guess where the funds are derived from? The spirit of the game is seriously diminished(in my opinion). As to Augie and Louise- they both trained their own dogs . Every morning Augie would work Soupy, Gumbo, Penrod, Weegy,and my ex wife would meet Louise daily to work Mariah, Paint, Tojo. Is the sport expensive? You bet. Why do I stay at "Red Dot" motels-- because the drugs are best, the hookers are plentiful, and I don't have to feed my dogs as they eat whatever is under the bed. I have never seen myself as a member of the "Elite" since had I been, the politicians who run the National club's would have invited me. The third time in 3 years when the head of the RHOF called me re the ballot for that year I told him not to embarrass himself for this would be the third year where the number of nominations (over 179) each year were ignored by the Elite who decide who on the list they want. Since I have offended many of those by accusing them of dishonesty, manipulation of National judge selections, and a few other nefarious acts that he should wait until I was dead. When I worked in Wall Street when I moved to Montana,and ever since all my dogs go to Jim VanEngen as I do not know how to do basics. My relationship with Rex Carr ended 21 years ago and since then I have trained by myself my dogs.Before work,during lunch hour and till dark after work, then every weekend. Three years ago I went to a Rorem Seminar in Florida and Dennis Voight was there also. Dave asked "what the hell are you guys doing here? Well I had Rosa and Dennis had Odie-both fully amped dogs and we both knew that all the methods we had tried earlier were not effective. Since that time I have been working with Dave Rorem and I am learning so much about how to read and teach these dogs of mine that I told Dave that he will never train a dog for me unless I am n a wheelchair or on a walker, but I am going to have my nose 4 inches from his ass as what I am learning is almost Zen. I am excellent on the Xs and Os after 50 years, that is the "physical" now I am learning the mental. Yes, I am depleting rapidly any liquidity I presently have, but I am having fun, the dogs are having fun and BOTH of us are learning without pressure. On the aside last weekend when Rosa got a 2nd the last series of the Amateur had Lynnne-3 NAFCs, Mac 1NFC, Sutter 1NAFC, Neil 1NFC, !NAFC, Kampo 1 NFC, Powers 2 NAFCs, Hays 1NFC . Hell myself, Duncan and Woodson were orphans-soot covered, and among what I consider a group who all are dedicated to the sport and who next weekend will be putting on a trial so the absentee owners and the co owned can parade their little darlings on the stage and we all can see how nice their dogs are,of course we will have to wait for 30-45 minutes for them to show up,do those "amateur" handlers care that all the stations are sitting in the rain, hot sun etc while we wait? Do they realize that all the contestants and judges are being inconvenienced and their selfishness is destroying the time management that the judges were trying to adhere to? BS all they care about is themselves. Take their entry money but BE PREPARED TO WAIT. This next week I have 3hunt test people coming to train with me, all 3 want to enter Field trials so if we encourage and welcome those who seriously want to learn and then perhaps after all these old elephants like myself kick off there will still be people who are hands on trainers.

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Lanse ... the message, your remarks, "hit the sweet spot".
    In your own indomitable truthful way again you 'set the record in the right
    perspective'.

    I have known you for over 47 years ... since the early days in the '60's
    at Hook Lake & Wisconsin trials. All the years not only have been memorable
    and priceless, they reflect everything that the game should be.

    I score the Amateur we did for Wilbur Saunders at Treasure State, 9/77, as at the top
    of the list of most enjoyable weekends judging with a co-judge.

    W. D. Connor

  4. #54
    Senior Member TBell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Piney Point on Sardis Lake, MS
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Thanks Lanse luv it AND YOU as always

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Hey Lanse, you don't have that roseberry fella coming down to Ralph, do ya? If so, kick him in the ass!
    Allen Dillard

    HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

  6. #56
    Senior Member TBell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Piney Point on Sardis Lake, MS
    Posts
    484

    Default

    As I sit here waiting over an hour for a dog to show up and finish the Q, I'll post one last thought.

    This has been a good discussion about AM status and the Amateur stake's purpose.

    80%+ of the participants play the game in a fair and sporting manor. The rules have to be made for the 20% who don't. (I know these percentages are NOT accurate, but you get the idea.)

    BTW C. Johnson, there are many adjectives that describe people in the game and yes 'jealous' is one but so is 'greed' and 'selfish'. There are a handful that have earned the adjective of 'respected'. It is up to each individual to earn their own adjectives.

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    I am violating my own code of conduct by posting as my views are from the heart and unfortunately are observed every weekend. One co owner who runs 6 dogs every weekend of which two or more are co owned made the statement to a holding blind marshall at a NARCCS "I couldn't stay in this sport if my co-owners didn't pay my expenses." Then there is an individual who runs 6 dogs, 2 they own and 4 are totally owned by an amateur who has no ability to train a dog so the handler trains daily and runs all 6 dogs in both Open& Amateur. Guess where the funds are derived from? The spirit of the game is seriously diminished(in my opinion). As to Augie and Louise- they both trained their own dogs . Every morning Augie would work Soupy, Gumbo, Penrod, Weegy,and my ex wife would meet Louise daily to work Mariah, Paint, Tojo. Is the sport expensive? You bet. Why do I stay at "Red Dot" motels-- because the drugs are best, the hookers are plentiful, and I don't have to feed my dogs as they eat whatever is under the bed. I have never seen myself as a member of the "Elite" since had I been, the politicians who run the National club's would have invited me. The third time in 3 years when the head of the RHOF called me re the ballot for that year I told him not to embarrass himself for this would be the third year where the number of nominations (over 179) each year were ignored by the Elite who decide who on the list they want. Since I have offended many of those by accusing them of dishonesty, manipulation of National judge selections, and a few other nefarious acts that he should wait until I was dead. When I worked in Wall Street when I moved to Montana,and ever since all my dogs go to Jim VanEngen as I do not know how to do basics. My relationship with Rex Carr ended 21 years ago and since then I have trained by myself my dogs.Before work,during lunch hour and till dark after work, then every weekend. Three years ago I went to a Rorem Seminar in Florida and Dennis Voight was there also. Dave asked "what the hell are you guys doing here? Well I had Rosa and Dennis had Odie-both fully amped dogs and we both knew that all the methods we had tried earlier were not effective. Since that time I have been working with Dave Rorem and I am learning so much about how to read and teach these dogs of mine that I told Dave that he will never train a dog for me unless I am n a wheelchair or on a walker, but I am going to have my nose 4 inches from his ass as what I am learning is almost Zen. I am excellent on the Xs and Os after 50 years, that is the "physical" now I am learning the mental. Yes, I am depleting rapidly any liquidity I presently have, but I am having fun, the dogs are having fun and BOTH of us are learning without pressure. On the aside last weekend when Rosa got a 2nd the last series of the Amateur had Lynnne-3 NAFCs, Mac 1NFC, Sutter 1NAFC, Neil 1NFC, !NAFC, Kampo 1 NFC, Powers 2 NAFCs, Hays 1NFC . Hell myself, Duncan and Woodson were orphans-soot covered, and among what I consider a group who all are dedicated to the sport and who next weekend will be putting on a trial so the absentee owners and the co owned can parade their little darlings on the stage and we all can see how nice their dogs are,of course we will have to wait for 30-45 minutes for them to show up,do those "amateur" handlers care that all the stations are sitting in the rain, hot sun etc while we wait? Do they realize that all the contestants and judges are being inconvenienced and their selfishness is destroying the time management that the judges were trying to adhere to? BS all they care about is themselves. Take their entry money but BE PREPARED TO WAIT. This next week I have 3hunt test people coming to train with me, all 3 want to enter Field trials so if we encourage and welcome those who seriously want to learn and then perhaps after all these old elephants like myself kick off there will still be people who are hands on trainers.
    Well said once again Lanse
    Love your honesty & passion for our sport!!

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SW Michigan
    Posts
    44

    Default

    BTW T Bell, I agree that It is up to each individual to earn their own adjectives.

    Here is an adjective that I wish would describe more of the people that post their opinions on the internet:

    "RELEVANT"

  9. #59
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RF2 View Post
    Hey Lanse, you don't have that roseberry fella coming down to Ralph, do ya? If so, kick him in the ass!
    i wasn't invited but since i learned about the event i am going anyhow.....just as easy to train four hunt test goobers as it is three.

    btw i will be publishing and selling a training book soon. the book will be all photographs and coffee table sized. it will be called, "the drills and marking setup diagrams of lanse brown, drawn with his finger on my dirty truck". could selling this book jeapordize my am status?

    btw i have a couple of dogs available for co ownership.......to the right people of course!
    john mccallie

  10. #60
    Senior Member EdA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    btw i have a couple of dogs available for co ownership.......to the right people of course!
    1. Are they any good?
    2. How much $$$$$ are you willing to provide in upkeep?
    3. Would you be an annoying and obstructive co-owner or would you be satisfied to sit in the corner and keep your mouth shut?
    4. Do you have a hot wife or girlfriend?
    5. Do you drink or smoke pot?
    6. Would you be willing to purchase summer training grounds in Montana?
    7. Are you a Democrat?
    8. Are you a Crimson Tide fan?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •