The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Retriever Advisory Committee Rule Change Proposals

LOL @ The Barbara Walters impersonation. Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    1. Are they any good?
    2. How much $$$$$ are you willing to provide in upkeep?
    3. Would you be an annoying and obstructive co-owner or would you be satisfied to sit in the corner and keep your mouth shut?
    4. Do you have a hot wife or girlfriend?
    5. Do you drink or smoke pot?
    6. Would you be willing to purchase summer training grounds in Montana?
    7. Are you a Democrat?
    8. Are you a Crimson Tide fan?
    9. If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?
    Bill Davis

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    I am violating my own code of conduct by posting as my views are from the heart and unfortunately are observed every weekend. One co owner who runs 6 dogs every weekend of which two or more are co owned made the statement to a holding blind marshall at a NARCCS "I couldn't stay in this sport if my co-owners didn't pay my expenses." Then there is an individual who runs 6 dogs, 2 they own and 4 are totally owned by an amateur who has no ability to train a dog so the handler trains daily and runs all 6 dogs in both Open& Amateur. Guess where the funds are derived from? The spirit of the game is seriously diminished(in my opinion). As to Augie and Louise- they both trained their own dogs . Every morning Augie would work Soupy, Gumbo, Penrod, Weegy,and my ex wife would meet Louise daily to work Mariah, Paint, Tojo. Is the sport expensive? You bet. Why do I stay at "Red Dot" motels-- because the drugs are best, the hookers are plentiful, and I don't have to feed my dogs as they eat whatever is under the bed. I have never seen myself as a member of the "Elite" since had I been, the politicians who run the National club's would have invited me. The third time in 3 years when the head of the RHOF called me re the ballot for that year I told him not to embarrass himself for this would be the third year where the number of nominations (over 179) each year were ignored by the Elite who decide who on the list they want. Since I have offended many of those by accusing them of dishonesty, manipulation of National judge selections, and a few other nefarious acts that he should wait until I was dead. When I worked in Wall Street when I moved to Montana,and ever since all my dogs go to Jim VanEngen as I do not know how to do basics. My relationship with Rex Carr ended 21 years ago and since then I have trained by myself my dogs.Before work,during lunch hour and till dark after work, then every weekend. Three years ago I went to a Rorem Seminar in Florida and Dennis Voight was there also. Dave asked "what the hell are you guys doing here? Well I had Rosa and Dennis had Odie-both fully amped dogs and we both knew that all the methods we had tried earlier were not effective. Since that time I have been working with Dave Rorem and I am learning so much about how to read and teach these dogs of mine that I told Dave that he will never train a dog for me unless I am n a wheelchair or on a walker, but I am going to have my nose 4 inches from his ass as what I am learning is almost Zen. I am excellent on the Xs and Os after 50 years, that is the "physical" now I am learning the mental. Yes, I am depleting rapidly any liquidity I presently have, but I am having fun, the dogs are having fun and BOTH of us are learning without pressure. On the aside last weekend when Rosa got a 2nd the last series of the Amateur had Lynnne-3 NAFCs, Mac 1NFC, Sutter 1NAFC, Neil 1NFC, !NAFC, Kampo 1 NFC, Powers 2 NAFCs, Hays 1NFC . Hell myself, Duncan and Woodson were orphans-soot covered, and among what I consider a group who all are dedicated to the sport and who next weekend will be putting on a trial so the absentee owners and the co owned can parade their little darlings on the stage and we all can see how nice their dogs are,of course we will have to wait for 30-45 minutes for them to show up,do those "amateur" handlers care that all the stations are sitting in the rain, hot sun etc while we wait? Do they realize that all the contestants and judges are being inconvenienced and their selfishness is destroying the time management that the judges were trying to adhere to? BS all they care about is themselves. Take their entry money but BE PREPARED TO WAIT. This next week I have 3hunt test people coming to train with me, all 3 want to enter Field trials so if we encourage and welcome those who seriously want to learn and then perhaps after all these old elephants like myself kick off there will still be people who are hands on trainers.
    Good response as always, Lanse! I love your irreverence to the muck-aty-mucks. (From just another lowly amateur...)
    Last edited by wayne anderson; 04-16-2013 at 08:36 PM.

1. hell naw! (if they were any good i could train them myself)
    2. i got four heartworm pills left out of a box of six i will send along.
    3. .................................................. .................(that's the silence of my shut mouth)
    4. smokin' wife.......aint got no girl friends!
    5. good baptist, so.......maybe and maybe?
    6. no, but i know some people! training grounds are like swimming pools. it's easier to have a neighbor with one than have your own.
    7. see #1.
    8. .................................................. ..................(silent on the matter.............until jacob gets me started)
    9. my duck huntin' buddies always call me "king of the pin oak flats". so oak i guess?

ed,
    provided my answers meet your approval, i will meet you half way in little rock saturday. i assume you will like the black one best!
    jmc
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry
    ed,
    provided my answers meet your approval, i will meet you half way in little rock saturday. i assume you will like the black one best!
    jmc
    Dang, now that the Aggies have joined the SEC you boys need a little geography lesson, Little Rock is on the way to Memphis not Birmingham, besides I am tied up this weekend with the North Texas field trial in Southern Oklahoma...

gone fishing.....
    Last edited by TBell; 05-08-2013 at 03:02 PM.

I'm curious what the point is? Not knocking you Tammy...but the fact that there are takers and givers in the sport will not go away - I hope some day to have numerous competitive AA dogs, that is why I'm working my arse off now with a desk job...I try and judge a couple times a year (if I'm asked) and support my club's HT and try to put on a FT (may not this year)...but once I get to the age where I can enjoy training multiple dogs, enter multiple dogs I want to have that option available...limiting the amateur is a very, very bad move in my opinion.
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Point

Is this the direction we want the Amateur stake to go?

I would worry more about the direction of the Open than the Amateur. Where 1-2 handlers often have 30% or more of the entry. In one of the trials listed 1 handler has 59%!

Tim
    You order a Lab; ask a Golden; but negotiate with a Chesapeake!

Quote Originally Posted by TBell View Post
    Point

Is this the direction we want the Amateur stake to go?
    You can not legislate common courtesy or common sense...if some one has 3+ dogs and doesn't give back to the sport, that's on them, why should you create a rule that hurts those who have 3+ dogs and do give back (by judging, putting on trials, use of land, etc)? Do you want the direction of the sport to drive away those who give back? I think we tend to focus on the negative and not look at the positive and I'd really, really like to believe there is more positive than negative n this sport. Are we trying to create a solution for a "problem" that really isn't a problem?
    Last edited by FOM; 05-08-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot